450PP Mini Challenge - A-spec

And your position is that PD should create the seasonals in a way so that they are only accessible to 'the best'.

Got it.
I would argue that the point should be that if something's called "expert level" it should actually reflect that to some degree.

I would NEVER argue that PD should ONLY release expert level seasonals, however. Just that if they label them such, they shouldn't be giving you opponents in stock Minis & let you tune the crap out of your Mini.

You obviously lack the ability to read.
Don't cry because you yourself lack wisdom.

Of course a given event cannot both meet the needs of the masses as well as the elite, most specifically to your complaint about the quality of the AI, which, as I READ what your asking, is akin to griping that we don't all have replicators in our homes and we still have to go out and, you know, buy things.

I would argue that the point should be that if something's called "expert level" it should actually reflect that to some degree.

I would NEVER argue that PD should ONLY release expert level seasonals, however. Just that if they label them such, they shouldn't be giving you opponents in stock Minis & let you tune the crap out of your Mini.
I'm just saying the complainers here are just far better than they give themselves credit for. I will agree that looking at an event consisting of MINI COOPERS and expecting a challenge of the level of actual purpose built race cars completing circuits at race pace is somewhat funny on its' face.

I will take that advice and from now on consider the source *cough*incessant complainer*cough*

Lol, pretty sure he was talking to me to ignore people like you.

And your "pro" vs "expert" rant doesn't make much sense because both words mean pretty much the same thing. Now I know you'll go running out to Websters.com to prove me wrong and try to get me on technicalities here, so before you start throwing exact definitions at me, I'm only talking on general terms here. Expert or pro, in this instance, is just another general way of saying that these events are supposed to be more difficult than normal....which they are not.

Lol, pretty sure he was talking to me to ignore people like you.

And your "pro" vs "expert" rant doesn't make much sense because both words mean pretty much the same thing. Now I know you'll go running out to Websters.com to prove me wrong and try to get me on technicalities here, so before you start throwing exact definitions at me, I'm only talking on general terms here. Expert or pro, in this instance, is just another general way of saying that these events are supposed to be more difficult than normal....which they are not.

They are more difficult than normal. Oh wait, did you also forget to define a baseline for 'normal'? Did I miss that somewhere?

Oh good heavens - they don't mean the same thing. But suggesting that PD would label something in a game as "professional" is absolutely barmy anyway. :rolleyes:
This is a silly part of the argument.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that the "typical opponents" appear to have stock mini specs on their cars?:boggled:
:confused:

Does anyone remember that seasonal way back with the Fiat 500 Lounge car at Trial Mountain... that wasn't too easy given the tuning was so limited.
There was also an elise one at tsukuba.
I really enjoyed those.

Oh good heavens - they don't mean the same thing. But suggesting that PD would label something in a game as "professional" is absolutely barmy anyway. :rolleyes:

Why is nobody talking about the fact that the "typical opponents" appear to have stock mini specs on their cars?:boggled:

Does anyone remember that seasonal way back with the Fiat 500 Lounge car... that wasn't too easy given the tuning was so limited.
I already conceded that maybe "professional" wasn't the best term to use to get the point across that the subjective term "expert" isn't generally used to mean best of the best, because frankly, best of the best can be reduced down to one person.

Is that PD's ultimate goal? To create a challenge for the best person? No? So who sets that standard? What's the proper metric?

Again, I postulated that you are much better now than you were when you played those "difficult" seasonals you so fondly remember, the idea that you can't even concede THAT obvious reality is what makes these little discussions so much fun.

I agree that the seasonals have become mundane_But_ if you want something to do with GT5, what else is there but online club racing? BY the by the way WMP, my FR to MRCC has been pending for 4days. Am I not worthy? PSN "livetiludye"

They are more difficult than normal. Oh wait, did you also forget to define a baseline for 'normal'? Did I miss that somewhere?

I give up. DZ is right, some people you just can't reason with. I'm done here.

Here is the big issue.

