General Bug/Glitch thread

Additional bug in replay photomode, I spend ages lining up a nice angle of cars one of which close to the camera, in the photo frame it looks good but when i take the photo the result is that the closest car disappears completely, leaving just the further car visible.
So basically what i'm saying is that what you see through the viewfinder of the camera is not what you get on the final photo. I think the zoom and position slightly changes.
Also i will call it a bug/missing feature there is no rewind/forward function in replays.

- Shadows as everyone is well aware.

- The badges on the rear of the cars go blurry, very visible with the peogeut 207.

- Objects disappear and reappear on the track, both racing and in photomode.

- The dashboard goes too dark in the rain races.

- The blocky appearance of cars in the rain, snow and etc.

- The blocky and jaggy scratches and dirt marks on the game.

For 6 years in developing, these should have never appeared on a next gen racing game of this boasted legacy.

Makes you wonder when did they actually started testing the game? Two months ago?

Two that I've noticed.

One isn't really a glitch, but the map is white and can disappear into the clouds. A drop shadow or black stroke around it would fix that. The second is in license b-5, if you take a hard right at the beginning towards the driveway and crash into the wall to the left of the opening, you can get a gold in something like 3 seconds (seriously)

These are some bugs I found with the Logitech MOMO Force Feedback (I know its not officially supported but it worked fine in prologue):
-After releasing the break pedal the game somehow thinks I'm still pressing it a little (even with my foot off it) and I have to pull it back with my foot, this also happens at the start of a race it just applies itself.

-The game doesn't properly configure the wheel when starting (when it turns the wheel to the right and back) it just thinks that its straight when its actually steering a bit to the left (this is really annoying as I have to turn left to keep going straight). I am unable to turn it full lock to the left or right to correct it like in other games (it goes back to middle but the game doesn't adjust to it).

Before I start I must just say that I am enjoying the game. I've been playing GT since GT3. I'm sitting here right now and supposed to be working but already looking forward to firing up the game later.

My main issue at the moment is gear changing with a G25.

People have already commented that 1st in to 2nd is difficult. I would say nine times out of 10, if you are in one of the slower cars and you try a reasonable change from 1st to 2nd you will end up in neutral. Coming down through the gears using heel and toe as well - I'll regularly end up in neutral. I race in iRacing and missed shifts may be experienced once in a handful of races. In GT5 I'm getting multiple missed shifts per race or even per lap. A workaround is to not touch the clutch at all and you can then still shift just using the stick without the clutch. As soon as you use the clutch it is then active.

My second biggest issue is the head shake effect. This is most noticeable on the rally events and some Nascar events but only really when you are using the in car view. For rally events, I've had to switch to bumper cam because after a lap it starts to give me a headache. The only way I can describe it is the whole view of the track shakes violently up and down on bumpier portions of the track. The problem is that your eyes have natural shock absorption/image stablisation. You drive your real car on a bumpy road. You may notice the dashboard or the mirror vibrating, but you look down the road and it is rock steady. I can accept that some people may like this affect as it gives a visual feedback as to the quality of the surface. All I ask is that it is made optional.

Other issues:

Pop ups. This is noticeable on a few tracks. Eg the Eiger track. After the 2nd hairpin, you head off downhill and can see people appearing at the side of track at the next hairpin. This didn't happen in GT5P.
Shadows. A lot has been mentioned in relation to the shadows already. My biggest gripe is how shadows caused by trees magically appear just as you are about to drive over them. This just serves to distract from the overall experience.
Smoke. Particle effects such as smoke resulting from a burnout or skid create a weird effect when they interact with your car. Try a spin on the AMG Nurburgring challenge and watch as the resulting smoke hits the front of your car turning the bonnet and windscreen into a saw toothed mess.
User Interface. I've always found the GT UI a bit strange and it's not improved this time around. It's just so inconsistent. It looks nice enough but why must I press Circle to move the cursor to the exit icon and then have to press X to exit whereas on some pages pressing Circle actually leave the page with one press? If I don't have the correct car for a challenge, why can't a pop up appear saying you can't use this car but there is a suitable vehicle in your garage. Would you like to use it? Instead I spend half my time traipsing through slow loading menus to achieve the end goal of arriving on track with the correct car.

