◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,838 comments
Sorry for all the confrontation folks. We usually don't let Phisher wander the Internet alone but someone forgot to check the padlock on his cage.

All joking aside. I've raced in both leagues, and I've never had anyone mention snail over in TRL since I've been there. Can't say about what goes on in private. Even when I was racing TRL, I came over here for the Sunday spec races. I saw some similarities in the way both leagues where arranged, but I never paid it any attention. Only reason I left snail was due to the starting time. I mismanaged my time, but while I was here I never had any complaints. Forums get a little whacky at times, but in the lobby or on the track, everyone is super nice. I actually didn't know anything was going on until I did a checkup to see what you guys where racing this week. Maybe now we can all let sleeping dogs lie.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form speaking on behalf of anyone from TRL. All opinions are my own views. I just race in the league and hate to see anyone waste anymore of their time. Unless y'all want to. Then go for it ;) Phisher, get back to your cage.

flesxruoyxllik
I race in S.N.A.I.L. and TLR, and I've NEVER heard any thrash talking or bad mouthing of ether series.

I haven't said much about all this, but from my observations what you say is true. I love snail, everything from the racing to the community and I hear turtle is incredibly similar. Why bad mouth a good thing? In the end we're all just a bunch of guys that like driving in intricate circles faster than the guy next (behind :sly:) to you.

I've always thought it was just like real racing. Everyone knows someone that races a different class or a different car and it's fun to give each other **** about it, but at the end of the day we're all racers.

On the note of us all being racers I would love to see a snail v turtle showdown! Maybe even an informal time attack or bracket racing. If the leagues are so similar why not use that to our advantage? You never know, we might just learn something from one another.

Hello Snails,

I would like to apologize for the immature pm of mine to zer05. Its a long story how it happend but I just want to answer some of your questions that I've been recieving.

First off, I do NOT hate your league any bit. I may have said that in the pm, but there is no intention for me to be hating your league. Some snails may say psycho stole some of your ideas of "spec racing" now snail was the first to create snail and come up with some great ideas for the league. And psycho may have borrowed some of your ideas and used it for his league, should he have asked for permission first? Well I heard he never did, so yes he may have should've.

Another question I got was why was I putting all this hate towards this league, well to be honest, I may have been told some lies or truths. Probably mostly lies which lead into the pm. But from what I told you in the pm. what I read the next day, it was something I wish I never sent, because I've never tried snail out so I can NOT judge snail now or even after. If I race with you guys for a month and say I don't like it to myself, there is still no reason for me to hate the league. I may just have to move on.

So yes, im guessing all you snails hate me, and yes, you all have a right to hate me. I used to be a die hard turtle fan and I wasnt paying attention to myself, and I should have been worrying about myself and not who has a better league. So as I'm growing up I'm more worrying about myself and protecting what I say, I still make mistakes today. I DO support both leagues, both are amazing from what it looks like.

From what zer05 has posted earlier in the thread of the letter of when snail had each of their ideas vs turtle. So yes snail did invent some of their ideas before turtle. But I'm sure psycho wanted a spec racing league as well. As I said, probably should've asked for permission first, but he may have forgot or something else.

Also, I know I'm the hot topic on your thread and I just feel completely trapped for such a stupid mistake, and from the whole pm I wish I could take back, but honestly I can NOT take back what I said back. So what I'm saying from all the crap I put on you guys, its just out there now, I can try to convince you guys I didn't mean those words. But honestly again, I did not mean a single word from that pm. Just from reading all your guys post saying like "oh, that ph1sher guy is a hypocrite!!" Or something like that just made me frusterated more, but again I already know I diserve to be called names and be insulted for what I said.

So in the end, maybe psycho forgot to ask for permission for your ideas, but I'm not completely sure. This is all new to me, I never knew about turtle vs snail, and honestly do NOT want to know anymore of it. I just want to race with you guys. And I understand if you don't want to race me if I put way to much crap on you guys, but my point is from the post of zer05 and all the dates of his posted there, maybe psycho shouldn't have copyed some of your ideas. But psycho did want a SPEC racing league of his own as well.

In conclusion of hopefully the end of the open letter to turtle racing league, I'm sorry for sending the immature pm of mine to you zer05, and not replying later, because when I read the pm to you after I sent it, I knew I didn't hate your league, snail was the first spec racing league, snail created most of the ideas. If there is any more questions of concern you have, please, please pm me and hopefully I can answer your question, it took me like 7 pm messages to zer05 to answer his question. But when I did, I felt a bit better. But not completely, because all the snails here, is probably what makes snail spec racing great for all the racers in the community of GTP.

I know I'm young, and I won't tell you guys how young I am compared to others here, but I really do hope there is some sort of peace thing between turtle and snail. I have NO THING OF hating either turtle or snail. Now I know I said I hate snail. But there is no reason for me to hate snail if I haven't even tried it out?!

If this apology letter isn't good enough for snail, then I must have made some mistakes here or I left something out that I should have added. Or if there's some words or lines that are way to far for you guys, I'm sorry I don't mean to go this far.

