General Bug/Glitch thread

United States
Marin County
I figured a thread documenting the various bugs in Gran Turismo 5 (full retail version only, of course) might be helpful not only to those who own the game, but possibly the developers too. Sort of like an extended beta test perhaps. So just post bugs you have run into whilst playing the game. Probably best to keep the reposts to a minimum although realistically there will be some overlap. Also, let's try to keep this focused on actual bugs, not personal opinions on how certain aspects are handled (other threads for that)

Here are some issues I have noticed:

-Odd aliasing problem with particle effect clouds and foreground (pretty sure this is well known)
-Parts purchased, but not immediately installed seem to disappear afterwards, even though your credits are taken. Meaning you have to re-purchase anything you don't immediately install. Not 100% sure this occurs, but it seems like it does. edit: see post 5
-FC3S RX7: tachometer doesn't work properly
-RE-Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7: dashboard does not light during night races (not sure if it is supposed to or not, I would think so)

I've noticed a few other more minor things, but I think they are beyond the scope of this thread.

Please do not post any glitches or exploits that would allow players access to cars, money, etc. that they would not normally have access to (unless you can demonstrate that said exploits were deliberately placed in the game by Polyphony Digital - though there has never been a recorded case of this). The use and abuse of these exploits will be considered cheating in the same way that picking up a position by driving across a chicane is cheating, and and post discussing them will be deleted on sight. - interludes

Last edited by a moderator:
Had this weird issue where my car, and sometimes the AIs' cars, would start to slide to the side or forward when waiting to start our runs.

This occurred during the gravel rally, intermediate level.

I bought a premium vette yesterday late sixties and noticed the speedo must be in km/h because it was reading a whole lot higher than my digital readout which as mph.

Anyone esle notice this?

Also fix they way invites are handled into My lounge. Right now there is no way for a host to invite someone, and also make it to where only the host can start the race.

Last edited:
-Parts purchased, but not immediately installed seem to disappear afterwards, even though your credits are taken. Meaning you have to re-purchase anything you don't immediately install. Not 100% sure this occurs, but it seems like it does.
They should be in the "items" section on the left of the home screen.

I use the DFGt, and the wheel starts off centred then after a few races it centres itself to the left about 10 degrees. it did this with prologue aswell, i asked some people on here about it a while back and they said it was a programing thing wwiht prologue, but it still does it with gt5. Does this happen to anyone else???
i find it hard to beleive an error/bug this big would make its way into the full game

I've noticed a few in the rally events.

1. While your car has rally style rims on it the AI cars use their standard rims, regardless of the fact they were also 'premium' cars. (purely cosmetic I know)

2. Your co-driver sometimes calls out the corner when you're already half way around it.

3. An issue where in the replay the dust around the car turned into weird lines.

All found on GT rally beginner.

The G25 wheel has a second gear problem, to hard to get the gear right most of the time. The breaks stay on a little some times, noticeable in licence restart and in races after some corners where you braked and car won't accelerate properly.
I Hope they can fix it with a patch as codies did in F1.

Second lap of the third TGTT challenge. Can't remember if it's Chicago or Hammerhead but one of the other cars gets stuck in a run-off area, humping cones. Look out for it. Seems like some kind of hitbox issue, happens every time. Funny as hell

On special stage 7 at night, when looking in the rear view mirror, other cars had their headlights off but light bouncing off asphalt. They appear fine though if not look through the mirror.

Oh and, has anyone seen brake lights for 90's pontiac firebird. Look like stickers.

This isn't really a bug, but the AI seem to just hit you and spin you out on some races just to stay on the line.

lol This happened to me too many times. Then the rest of the pack hit me again for good measure. And we say the AI is stupid. :P

Premium Suzuki Cappo EA21R - When windscreen wipers are turned on, they stay at the bottom of the screen - it looks like theres 2 sets of wipers; one set "turned off" and one set wiping the screen.

Also had a freeze during licence test b test 4 - system froze after pressing "start".