When PD did run a real Expert 3 Race Series back then, it did take some time for alot of people to win them. You needed good lines in and out, braking and some tuning. Jamming your front bumper up the the AI's rear bumper only slowed you down from grabbing first place before the finish line.

For a new person that might just be getting into the seasonal, what is it really teaching them? I dont know how some view things, but the harder the challange the more work you have to put into it and hopefully learn something along the way.

Ran in a shuffle room last night at tsukba. It seemed like they all wanted SRF or something :confused:. At each start of the race, half the field (8 of 16cars) would miss turn 1 and pin ball each other out of the way. The rest would over cook a turn and were easy pickings. Seemed like they never ran on comfort softs and SRF off before!

The new seaonsal are not teaching us anything good. If someone wants to gold a series, Id bet they would work for it.

I give up. DZ is right, some people you just can't reason with. I'm done here.

Pattern is showing up... :ouch:

Does anyone remember that seasonal way back with the Fiat 500 Lounge car at Trial Mountain... that wasn't too easy given the tuning was so limited.
There was also an elise one at tsukuba.
I really enjoyed those

Yes, those are the ones I mentioned earlier. Now those were truely hard challenges. I too really enjoyed those. Those could truely be described as expert, pro, or whatever other generic term you want to use to describe the difficulty of the events.

I already conceded that maybe "professional" wasn't the best term to use to get the point across that the subjective term "expert" isn't generally used to mean best of the best, because frankly, best of the best can be reduced down to one person.

Is that PD's ultimate goal? To create a challenge for the best person? No? So who sets that standard? What's the proper metric?

Again, I postulated that you are much better now than you were when you played those "difficult" seasonals you so fondly remember, the idea that you can't even concede THAT obvious reality is what makes these little discussions so much fun.
Fair enough for the semantics issue. 👍

I don't know what the "standard" should be.
Though I think there's definitely some legitimacy to the idea that there should be some more option for individuals to make it harder.

Of course I'm saying all this and it's based on watching my husband detune his mini as he did this seasonal - and he expected it to be harder with Automatic than it was. (Really, the Minis are geared horribly for AT users - so that it could be won easily under 450pp using AT - is certainly odd. :odd: :boggled:)
I have not had an opportunity to do these events myself. I will report back when I do.

And you make a good point that I've probably improved since that seasonal... But I think the opponent cars were tuned to better than you were allowed in them... so that I think is the issue. (Though perhaps I should look up on the forum the threads about those seasonals and refresh my memory.)

The fact that someone won them easily using the COuntryman - which I think is rather a heavy pig... gives me pause.

I'm going to start by trying it out with the Historic Mini cooper with no tuning.
If I could win in that, that's a bad sign for "expert"... Because I'm most certainly NOT expert. :lol:

I'll report back when I try it. :) (I'm now really anxious to get my hands on this seasonal just to see. :lol:)

I agree that the seasonals have become mundane_But_ if you want something to do with GT5, what else is there but online club racing? BY the by the way WMP, my FR to MRCC has been pending for 4days. Am I not worthy? PSN "livetiludye"
No - we're racing in VCRC :confused: That's why you're still waiting! :P
Check out the scheduled events in my signature & feel free to sign up luvtadrive!!! :) :D :D

*sigh*

These seasonal threads are made to talk about the seasonal in the OP. Not to say how good you are, how disappointed you are, the meaning of words, or how it does or does not it hurt the GAME. If you have an issue with the game as a whole, or you dislike the way the seasonals are going, may I suggest you start a "PD sucks, and here is why" thread and leave the seasonal threads to those who want to talk and race them.
-thank you!

Krenkme - there's plenty of those threads. :lol: :P ;)
And again, I think there's legitimacy to discussing how easy or hard you found the mini cooper seasonal... with whatever mini cooper tuned or untuned you used... ????
I hardly think anyone could accuse me of mouthing off bragging. :lol: :rolleyes: That's a laugh!!

The fact that someone won them easily using the COuntryman - which I think is rather a heavy pig... gives me pause.