So why did I decide to post this on the thread of snail and get in your way? Well it needed to be done, zer05 suggested I needed to stick up for myself, and he was right. When I answered his question, I did actually feel stronger in myself that I was able to take the time to answer it.

And, some say don't blame it on ph1sher, well yeah I joined before turtle and so on. But the pm I sent was what led to it, and I do take FULL responsibility for what has happend. So I'm just trying to deal with each little thing I've been putting in my face the last couple of days by explaining how I now feel or how I did feel, and who was right and who was wrong. But for 1 thing, I was wrong, all the snails here. Even if you just joined today, you were all RIGHT TOGETHER AS A TEAM.

As JLBowler requests, I will explain what happend as well in my best honest way, before I say I, I'm not trying to destroy anyone this is just what happend from my experience. I went in the turtle divisional room and told psycho that I'm going to snail for a racing (when I was pumped for my debut) at that moment I had no idea that psycho does not like snail and had no idea of the riverly. So yes I may kind of got a lot of stuff thrown at me that night and decided to skip the snail race. Which after the comments the rage got at me and I sent the rage at you guys. The next day I met up with dragonwhisky and he basically just said thanks for joining, everyone in snail are great guys. Now we have 2 perspectives I thought 1 from psycho and 1 from Dragon. And duh I thought psycho had his own league and he probably didn't like you guys. So I went back on GTP, looked at sent items, read the pm I sent to you. And just stared at it in dissapointment and frusteration and closed the computer. Because I knew what I sent was NOT right at all. It was all wrong

Now, please don't blame this on psycho or anyone else. Its all me, I'm the one who is wrong. Psycho may have had bad experiences as well. But the action I took at zer05 was way too far and immature. So please don't blame psycho for this. I never had seen him mad other than that night I mentioned snail. He still is a good guy and I do look up to him. But I did realize something that night as well. Just to worry about myself more often. So my position towards snail and turtle is I really don't mind either leagues, both great. I still like turtle a lot, and from what it sounds, snail is also a great league and that's one of the main reasons why I signed up for snail. But I just wanted to join basically just to learn to become a faster racer and improve my racecraft as well.

Thanks JLBowler for the question concern. I hope this answers your question, if not, please pm me and we can discuss it if you have any further questions.

Thanks to all snails for reading this 👍

Sorry,
-Ph1sher

Thanks Ph1sher. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong and hold himself accountable for his mistakes. You've shown a lot of maturity and I respect you for wanting to make things right. You didn't run and hide from the situation, but you instead owned up to it and made sure it was dealt with in an honorable way. And even though you're younger than most guys on this forum, you've proven that being a man is more about how you act and handle yourself rather than how old you are. At this point, I don't see how anyone in this league could hold anything against you. You're welcome to race with us anytime you want. 👍

Last edited:

Jobyone,

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Still not as good looking as in photo travel mode.

Breaking it in as I type. Lap 38 of 90. Bob is good for something.

Wolf, what location do you have the Lotus at?

I like the photos you all take but for the OP we really need something uniform:

Something like these is what I was thinking.
Thanks for the pics guys.

Owens while I also like some uniformity I think giving the photographers a chance to have fun and use their talents will be more enjoyable for them.

Dragon Great pic. I like seeing the cars in action:tup: Can I make one suggestion though? I would not leave such a large empty space behind the car unless that is the point of interest. You want the car to lead into the picture.

To all you SNAIL photographers if you want to see your pictures used just let me know and post them on the thread.

Thanks Joby.

Mostly, all I was trying to do here is get the sign in frame with the car. I don't really do "art". If any of my shots are considered really good, rest assured, it's purely by accident. I know a little about aperture and shutter speed settings affecting depth of field and focus, everything else is just trying the settings in game to see what I like. Not really a fan of the partial color filter but figured it was a change of pace from full color.

Hmmm. Thinking about the get other SNAILS involved with the pic banner thing.
Deadline for submittals = 24hrs after the last new combo has been announced.
First come first served, if you've already got a pic in the lineup, your new submittal goes to the end of the line.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people here jazzed about that but has anyone gone over there and asked them? Their main thread only has like 90 pages right? Do they have a lot of members? Just curious if a bunch of us show up will it just be a room full of snails and one or two turtles.

ItsAllAboutWins
Sorry for all the confrontation folks. We usually don't let Phisher wander the Internet alone but someone forgot to check the padlock on his cage.

All joking aside. I've raced in both leagues, and I've never had anyone mention snail over in TRL since I've been there. Can't say about what goes on in private. Even when I was racing TRL, I came over here for the Sunday spec races. I saw some similarities in the way both leagues where arranged, but I never paid it any attention. Only reason I left snail was due to the starting time. I mismanaged my time, but while I was here I never had any complaints. Forums get a little whacky at times, but in the lobby or on the track, everyone is super nice. I actually didn't know anything was going on until I did a checkup to see what you guys where racing this week. Maybe now we can all let sleeping dogs lie.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form speaking on behalf of anyone from TRL. All opinions are my own views. I just race in the league and hate to see anyone waste anymore of their time. Unless y'all want to. Then go for it ;) Phisher, get back to your cage.