I could go on but I won't. I'm still loving GT5. If they could at least sort out the G25 shift issue that would go some way to removing some of the frustration I'm experiencing. :-)

Was in an online game hosted by someone else. When they left, I got control. I went to garage to set car restrictions but people were still able to select any car they wanted. They started the race, I was left out as a spectator with no option to enter / restart the race, even though I was game / server owner.

FREEZING WHEN CROSSING START/FINISH LINE

I have installed gt5 on the hard drive of my fat ps3.

When i use practice with any car every time i cross the start/finish line the game freezes for a split second.

Dont think it effects time but its annoying none the less

anyone else had this happen is it a bug?

not had any other issues apart from this and it does not happen in races

Last edited:
Can't get online, after the "checking network environment" load the game totally freezes after trying everything I could think of to restart my console I had to flip the rear switch.
Horrid smoke effect worst was then I've had a 'box' form around my car with large vertical bars.

Not really a bug per se, but something that should be looked into. For some of the special events (like NASCAR intermediate tests), the 'START' graphic that pops up when the clock starts for your run can block key parts of the track ahead to the point of affecting your ability to get your car in the correct line.

Of course you eventually learn how to do it after a few attempts, but it's really distracting (and annoying) the first couple of times. Specifically, the events where you need to stay above/below the cones going through an oval, it blocks the view of the cones! Once the graphic disappears, you end up with half a second to spot and avoid them.

GT crashed hard two times in the hour following the installation: :ill:
Every time the game recovered last save and only lost some xp.

I was offline and never connected the PS3 to the internet until yesterday. Also the system was quite cool. I was playing version 1.00, so it could be related to the lack of the upgrade.

Since updating to 1.01 it seems ok for now, but just played for an hour.

I bought a SVT F-150 Lightning yesterday, put some good coin into it, won some races, and gifted it to a friend. When I chose my friends name, I got a message saying "Upload Failed". The car is no longer in my garage, and my friend never got it. It's just gone...

Custom soundtrack (regular MP3s, nothing unusual) froze my game upon entering a race, 3 times in a row. Disabling fixed the freezes.

I have a couple:

1. After unlocking the Nürburgring 24-Hour Endurance Layout, it said I had unlocked the "Nürburgring 4-Hour Endurance Layout." :odd:

2. During the Top Gear Test Track special event, intermediate, ASM is locked and you can't turn it on in the menu before the race. BUT, if you use the RA Function during the race, you can still turn it on. Same goes for any other event where specific Driving Aids are locked.

when I reached level nine ... the text box that came up showed me that I became level 8 ... :D

In the pickup race event (2nd tier of A-Spec, I think), I had immense trouble on the oval track since everyone was faster than me in my Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. I thought about selling the car (~7.400 credits worth), but then opted to tune it.

It took well over 90.000 credits worth of upgrades until I narrowly won the race. After that, I wanted to sell the car and it was still worth the same ~7.400 credits. That is something I would like to see fixed.

dude i think ur right about that parts thing. i swear i had bought some parts and didnt have them. only thing is i cant prove it because i didnt even look to install it immediately.

In all my ssr5-7 tracks everything just looks fuzzy. its like a bunch of little white dots all over the screen. a few otha tracks do it when it is very dark. could it be my tv? 720p via hdmi. on my ps3 i have the super white hdmi option on as well. maybe its the cable idk. does any one else encounter the fuzzy look on night time tracks ssr5-7 it is very visible

I was using the data logger in practice when it seemed to no longer receive any input, the replay played but i could get any reaction from pressing any button. I had to exit the game via the XMB.

In the pickup race event (2nd tier of A-Spec, I think), I had immense trouble on the oval track since everyone was faster than me in my Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. I thought about selling the car (~7.400 credits worth), but then opted to tune it.

It took well over 90.000 credits worth of upgrades until I narrowly won the race. After that, I wanted to sell the car and it was still worth the same ~7.400 credits. That is something I would like to see fixed.

That may not be a bug in the traditional sense. Has GT ever counted the value of the upgrades you put on a car for resale value?

Probably mentioned before, but the TC & ABS settings are being reset all the time you start a new race or license. I put everything off but the next race it's on 5 and 1 again.

This is probably not a bug but my game always freezes during the 2nd or 3rd track when i try to complete the clubman championship or when i watch replays for too long..its really starting to annoy me

Latest Posts

Back