GT4 Photo Mode Storage Options

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 714 comments
ok,
i know there's another thread about this, but i've seen the question asked many times in the last few hours, so here's what I know works. If someone else has tried something, post it up and i will make this list larger as it goes:

Confirmed working hardware:
- Creative MuVo MP3 player
- Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive
- Sony Pocket Bit USB memory
- Sony Micro Vault
- SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive
- Media Gear 7-in-1 USB 2.0 memory card reader w/ PQI 256mb Hi-Speed Compact Flash

Unconfirmed working hardware:

Incompatible hardware:
- SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB Flash Drive
- Datel Max Drive USB Memory Device
- Sony Mouse with Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US5

Additional info:
Photos saved to Sony Memory Card is compressed down to approximately 100kb, resulting in minor artifacting when displayed on a computer monitor. Photos saved to USB storage is approximately 250-300kb.

MelloBoy

I just got a MaxDrive. The drive that came with that will work, right?

Mello, have you tried adjusting the quality settings in the options menu (regarding file sizes and artifacting)? That could be why the memory card pics have lower quality.

I use something called "Mobile disk" , works as hell!
The images are superb! I would have posted some, but I don`t know how.
The images are between 200-300kb. And nice looking :bowdown:

Sven

I sure as hell hope so, because that's what I have.. hehe. My PC recognizes it as a standard Flash drive, so hopefully GT4 will too. I hope someone can confirm it sometime.

Someone mentioned that the Sony Mini Vault works. It better work, I bought one for when the game arrives in a few days.

eddieturner2002
Can someone with an X-Port confirm that you can't save photos straight to the pc via the USB cable?

Yeah can anyone confirm a simple USB cable working?

cajoerg
Mobile disk

hay dude is this pen drive the same as yours?

mine is a mobile disk NM4

because if it is that means mine will maybe work when it get released over hear. :)

Sven

Mello, have you tried adjusting the quality settings in the options menu (regarding file sizes and artifacting)? That could be why the memory card pics have lower quality.

sony memory card shot:
JZA70_white_el-capitan.jpg

compact flash shot:
S60_blue_nurburgring-01.jpg

i'm not surprised the memory card shot is smaller/more compressed....limited space on the save card so i think it's the game just trying to save space

melloboy

sprite
hay dude is this pen drive the same as yours?

mine is a mobile disk NM4

because if it is that means mine will maybe work when it get released over hear. :)

Hey!
It`s not the same, mine is gold painted. But the logo`s the same. I think your safe 👍 It worked surprisingly well for me! I have so much fun with photo mode!
Just got myself a SLR :bowdown: woohiii! That`s nice :sly:

cheers, i just hope it works, because this thing is turning out to be an expensive deal

GT4
flash disk
DFP
DFP chair and stuff

Time off uni. :scared:

cajoerg
When I try to post a picture I am told there is a max of 100 kb..? Mine is between 200-300. What do I do?

when i post my images i use image shack the file size limit is 1000k

MelloBoy
sony memory card shot:
[snip]
compact flash shot:
[snip]

i'm not surprised the memory card shot is smaller/more compressed....limited space on the save card so i think it's the game just trying to save space

melloboy
I was just saying, isn't there a way to adjust quality settings in the options menu?

Please mods make this a Sticky Thread.
So that we get a list of storage devices that work with GT4!!

works> creative muvo mp3 player

^ Good idea.
I realy want to get a USB device now for GT4 photos and things, but like many others I'm sure, need to know what will work and what won't.

Hopefully Sony will probably release a list at some point anyway
:)

Hate to break it to anybody with a MAX drive, but the 16MB pen drive did not work for me, got baout 30% through saving and bought up an error, however, anyone who owns a creative MUVO mp3 player can rest assured that this device WILL work for savig GT4 pictures.

That's unfortunate.

But with any luck it could be a formatting problem rather than hardware. I'll try a couple different reformats of the stick when I get the game and see if it works.

Will.c
^ Good idea.
I realy want to get a USB device now for GT4 photos and things, but like many others I'm sure, need to know what will work and what won't.

Hopefully Sony will probably release a list at some point anyway
:)

Yep thats also what i was thinking.

Sony will and cannot post a list with all the hardware compatible with GT4.
They will only make a list with Epson printers and maybe other Sony devices.

SO MODS PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY THREAD! 👍

My working devices
- Sony Micro Vault 128M USM128 (USB 1.1 only, which also works with AR MAX)
- Sony Micro Vault 256M USM256U2
- Sony Micro Vault 256M USM256A

Not working device
- Sony Mouse with Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US5

Back