General Bug/Glitch thread

The breaks stay on a little some times, noticeable in licence restart and in races after some corners where you braked and car won't accelerate properly.
I Hope they can fix it with a patch as codies did in F1.

I've also had this problem with the G25. Had to switch to DFGT to play. I was playing GT4 about a week ago and the same thing was happening but it wasn't slowing me down at all like it is in GT5. Hasn't happened with any other game though.

Does anyone else have problems repairing their car's chassis/body? I noticed after having a serious crash in my Fairlady Z there was a noticeable thumping noise, like a body panel's loose. So I go to GT Auto to repair it (21,000 in damage :nervous: ) But after I repaired it, the noise was still there when I went back to race. So I went back to GT Auto and it still said I had 21,000 worth of damage on my chassis. Hopefully this isn't just me.

This is quite a service we're providing for PD =).

- Has anyone else been trapped in an online lobby? Twice now I have found myself in a Lobby without the ability to choose any options (Including the WITHDRAW option). I waited for 15 minutes the second time... Both times I was forced to quit the game from the PS3 menu

Same thing has happened to me twice. I was held hostage in a lobby. Had to quit from the PS3 menu too. It is really annoying.

The G25 wheel has a second gear problem, to hard to get the gear right most of the time. The breaks stay on a little some times, noticeable in licence restart and in races after some corners where you braked and car won't accelerate properly.
I Hope they can fix it with a patch as codies did in F1.

Same problem as the G25 break pedal stay slightly on and prevent me from accelerating , never had this problem on other games

also the second gear shift is so hard you have to shift very slowly

Going the wrong way round on some tracks makes the rear view mirror view disappear.
AI is worse in some respects to past games, to the extent that they appear scripted as they make the same mistakes/movements every time you restart (on the world tour challenge at Monza i watched the same car skid to the right 5 times exactly the same every time).
Screen tearing, framerate issues.
Upload error when gifting a car results in neither party owning car it just disappears.
Bad pop up sometimes really did not expect to see pop in GT5, Bizarrely on some tracks e.g. Nurburgring the draw distance is phenomenal (last long straight).
Why can we only turn the map off? I don't see the need for permanent timers or that little box that shows I'm pressing the accelerator i know that already,I am sure Kaz said we would be able to turn this stuff off where is this option.
Some times in replays or as the cars roll start the cars shadow does not show on rumble strips and it looks like the car is floating.
Headlights on night tracks do not work as real lights do when changing from low to high beam the arc of light just gets brighter is does not lift to extend your view, anyone tried the night time Toscana challenge very difficult to see ahead.
S**t gotta stop the more i think about it the worse it seams i love this game and i suppose I'm just being over critical cos its been so long in development (what were they doing while Kaz was traveling around world racing cars around hmmm!)

I was racing on special stage route (Im having a stressful day at work and went blank as to which has the rain. 11,I think) and when going through the tunnel, the stream of water flying of the rear of the car keeps on going like a huge water tail until the end of the tunnel and in the rain again. I understand that is probably a part of the car model when raining but its a glitch that it didnt switch off in the tunnel. The tunnel Im making referance to is the super long and beautiful gold reflection on the gold coloured ceramic tiled walls.

Premium Suzuki Cappo EA21R - When windscreen wipers are turned on, they stay at the bottom of the screen - it looks like theres 2 sets of wipers; one set "turned off" and one set wiping the screen.

Also had a freeze during licence test b test 4 - system froze after pressing "start".

I've had the game freeze at many licence tests after ending/exiting the licence test and re-entering it by pressing the "green start icon"

This has happened to me enought many times to learn a way to avoid it : Wait until the speech bubble comes up and reads "start"

MadMax

I've currently got my B-Spec driver competeing in the World Compact Car series in the Amatuer series of events.

He's going really really well, probably due to the fact that I could use any car I wanted.

He is in a M3 Coupe Chrome Line which was the car I was using in A-Spec, the competition for example includes a Tigra 1.6i, Corsa Comfort 1.4..no contest.

I'm pretty sure this is an actual bug. I'm meant to only be able to select compact small cars right?

Last edited:
This is quite a service we're providing for PD =).

- Has anyone else been trapped in an online lobby? Twice now I have found myself in a Lobby without the ability to choose any options (Including the WITHDRAW option). I waited for 15 minutes the second time... Both times I was forced to quit the game from the PS3 menu

I was just trapped in a karting server that had apparently been running for 7 hours... the race hadn't started yet, and it was impossible for me to "Exit" -- basically putting everybody into permanent, pre-race karting limbo.

+1 here, I have the same problem. You have to be completely off the gas to be on the clutch and completely off the gas until the clutch is then released, it's really annoying when playing online.

+1 G27, the same problem. It's really annoying to lose some very important tenths of seconds at accelerating from the starting grid.. Same problem was also in GT5P. Otherwise, haven't seen too many bugs in the game, only one that pops in my mind is the old RX-7's tach which clearly wants to be in a diesel car (rev's to 4500 max). But you get used to it :D

This isn't really a bug, but the AI seem to just hit you and spin you out on some races just to stay on the line.

