Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This promotion is now over, but I am happy to report it ended with great results!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have received dozens of emails and private messages this year from many of you, curious to find out what special GTPremium Christmas promotion I'll be running this year. Last year, I gave away free months of GTPremium, but this year I am excited to do something very different! From now until 11:59PM EST December 26, 2006, GTPlanet will donate half ($25) of all GTPremium Lifetime subscription fees to the Alzheimer's Association - the leading organization in Alzheimer's research and support.

Why Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's is a heartbreaking disease which affects millions of people every day. It begins with short term memory loss, and slowly progresses until even the most basic mental functions are impossible. Anyone who knows a victim of the disease knows how horrible it can be when loved ones are no longer able to recognize family members, even their own children and spouses. I have first-hand experience with Alzheimer's, after losing my own grandfather to the disease only a few short years ago. It is difficult to put into words how sad it was to watch such a kind, loving, honest and successful man lose the very basic characteristics of his personality. I have also read many posts here from others who have lost family and friends to this disease - I know this is a disease which has affected many of you in innumerable ways.

Why GTPremium Lifetime?
A GTPremium Lifetime subscription provides you with all the benefits of GTPremium for an indefinite period of time, requiring no further payments or fees. Priced at $49.99, $25 will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association, and the remaining $24.99 will be used to fund your subscription. This offer is available to everyone: even if you already have GTPremium, I encourage you to take this opportunity to upgrade. If you have a Lifetime subscription but still want to help, take advantage of our new gift subscriptions and surprise one of your friends!

How do I sign up?
It's very simple - just sign up for a GTPremium Lifetime subscription on this page as you normally would, and the payment will be divided up automatically. After the deadline, I will update this thread to show the total number of money we have raised as a community. :)

This is the first philanthropic event on GTPlanet, and I hope many of you will be able to take advantage of it this year. Regardless, I hope you will be inspired to "give back" to the world in some way this holiday season. I look forward to continue providing this site for you in 2007, and I thank you for your support of GTPlanet and the Alzheimer's Association.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This promotion is now over, but I am happy to report it ended with great results!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aww, too late for me to do this. I just renewed my subscription for another year and my mom wouldn't let me get a lifetime membership. Great idea anyways Jordan!

This is a great thing you're doing, Jordan. I'm looking for more people to give lifetime subscribtions to right now. Sorry about your grandfather.:(

Word, Jordan. My friends' (they are brothers) grandmother passed away with this ugly disease.

My grandmother passed away with this condition. It's sad to watch a woman I've admired my whole life fade away before my eyes back to the mentality of a baby. She had a long and drawn out case of alzheimer's disease. It was a year in September since her passing.

I hope any and all who can afford to support GTPlanet and the Alzheimer's Association will do so. Your donation will help find a way to better help those with this heartbreaking condition.

This is a great thing you're doing, Jordan. I'm looking for more people to give lifetime subscribtions to right now. Sorry about your grandfather.:(

hey Josh is still around.

This is a great idea, what would this place be without Jordan:scared::)

I'm sorry for your grandfather.. it's a great purpose, altough i simply don't have the money for a premium subscription.. i encourage people to do so if you have the money, it's a great purpose!

I don't have a credit card and Jordan closed his PO Box, so I can't send any money. I have contacted Jordan a while ago if there is a way but he never answered.

EDIT: I'm a premium member, how is that possible???? My hands starts to sweat when I saw this. This is the most beautiful gift I have ever got., wow, I don't have words for this. Thanks. What can I do in return?????

It's very generous to donate money to the Alzheimer's association. Many people are effected by this decease.

It's also very generous of you, daan, to give someone GTPremium 👍

That's nice of you, daan.

My stepfather's mother has this disease. She's been relatively stable until six months ago, and since then the condition has deteriorated faster than ever before. Its very heartbreaking.

My great-grandmother died with this condition, even though I can't buy premium at this time, my congrats to those who will.

From,
Chris.

Just bought a lifetime subscription, great idea Jordan. :) Glad to contribute.

I just upgraded to the Lifetime Membership. Glad to help out towards a good cause this season. 👍

He/she gets a private forum, all for him/herself, where he/she can post whatever he/she wants.

...Erm, no. He/she gets a big thank you, a free lifetime premium subscription (duh), and a @gtplanet.net email address.

Too bad Jordan already has a PS3.

Good on you Jordan. I already have lifetime membership here at GTP, but my Printing company does all the printing for The Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the national Alzheimer's Association (17 counties) and I donate several thousand dollars in printing every year (the last 15 years) to the cause and work closely with them on their annual walks and auctions. It's a great organization doing wonderful things for the families and patients of this horrible disease. Keep up the good work , I'll keep doing my part as well.

I am extremely happy to report that GTPlanet's first philanthropy event was a huge success! :D In three short days, 12 GTPremium Lifetime subscriptions were purchased, raising $300.00 for Alzheimer's research! As mentioned earlier, all donations to the Alzheimer's Association are matched dollar-for-dollar by the Nartel Family Foundation, resulting in a grand total of $600.00!!! Nearly all of these Lifetime subscriptions were given as anonymous gifts to other members in the community, so not only did the money go towards a good cause, but it also helped make many GTPlanet member's Christmas a lot brighter this year. :) Everyone involved benefited from this promotion, and it is a heartwarming testament to what an outstanding group of people we have here - you guys never cease to amaze and impress me and I can truly say I am honored to be a part of this community. :cheers:

What a success! From MSN board to raising hundreds on dollars to help fight a disease. I'm astonished.

Back