:lol:

Thought my fellow SNAIL's would appreciate this part I made today. Hand throttle for a pulling truck. Little gearhead bling bling. :)

9A1FD192-DA0B-4A61-B227-23BC2B11FD2F-10471-000005E273691CD5_zps953eb56f.jpg

JoeW
I see a lot of people here jazzed about that but has anyone gone over there and asked them? Their main thread only has like 90 pages right? Do they have a lot of members? Just curious if a bunch of us show up will it just be a room full of snails and one or two turtles.

There's roughly about 50-60 turtles not sure for exact. Its not that big of a league just its growing slowly.

Thanks everyone for forgiving me. 👍 and thanks for the tips as well, defintaly will keep that in mind.

Hi guys. After some thought I dont think I will be able to do the SNAIL races on sunday. It will just take up too much time to break in the cars you have to buy and then test and then race. I dont use B spec- I love to drive, so having a B spec break them in doesnt make sense to me. If things change I would love to race with you guys.. looks like fun.
Hey Powers that Be. GM posted this in the Performance Cap thread. I think he meant to post it here.

Each League votes for 16 drivers.

Those drivers qualify using the PURE style qualification process. 4 laps. 2 and 3 count towards time. Verified(watched) by an opposing team member. From the Qualifying times grids of 16. 8 from each Team are placed in two Div. Then race two races. Top Five from Div2 move up after first race. Bottom Five from Div 1 move down.

Total score based on finishes from each race determine overall winner!!

WRS did something like this a while back. Was a lot of fun.

Each League votes for 16 drivers.

Those drivers qualify using the PURE style qualification process. 4 laps. 2 and 3 count towards time. Verified(watched) by an opposing team member. From the Qualifying times grids of 16. 8 from each Team are placed in two Div. Then race two races. Top Five from Div2 move up after first race. Bottom Five from Div 1 move down.

Total score based on finishes from each race determine overall winner!!

WRS did something like this a while back. Was a lot of fun.

Sounds awesome. Guess we should put the challenge out to the turtles and see if they're interested.

Soooo.... since the air has been cleared, who would be up for a snail vs turtle night?

Sounds great, take the fastest of each division from each side. I think we both have 5 divisions too. I'm not close to fastest in my division on ether side so all I would get is the typed results. :( Maybe we can work out some kind of bracket so every body gets a chance.

flesxruoyxllik
Sounds great, take the fastest of each division from each side. I think we both have 5 divisions too. I'm not close to fastest in my division on ether side so all I would get is the typed results. :( Maybe we can work out some kind of bracket so every body gets a chance.

Ill talk to psycho about it soon.

Do a sign up and then see who is interested. Then sort out. Could be three or four rooms using the above mentioned format.

Could separate into Div. Then do two 45 min races. With a reverse grid. 20 min break between. No divisional promotions. All rooms score same point system.

Last edited:
Hey Powers that Be. GM posted this in the Performance Cap thread. I think he meant to post it here.

gmraces
Hi guys. After some thought I dont think I will be able to do the SNAIL races on sunday. It will just take up too much time to break in the cars you have to buy and then test and then race. I dont use B spec- I love to drive, so having a B spec break them in doesnt make sense to me. If things change I would love to race with you guys.. looks like fun.

I know, bad quoting :(

Hey gmraces,

We have a few events where breaking the cars in need only be done once or not at all. You're more than welcome to join in on those 👍

S.P.E.C. Endurance Racing - One car for a full season (5 weeks)

Performance Cap Racing - If you select Standard cars, no break in required.

Open Wheel Shoot Out - 10 potential cars, but only one car per night.

Hope you find something there that interests you!

For a full list of events, check here.

It's time for Thursday Night Thunder!!!

Room Number:
CLOSED Thank you all for coming.

Car List:
S.N.A.I.L
1: Honda Integra DC5 RM (Racing Hards)
2: Lotus Esprit V8 (Sport Mediums)
3: Amuse 380Z Superlegerra* (Sport Softs)

Bonus Cars:
4: Art Morrison '60 Corvette (Sport Softs)
5: Nissan GTR GT500- Calasonic, Xanavi, or Yellowhat (Racing Mediums)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics guys.

Owens while I also like some uniformity I think giving the photographers a chance to have fun and use their talents will be more enjoyable for them.

Dragon Great pic. I like seeing the cars in action:tup: Can I make one suggestion though? I would not leave such a large empty space behind the car unless that is the point of interest. You want the car to lead into the picture.

To all you SNAIL photographers if you want to see your pictures used just let me know and post them on the thread.

Joby,
this one is right from the track at Daytona, if you see fit and like to change it from the one on photo mode 👍

From last night's practice:

Racing hard at Daytona! What an awesome car this Lotus is 👍

Last edited:
From last night's practice:

Racing hard at Daytona! What an awesome car this Lotus is 👍

Surprising so few knew how fun this car is. I've used it quite often. I just thought everyone else did to. It reminds me of the Countach but easier to drive. :)

Back