race modification doesnt seem to have a purpose

• Thread starter euros only
  • 75 comments
I have a fully-tuned '69 Camaro and I love the look of it and how it sounds, feels .. I like that it is like trying to tame a beast when driving.

However, I do want to buy another '69 Camaro and RM it -- basically I want to RM most of the cars that have the option because I like it so much on my '10 Camaro SS as well. The handling, stability, cornering, it's like a completely different car.

I have a RM'd Camaro and now fully tuned to approx 550BHP and just over 1000KG - what a beast! Took me a bit of tinkering to get it to corner (it still doesn't like corners), but it sounds great and looks the business. I love the F.A.T. Goodyear tyres at the rear, but don't expect to be able to do doughnuts (unless it's my setup). Love taking her online :)

I have an RM Suzuki Cappuccino, don't even ask...

I was tempted to drop the cash on this. What is it like, fully tuned after the race mod?

I must admit, 17 cars is slightly disappointing. I think I had the wrong impression as I noticed quite a few of my cars could by RM'd; By coincidence / luck, I had somehow bought a high proportion of the RM cars. Ah well, will be fun to collect all RM cars.

The good news is, RMs would be great as DLC and with the way Premiums are modelled, hopefully a body kit, decal set and roll cage aren't 6 months worth of modelling effort.

the DC5 holds a special place in my heart so that will be getting race modded, along with the elise and probably 69 Z28...got a RM ZR1 in a trade and all I can say is nom nom nom

the DC5 holds a special place in my heart so that will be getting race modded, along with the elise and probably 69 Z28...got a RM ZR1 in a trade and all I can say is nom nom nom

Yeah I agree with you, the DC5 isn't receiving any attention that it ought to have! Its a great FF car and can out pace an s2000 with stage 2 turbo (I know because i was beaten by one, plus I have both cars). What was a great car is made even better with race modification, its significantly less hesitant on turn in and just grips and some more! I strongly recommend it for Honda or FF car enthusiasts or anyone alike.

I took the liberty to post a tune too, so peruse as you please;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143788

Thanks

I was tempted to drop the cash on this. What is it like, fully tuned after the race mod?

Mine is fully tuned also can't remember how much it cost altogether tho, it has around 133 bhp but only weights 550kg 👍, if I were you i'd spend the money on something else but its fun in the tight corners :D

RMing cars defenitly has a purpose. i did it to my 2010 camaro RIGHT AWAY and was smoking people on stock power levels, then once i fully tuned it, adjusted the trans, aero and everything it was unbeatable. at 700HP and RMed i used it to beat the world challenge and a whole **** load of other races.

and i just did the 69 camaro. when i first got it i modded it to like 340HP then after the race mod it was like 412HP and it handled and performed SO MUCH better.

also, RMing cars adds brake upgrades (or at least visually)

i love my 69 camaro rm handles awesome, bob likes it too. everyonce in awhile he rips it around a corner leaving rubber and tire smoke in the air though

I have an Lancer Evo IX and having fully tuned it to around 521bhp I then installed the RM and noticed after putting all of the mods back on it only reaches around 450bhp..

Anyone know why this is and does anyone know of a decent tune for a RM'd Evo IX as mine doesnt handle at all..

Thanks

It adds downforce, more tunable than just parts onto a stock motor, reduces weight more than if you were to do the weight reduction stages, adds regidity, and more power than you'd have got when you fully customise both. There is indeed a point.

The racing mod for the Z28 69 Camaro makes a real difference to the handling. I have won some races by a huge margin with that car (plus it looks the nuts as well). If you have a car that can take a racing mod do it the handling and acceleration characteristics improve massively

I have an Lancer Evo IX and having fully tuned it to around 521bhp I then installed the RM and noticed after putting all of the mods back on it only reaches around 450bhp..

Anyone know why this is and does anyone know of a decent tune for a RM'd Evo IX as mine doesnt handle at all..

Thanks

That happens to all (I think) cars that ar maxed out and then have the RM option applied.

ALWAYS race modify FIRST on a newly bought car or a car that has no modifications.

If you do this in reverse - max out first, then race modify, it's an issue with the game and for some reason not all the parts are transferred over, and then can't be added either. So you end up with less power.

S15 Sylvia RM'd, highly underated. Looks great, drifts great and get it diallled in it goes great to - especially places like Spa (though that might be an accidental bonus of my setup for it).

The only thing truely useful from RMing a car is front downforce. While any DF slows you down top speed wise you can take corners faster then w/o the front DF

If you do this in reverse - max out first, then race modify, it's an issue with the game and for some reason not all the parts are transferred over, and then can't be added either. So you end up with less power.
Wrong!
You can add them afterwards. At the end, the cars will have same power.

Back