I'm going to start by trying it out with the Historic Mini cooper with no tuning.
If I could win in that, that's a bad sign for "expert"... Because I'm most certainly NOT expert. :lol:

I'll report back when I try it. :) (I'm now really anxious to get my hands on this seasonal just to see. :lol:)
:cheers:

You mean the "complaining in every seasonal thread" pattern? Yeah, I've picked up on that.

:rolleyes: Since vBulliten will not let us individuals use Global Ignore...FYI: folks are still allowed to voice out their non thrilling experience.

Double edge sword! :yuck:

watermelonpunch
Krenkme - there's plenty of those threads. :lol: :P ;)
And again, I think there's legitimacy to discussing how easy or hard you found the mini cooper seasonal... with whatever mini cooper tuned or untuned you used... ????
I hardly think anyone could accuse me of mouthing off bragging. :lol: :rolleyes: That's a laugh!!

Not taking any shots at any one person. It's just I regularly check two sub forums, and when a new one starts up it's all about how bad it is, how easy people beat it. It gets a little old every other week is all :dopey:

Yes discuss how mad people are with these seasonals, but maybe not in a thread that is made for halping and discussion?

BTW I won with the ONE very easily and had fun doing it :dopey:

Not sure if this tune will work well, but it was done for racing at Deadnutseven, the car was tuned with lap time in my mind and also on Sports Hard tire, the PP is quite low at 415, but I think experienced driver like Lewis_Hamilton_ could win with it :D

MINI COOPER S Countryman '11
Tuned on Sports Hard tires

8539550112_bec5b4ccc6_c_d.jpg

Specs

Horsepower: 219 hp at 6000 RPM
Torque: 207 ft-lb at 2000 RPM
Displacement : 1,598 cc
Drivetrain layout : FF
Power Limiter at : 99.7 %
Weight: 1310 kg
Ballast : 0
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 60/40
Distance Travelled : 0 miles-new
Performance Points: 415

GT AUTO
Paint : Lightning Yellow Pearlescent
Wheel Stock.

Tuning Parts Installed :
ECU Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Semi Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Turbo Kit
6 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
Clutch : Twin Plate
Flywheel : Semi Racing
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD

LSD
Initial Torque : 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 12
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Suspension :
Front, Rear
Ride Height: -10 5
Spring Rate: 11.2 5.6
Dampers Extension: 4 6
Dampers Compression : 2 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 1.2 2.4
Toe Angle: 0.12 -0.15

Brake Balance :
6/4 or for wheel user : 5/3 - if good at trail braking ( no ABS ), for ABS 1 : 6/4 or your own BB.

Notes :

Simply drive it !! And discover fun FF car from Mini :embarrassed: If having difficulties of winning due to low on PP, do weight reduction and/or increase power by installing medium rpm kit turbo + racing exhaust or any other bolt on power upgrades to reach 450PP.

8539550102_111b8f3bc3_c_d.jpg

*sigh*

These seasonal threads are made to talk about the seasonal in the OP. Not to say how good you are, how disappointed you are, the meaning of words, or how it does or does not it hurt the GAME. If you have an issue with the game as a whole, or you dislike the way the seasonals are going, may I suggest you start a "PD sucks, and here is why" thread and leave the seasonal threads to those who want to talk and race them.
-thank you!

If you have a problem as to whats being discussed here, then feel free to hit the report button at any time. Its not up to you to police these forums.

As for my part in this deiscussion, I was merely responding to what was already posted. If that bothers you or you think what I've posted here is irrelivant, then feel free to report any of my posts.

Anyone willing to try my Countryman tune at 415PP and see if it does make you an expert if you can win with it :sly: ? Feedback would also be very nice to have, after all it was made at Laguna Seca, a punishing track for FF car.

Anyone willing to try my Countryman tune at 415PP and see if it does make you an expert if you can win with it :sly: ? Feedback would also be very nice to have, after all it was made at Laguna Seca, a punishing track for FF car.

I'll try it out later and let you know. I'll try it on either Rome or Deep Forest.

