450PP Mini Challenge - A-spec

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
Event Race
450PP Mini Challenge
Period of Availability: 2013/03/27 23:00 -

8596117629_e9b53a313d.jpg

This is an expert level race event using the stylish MINI. Cars can be tuned up to 450PP, and tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less. This race gives you a “Performance Difference Bonus” where cars with lower PP receive a reward bonus. For example, winning with a 370PP car in this race will roughly double the reward.

Rome City 5 Laps
1st: Cr.261,000 2nd: Cr.161,910 3rd: Cr.117,750

Eiger Nordwand Short Course Reverse / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.285,000 2nd: Cr.156,750 3rd: Cr.114,000

Deep Forest Raceway / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.271,000 2nd: Cr.149,050 3rd: Cr.108,400

Côte d'Azur / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.294,000 2nd: Cr.161,700 3rd: Cr.117,600

Eifel (Kart) 108A / 8 Laps
Period of Availability: 2013/03/27 23:00 -
1st: Cr.310,500 2nd: Cr.170,780 3rd: Cr.124,200

Eligible Cars:
MINI COOPER S '05
MINI COOPER S '07
MINI COOPER '02
Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
MINI COOPER S '02
MINI ONE '02
MINI COOPER S '11
MINI COOPER S Countryman '11

Skid Recovery Force (SRF) is forced on
All other aids are optional

Prizes:
Level 0 ticket - first place in all events - receive only once
1st - Racing Suit every time
2nd - Color paint every time
3rd - Horn every time

Last edited:
very easy race
my ticket MX-5 89:(
I used MINI COOPER S Countryman '11 tuned by Motor City Hami
thank you very much for share

I'd be interested to hear of any outings with the proper Mini. It's normally not so competitive against the new ones.

Think I'll use my GSXR powered, RWD Mini Cooper '98 for this one (if the event's not restricted to FF), before hoping into a non-hybrid version and see what I can do with that.

I quite like driving the Minis, good handling cars IMO 👍

EDIT: Oh dear, these aren't expert at all, too many laps and not enough challenge. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Hami's Countryman Mini: Very nice handling. It has a lot of power compared to the AI cars and actually made it too easy to win. Good tune. I guess it'll be nice for the Performance Bonus. I bet it can be dropped a lot with that car.

Thanks for tuning it, Hami. :D

Won it easily with my non hacked Mini Countryman with stock gears and full hp. Got another Miata for the LV 0 ticket.

Is this a April fools joke or what???? They even say expert event. How can event be considered expert with SFR on? 450pp is way too much for a Mini making it a beast. I was in first in 2 laps on each race. This is a novice challenge with novice rewards. Not worth the time. :indiff:

Hami's Countryman Mini: Very nice handling. It has a lot of power compared to the AI cars and actually made it too easy to win. Good tune. I guess it'll be nice for the Performance Bonus. I bet it can be dropped a lot with that car.

Thanks for tuning it, Hami. :D

I think you can win with about 380-390 PP in the Countryman. I have mine down to about 405PP and still winning by at least 10 seconds(depending on circuit). It is a superb tune also. Thanks Hami! ;)👍

EDIT: Oh dear, these aren't expert at all, too many laps and not enough challenge. :grumpy:

Is this a April fools joke or what???? They even say expert event. How can event be considered expert with SFR on? 450pp is way too much for a Mini making it a beast. I was in first in 2 laps on each race. This is a novice challenge with novice rewards. Not worth the time. :indiff:

One, I wouldn't expect PD to produce seasonals which the BEST IN THE WORLD find 'challenging', because the REST OF THE WORLD would quickly stop participating.

The TT's exist for the purpose of establishing bragging rights.

There are ways for the participant to make the event more challenging for them. Why not explore that route instead of telling everyone who finds the event challenging enough that they suck?
The back-door boasting can grow tiresome.

One, I wouldn't expect PD to produce seasonals which the BEST IN THE WORLD find 'challenging', because the REST OF THE WORLD would quickly stop participating.

The TT's exist for the purpose of establishing bragging rights.

There are ways for the participant to make the event more challenging for them. Why not explore that route instead of telling everyone who finds the event challenging enough that they suck?
The back-door boasting can grow tiresome.

Agree, and if you want a challenge turn down the PP until its a struggle. With thousands/millions of players no single race can challenge everyone equally. If they make it so only 0.5% of the players can Gold then they will have a lot less followers.

There is no such thing as a challenge when the AI coast off the throttle whenever you're within a 25 meter range.

If the event is listed as expert, you should not be able to reach first place by the end of lap 3, in a car that has a lot less power and a lot more weight than the competition.

I know full well about reducing PP to make the race barely winnable; I've posted many of the lowest PP runs on this forum with setups, and some with videos. The problem with this latest seasonal is that it is a complete yawn fest. The AI is rubbish and 5 laps is too long with the AI driving like senior citizens. Even when I reduced the PP a rediculous amount and only took the lead on the last lap, I still didn't bother entering the Eifel track to finish off the series, because by then the event bored me. Racing is supposed to be fun, there's only so much fun we can inject into the game ourselves. Sex is great right? But it's not if your wife lies there like a sack of potatoes, there needs to be something to work with.

Having 5 laps is fine if you have to fight tooth and nail for your win, the AI's aggression needs to be ramped up massively, and SRF needs to be an option to have on OR off.

Racing is supposed to be fun, there's only so much fun we can inject into the game ourselves.
Sounds to me that you're done with video games and should compete IRL exclusively.

BTW, I used the 1.3 the first time out, at 450 pp, and it wasn't a walk in the park. Changed to the S model and suddenly it became a breeze.

It's a race with MINI COOPERS, for crying out loud, it's like... what did you expect?

Sounds to me that you're done with video games and should compete IRL only.

Not really, as I race with groups of like minded and similarly skilled people most nights, and never find it boring. We have intense races one after the other, often with the top 3 finishing in less than a tenth. My heart's racing quite often in these situations and I'm sure I'm reducing my life expectancy :lol:, but more often than not we're in cars in the 360-420PP range, the same as this seasonal.

PD just needs to achieve something similar with the offline aspect. I feel sorry for those that bought GT5 and don't have the ability to get online, I bet their game's life and fun levels were far lower than the rest of us.

Not really, as I race with groups of like minded and similarly skilled people most nights, and never find it boring. We have intense races one after the other, often with the top 3 finishing in less than a tenth. My heart's racing quite often in these situations and I'm sure I'm reducing my life expectancy :lol:, but more often than not we're in cars in the 360-420PP range, the same as this seasonal.

PD just needs to achieve something similar with the offline aspect. I feel sorry for those that bought GT5 and don't have the ability to get online, I bet their game's life and fun levels were far lower than the rest of us.

Yet you're the one who feels compelled to complain. Immediately after the seasonal is made available. You need to come to grips with the fact that you've 'outgrown' seasonals. PD can't BOTH meet your needs AND the needs of normal people.

You want AI to behave like human competitors. It's not going to happen.

So since the old races are being replaced, at some point ALL seasonal race events will be Forced SRF. Lovely.

I did the 1st race, then lost the will to live so I killed myself but thankfully i'm better now. :)

Edit - In all honesty, I think i'm done with seasonal races now. Used to be good fun but this rinse & repeat formula has really killed it for me.

Last edited:
Made 730k credits in six minutes on Eiger with a 429pi 05 Cooper S, and considering I just make money to buy cars and photograph them, I dont care how easy it is. Until I tried seasonals, I thought grinding events for not much money was going to ruin my long-term enjoyment of the game.

Back