news trouble
1.create a new psn account
2.start new game
3.save[maybe about 400KB]
4.open the news
5.see all news text and pics
6.save
7.only open the news but file size gonna be over 2MB

I open the museum always i log into gt5 (since november, so must be more then 14. times) and the game still runs great.

I always at the end of the day copy save to my pendrive though.

I exchange museum cards with my wife (she has got second account) and she also is not having any problems.

so... whats the bug ?

It's cache
so, If you open ONE manufacture and do not scroll down,
then increase few KB
increase amount is displayed on the screen text
anyway, each time the text is displayed
the save file is going to increase [unstoppable]
someday, your save data gonna reach 4165KB and cry

You can verify this problem easy by your new account

Is it viewing News and the Museum or is it just hitting 4165KB? Cause I'm at around 1500KB I think.

This does sound pretty bad, however, I would venture that secondary confirmation would be required before we all run to the hills with arms raised, etc.

If it can be avoided by clearing the cache, then that's a doable work-around.

My main save is about half the amount mentioned, so I'm not too concerned at this stage, but will probably clear the cache just to be safe.

A heads up is, after all said and done, a heads up...

My tuppence...

My 'BS Meter' is hitting 11, anyone else?

:lol:

I'm at 1065kb myself. I'll make sure I dont visit the museum or read the news then. :nervous:

Any chance that people might hold of on the insults until this can be proved or dissporoved? The OP, who is obviously not a native English speaker, might just have done a great service to the community.

Can anybody else confirm or deny this?

Last edited:
Any chance that people might hold of on the insults until this can be proved or dissporoved? The OP, who is abviously not a native English speaker, might just have done a great service to the community.

Here here, worth investigating 👍

Any chance that people might hold of on the insults until this can be proved or dissporoved? The OP, who is abviously not a native English speaker, might just have done a great service to the community.

Good post, agreed 👍

I have been in that museum a few times......ok a lot. I send my kids cards from there each time I do my back up routines.

Crossing fingers hoping I get no problems. Just to be sure I am will stay clear of the museum.

The opening post might not be completely according to the AUP, the problem he describes DOES exist. It's also mentioned a few times here at GTP.

To all non-believers, simply google: 0x00000015 [217]. That is the error message that comes along with this problem.

The link to the German GTRP forum Rudi Raser posted, describes the problem the most accurately, but you'll need to speak German to understand.

If you enter the museum, you'll notice the cards need to be loaded when you scroll down. Apparently some of this data becomes part of the game save, could be because of some sort of cache or whatever else. The more new cards you receive, the bigger your game save becomes when you actually watch these cards in the museum. Have to admit I'm not fully up to date, but when the game save file reaches 4165kB, your game won't be able to load anymore.

According to the OP watching the news also increases the game save file size, don't know how much that influences it, but fact is that this is a serious issue for people who actively collect museum cards...

Guess i'll be steering clear of the Museum from now on. I'm glad this issue came to my attention 👍

Guess i'll be steering clear of the Museum from now on. I'm glad this issue came to my attention 👍

Same here, I was halfway to collecting them all.:drool:

My save is up to 1965kb, so I guess it's best if I stop now. :scared:

Hopefully the next update fixes this.

Last edited:
Is there a way to safely clear the cache without damaging files?

Back