race modification doesnt seem to have a purpose

• Thread starter euros only
  • 75 comments
in the gt tune shop at the very right there is an option which changes your current car into a race version it keeps telling me that i cant do it on my current car. glitch may be am i the only one with this issue ive seen it done before on a 98 civic hatchback in a video about the game but when i try to do it it wont budge

Its prolly not the 98 civic, but the 97 EK type R that you saw.

Not all cars can be Race Modded. There's a list floating around somewhere on the forum with all the cars that can be RM'd.

Edit:

Here's the list
1. Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
2. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
3. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
4. Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
5. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
6. Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
7. Lexus IS F RM '07
8. Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
9. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX  GSR RM '05
10. Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
11. Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
12. Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
13. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
14. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01
15. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69

Last edited:
Actually there are 17 RM cars on the official list:

1. Acura NSX RM '91
  2. Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
  3. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
  4. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
  5. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
  6. Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
  7. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
  8. Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
  9. Lexus IS F RM '07
  10. Lotus Elise RM '96
  11. Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
  12. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05
  13. Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
  14. Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
  15. Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
  16. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
  17. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

Guess i will buy each one of them ;)
Cheers, Mclogo

I don't know if you can buy the civic Type R but you can win it in B-spec FF!

After the race mod the weight is under 900kgs

All the race modable cars can be bought in the new car dealerships.

1. Acura NSX RM '91
  9. Lexus IS F RM '07
  10. Lotus Elise RM '96

Cheers, Mclogo
Hey, I was looking for this list! Excellent!👍

1. Acura NSX RM '91
  9. Lexus IS F RM '07
  10. Lotus Elise RM '96

Cheers, Mclogo

Why two Corvettes? That just seems unfair to another car that would be just as good a candidate for RM. :ouch:

RMing cars defenitly has a purpose. i did it to my 2010 camaro RIGHT AWAY and was smoking people on stock power levels, then once i fully tuned it, adjusted the trans, aero and everything it was unbeatable. at 700HP and RMed i used it to beat the world challenge and a whole **** load of other races.

and i just did the 69 camaro. when i first got it i modded it to like 340HP then after the race mod it was like 412HP and it handled and performed SO MUCH better.

also, RMing cars adds brake upgrades (or at least visually)

I love my RM Golf.

2077vcm.jpg

21nob5j.jpg

Pretty lame list for RM'able cars. Why the hell would you want to RM a 2010 camaro. That things a boat and ugly as sin to boot.

I hear you but its cheap as hell to buy and RM, and its fast and handles well.
About 30k Cr for the Camaro base car and RM is only 300K. Then do some tuning and Racing Tyres and you have a kick ass racing beast for about 400k Cr.

I hear you but its cheap as hell to buy and RM, and its fast and handles well.
About 30k Cr for the Camaro base car and RM is only 300K. Then do some tuning and Racing Tyres and you have a kick ass racing beast for about 400k Cr.

And for that money you could get a even more kickass RM with the Evo and Impreza :sly:

^^ they un install, you just have to re install them. i suggest modding little till you do the RM because the RM buys a LOT of the stuff automatically and you dont want to buy it twice

Pretty lame list for RM'able cars. Why the hell would you want to RM a 2010 camaro. That things a boat and ugly as sin to boot.

yes, but i liked how it looked RMed and it is a very good track car

and not gay FWD

RMed cars are better than those "supercars" anyway.

why would anyone ever want to buy a camaro in real life or in a game? LOL save your money and go buy a used vette if you like Chevy so much.

why are there not more German RM cars? Audi, Mercedes, BMW? the BMW M3 has such a Racing tradition how do you not make the new M3 a RM?

Has anyone maxed out a car with normal tuning and then RMed same model car? What's the difference power wise?

Has anyone maxed out a car with normal tuning and then RMed same model car? What's the difference power wise?

Shouldn't be one as far as I'm aware. RM forces titanium exhaust, FC suspension + gearbox and has its own flywheel/clutch (racing versions) but no power advantage that I know of. It does seem to automatically change the oil as well.

How does a RM z06 compare to a fully tuned ZR1?

It made a good bit of difference for me, Im driving with a Fanatec GT3 V2 and Clubsports, and it lets you feel every bit of difference. There is a considerable amount of handling increase, i believe it does lighten your vehicle, which improves all aspects of racing dynamics.

I strongly recommend against Race Modifying the Acura NSX '91. Huge disappointment. I guess I did it in hopes that it would be as quick as some of the 3rd party race modded NSXs that I've driven in GT4. I'm hugely disappointed.

Max HP is 414 on only normal aspiration (no option for turbo or supercharger) with all upgrades. Final weight is 1045kg. I entered the Extreme Series MR race and won, only because the off-the-line speed was great, and it's handling is superb. On straightaways though, I was being passed every time by the enzo and '67 Lambo. Okay, not passed (as I blocked them), but was getting bumped into.

I must admit, for a short course, the car is superb, as it ducks and weaves into and out of corners beautifully even though I'm a mediocre driver, but on any course with a straightaway, such as Circuit de Sarthe (with chicanes), you'll be passed by supercars (200+) and above.

Not worth the $300k, and I feel like a dolt when I could have used that money for the subaru already race modded... Oh well. Time for some B-spec griding!

Are you sure that's correct Zombie? I'm thinking maybe your engine upgrades didn't carry over to the RM, make sure you try to reinstall them. If you have already than that is sad. But it seems to me that HP # is too low especially considering that the NSX could make that with an intake and exhaust upgrade.

I strongly recommend against Race Modifying the Acura NSX '91. Huge disappointment. I guess I did it in hopes that it would be as quick as some of the 3rd party race modded NSXs that I've driven in GT4. I'm hugely disappointed.

Max HP is 414 on only normal aspiration (no option for turbo or supercharger) with all upgrades. Final weight is 1045kg. I entered the Extreme Series MR race and won, only because the off-the-line speed was great, and it's handling is superb. On straightaways though, I was being passed every time by the enzo and '67 Lambo. Okay, not passed (as I blocked them), but was getting bumped into.

I must admit, for a short course, the car is superb, as it ducks and weaves into and out of corners beautifully even though I'm a mediocre driver, but on any course with a straightaway, such as Circuit de Sarthe (with chicanes), you'll be passed by supercars (200+) and above.

Not worth the $300k, and I feel like a dolt when I could have used that money for the subaru already race modded... Oh well. Time for some B-spec griding!

Hi, as mentioned by Seth, sometimes, as happened to me, if you have already installed a few parts on your car, RMing it seems to leave the standard parts on... go back into your garage and check the tickboxes - I'm guessing you'll find all your upgrades are unticked.

It happened to me, I was like WTF, until I found out the parts were not installed - phew.

Back