I /\ dunno why they blocked the gift car thing, that's a pain for my and my other accounts too.
They can call the seasonal what they like for me to be honest because i like this seasonal, partly because we (my wife really) has a MINI, it's a *great* little car, so yeah they are great fun for me, even though i have only tried Rome in a MINI One with 380 pp.
I have to look at other interesting things because i have 20 mill in the bank most times, and i have like a dozen ssets of each upgrades in the "items list", engine mod stage 1,2,3, and turbo's etc. I was on level 40 for points *ages* (probably over a year) ago.
Lewis Hamilton, the AI are simply not developed enough to be anything like real people!
Damon Hill, what sort of a real MINI? a MINI or a Mini? lol
Why not try them with less power more weight and so less pp???
:lol: :) By the way, i'm going to change my usernamer to Jackie Stewart, or Jim Clark.......Ayrton Senna :lol: , only joking!!!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha 👍 , fair enough ! XD

I'll try it out later and let you know. I'll try it on either Rome or Deep Forest.

Cool, if the 6 speed close ratio is too short, you might have to use custom transmission, maybe use your own or MC Hami's or Krenkme's gear ratio posted in this thread :D I mainly interested in how the car handles ( suspension + LSD )

Cool, if the 6 speed close ratio is too short, you might have to use custom transmission, maybe use your own or MC Hami's or Krenkme's gear ratio posted in this thread :D I mainly interested in how the car handles ( suspension + LSD )

Ok, getting ready to try it now.

Not taking any shots at any one person. It's just I regularly check two sub forums, and when a new one starts up it's all about how bad it is, how easy people beat it. It gets a little old every other week is all :dopey:

Yes discuss how mad people are with these seasonals, but maybe not in a thread that is made for halping and discussion?

BTW I won with the ONE very easily and had fun doing it :dopey:

Clearly YOU need to speak up more!! To balance things out. :D 👍

GTP_CargoRat
If you have a problem as to whats being discussed here, then feel free to hit the report button at any time. Its not up to you to police these forums.

Nope. Not trying to start nothing or report. It is an open forum, and as such people like you or myself are entitled to state the way they feel. I just think the constant banging on about how disappointed people are about these seasonals could be better served in a different thread that clutter up these every other week.

As for my part in this deiscussion, I was merely responding to what was already posted. If that bothers you or you think what I've posted here is irrelivant, then feel free to report any of my posts.

Again. I'm not starting anything (for those that know me, that is the last thing I would do), but we all know the ones that dislike what PD is doing, you don't need to say it every week is all.
... and here I was trying to stay in topic of the seasonal :banghead:. That's enough of me I think :dopey:

krenkme - but that's the point!! you SHOULD speak up & say what you think about the seasonal!! No reason to allow everybody else to have a say and go away mad thinking you shouldn't! :(

Finally an event to use the classic Mini! I was a bit sad that the only 98' Mini Cooper on each track was my own. The Taffeta Terrier still managed this seasonal without much difficulty even at 400pp. Eiger and Eifel courses gave a close race but in the end those modern MINI's were no match for bright orange wheels!:D
If anyone want to try the tune head over to Clueless Tunes or just click the pic.👍

Alright Rido, here is my report. Won easily at 415 PP (passed all cars by then end of lap 2. Car handled great, no problems at all. Great tune at the PP. However, the lower the PP I went, the closed ratio trans just wasn't getting it and the LSD seemed a bit weak. Took your tune all the way down to 385 PP before I had to change to the custom trans. Bumped LSD up to 12/28/7 and got all the way down to 365 PP. I could probably go lower with the PP, but don't really feel like pushing it right now so 365 PP is it for me for now with your tune and my LSD changes. So, all in all, a very good tune you have here. Nobody should have any problems at all winning these events with your tune at the allowable PP. All this testing was done at Rome btw. The other courses should be no problem at all. Thanks for sharing your tune.

@krenkme: No problem and no hard feelings. Sorry if I came off a little gruff, just a little cranky today I guess, :lol:

Back