Same here, happened to me a number of times on the Top Gear challenges. Also on some city circuits you sometimes get stuck between the wall and cars behind you that want to drive right through you.

I also noticed that during the Grand Tour, where you have these clips where your driver gets from one car into another, in Siena (I believe it was, might be another Italian location) when he walks on the square his fees sink into the ground a little bit. Looks very weird.

Same here, happened to me a number of times on the Top Gear challenges. Also on some city circuits you sometimes get stuck between the wall and cars behind you that want to drive right through you.

I also noticed that during the Grand Tour, where you have these clips where your driver gets from one car into another, in Siena (I believe it was, might be another Italian location) when he walks on the square his fees sink into the ground a little bit. Looks very weird.

Man that TG challenge with '04 Elises was frustrating. You really had to be careful with the overtakes, few times I found myself in the "failed" screen after AI moron decided to brake in the middle of a corner and the car after me plowed me into the cones..

The function for turning windscreen wipers on/off is only available in good weather, when you don't need them. In rain/snow, they are always on.

What's the point of the function then? Just have it always off in good weather, and always on in bad weather.

Practice, when crossing the finish line for each lap, game locks up for 3 seconds, then starts again. This is at the same time as the ghost car is added to the screen.

Same problem as the G25 break pedal stay slightly on and prevent me from accelerating , never had this problem on other games

also the second gear shift is so hard you have to shift very slowly

It's a relief to hear that other are having trouble with 2nd gear. Well its a relief in the sense that I no longer think its just me being crap but annoying that its been a problem since GT5P. My suspicions are that its the hardware rather than the game.

Jaguar XJ13

Gear change animations are completely out of time with the actual gear changes, gear change is fairly instantanious (which IMO, is a bug in itself) but the animation lags a good few seconds behind.

not sure if it would be classed as a glitch but i've switched GT5 on this morning and the screen size has increased so much that the icons on left of the main menu page have disappeared and i'm losing info all round the edges of the screen in the race and licence menus.

i can't find anything to adjust the size like when you first installed the game, it's doing my head in, any ideas???

It's a relief to hear that other are having trouble with 2nd gear. Well its a relief in the sense that I no longer think its just me being crap but annoying that its been a problem since GT5P. My suspicions are that its the hardware rather than the game.

I have the same problem with my G25. I was fearing that the gearshifter was getting worn.

one glitch (for me) is the semislick texture. if i mount a confort tyre, the texture on the car is ok, if i mount a semislick the texture is the same as a confort one, if i mount a slick (racingtyre) is ok..
i remember the gt academy where the 370z tuned black has the right texture for semislick, so it must be fixed..
please put this in the first page, must be fixed by PD..

Is anyone having sound problems, possibly after fitting new exhaust.....Vitz Race.......

Wheel / Car Rocking......Mitsi Evo on High Speed Ring.....The car and the DFGT rock from side to side.....

So much for perfection takes time.......this should never have been released in this state.....

Sony should be offering a refund for anyone that returns......

I have the same problem with my G25. I was fearing that the gearshifter was getting worn.

I don't think its the shifter getting worn because I've had this issue from the start. I'm going to try and get hold of a PC sim and test shifting on that with the clutch.

I find its fine going up through gears but under braking when I try to downshift fast to 2nd gear it goes to neutral. I still think its partly human error on my part.

I've currently got my B-Spec driver competeing in the World Compact Car series in the Amatuer series of events.

He's going really really well, probably due to the fact that I could use any car I wanted.

He is in a M3 Coupe Chrome Line which was the car I was using in A-Spec, the competition for example includes a Tigra 1.6i, Corsa Comfort 1.4..no contest.

I'm pretty sure this is an actual bug. I'm meant to only be able to select compact small cars right?

Exactly! Thought the same. I did the race with the Chromeline M3, thought that was weird..

Bug:
Monaco F1 track, during online race tried to enter pits, get no pit stop just drive through in manual. Get back on the circuit then i get the pit options then autopilot takes over and tries to go all the way around the track to get to the pits, but fails because it can't drive properly, spins on most corners and then got stuck against a wall. I had to exit the race.

Issues of importance:
Microphones are always on when plugged in? no on or off function anywhere, i have a PSeye and i got told my Mic was noisy during online race. I didnt even know i was transmitting an audio feed to strangers online Privacy issue too then.
Similarly there is no option to turn other peoples Mic audio feeds off for online racing, i just hear them mumbling or laughing or just an forcefeedback wheel motor whining all the race long.

When i choose a room for a track i want to drive it's usually already in a race, ( would be nice if it says whether it is or not before going to room. Also when i got to the room i decided to wait over 10 minutes for it to finish so i could join in and have fun. But finally when it's ready i can't join due to the regulations in place. How bad is that it wont tell you the regulations of the room until the race is over, a complete waste of time and no reason why it shouldn't be there. As well as being readable during race the regulations should also be readable before entering the room in the lobby list.

Finally there is the issue with the background menu music or all non race/slideshow music. I have disabled all library tracks for menu music (which takes ages as you have to do each individual track manually!) except one track which i wanted all the time. This works only for some screens, there are so many other scenarios where i get other music from various music tracks that i don't have access to to disable. Annoying.

Back