While racing a Subaru Impreza STI 2010 on Deep Forest we had road noise, wind noise and music but absolutely no engine noise. Felt very strange, especially considering one of the guys I work with has this car and we can hear him coming from half a mile down the road :-)

Restarting again fixed the problem, engine noise as usual.

My FC RX-7 when in cockpit view the cockpit rev limiter is at 4500 RPM even though the hud limiter is at like 8000 or something around that number. I installed the 6 speed right after buying the car and then when I drove it this happened. Switched to the 5 speed stock tranny and it kept happening. It's not that bad since I can know my RPM in the HUD but it's a bit annoying.

I get stuck in the pits whenever I go in. The car puts itself in gear and the throttle indicator shows its trying to move when the stop is over, but it never does. After a while of this it will switch between first and reverse.

The G25 wheel has a second gear problem, to hard to get the gear right most of the time. The breaks stay on a little some times, noticeable in licence restart and in races after some corners where you braked and car won't accelerate properly.
I Hope they can fix it with a patch as codies did in F1.
I can confirm that 2nd gear problem. Annoying as hell! I did not notice that breaking issue though.
On special stage 7 at night, when looking in the rear view mirror, other cars had their headlights off but light bouncing off asphalt. They appear fine though if not look through the mirror.
I noticed that headlights from other cars not showing in rearview mirror. Also with standard Civic typeR (98 I think) On night track SS R5 I could see no light from my own headlights on the road surface, but could see it on the guardrails. Lights were on. It happened in race and replay.

This is quite a service we're providing for PD =).

- Has anyone else been trapped in an online lobby? Twice now I have found myself in a Lobby without the ability to choose any options (Including the WITHDRAW option). I waited for 15 minutes the second time... Both times I was forced to quit the game from the PS3 menu

BWX
I can confirm that 2nd gear problem. Annoying as hell! I did not notice that breaking issue though.

+1 here, I have the same problem. You have to be completely off the gas to be on the clutch and completely off the gas until the clutch is then released, it's really annoying when playing online.

I've only tried this on GT rally beginner tarmac with a Mini Cooper S '07 so I don't know if it applies to all cars. When it starts raining the windshield wipers turn on automatically and can't be turned off which firstly, defeats the purpose of having a button to turn them on and off and secondly, it sucks because I wanted to see how amazing the graphics look while driving with the rain battering off the windsheild.

I've had the game completely freeze on my 3 times. Usually it's after I've done a lot of photomode or course maker and then try to go racing. But the first 2 were both on Suzuka East Short, but the last time was on Autumn Ring Mini with my B-Spec driver.

I use the DFGt, and the wheel starts off centred then after a few races it centres itself to the left about 10 degrees. it did this with prologue aswell, i asked some people on here about it a while back and they said it was a programing thing wwiht prologue, but it still does it with gt5. Does this happen to anyone else???
i find it hard to beleive an error/bug this big would make its way into the full game

Yup Ive had this in GT5 and other games as well, If you full lock it to the right then left it corrects itself. It works for me, if its the same issue it may work for you?

The first replay I saved, best lap in TT mode at Rome had the road missing like in one of the pre release demos at the Nurburgring!

Starting a race in cockpit view at Trial mountain driving down the straight a tree was popping up and dissapearinh on the left hand side of the track. Didn't happen when tried in bumper cam view

Whilst driving around a track I created in course maker (snow theme) I had mountains regulary pop up.

im not sure if its really a glitch or bug but
the reflections on the cars sometimes disappear and pop up
you can see it well on roof cam in the IC-10 license test

On this part of the track, there's an area of invisible road. like the mapping for where the car should come into physical contact with something is a bit too high.

34q9zxf.jpg

This is different from the other stuff in this thread, but may belong here? I'll let you guys decide.

Chevrolet Corvette (C1) '54 appeared in my used lot so I looked it. The writeup on it seemed really bizarre until I realized it was actually the Silverado SST writeup. Backed out and reselected to see if it was a freak glitch and it displayed every time.

Whilst driving the Murcielago LP640 in the tuscan night challenge, the headlights would not illuminate the road at all if I was driving at even a slight incline.

Back