◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
D4 stats are up. Sorry it took so long. One of those weeks and all, but will be back on the Monday night schedule next week.

While I was thumbing through the replays collecting data, I realized that I really owe GranStand_Bill a huge apology... On the first lap on race 6, I was really struggling with car control and ended up being all over you like a cheap suit in the first few corners. I am Sooo sorry... I really didn't realize at the time how much I was steering your car with mine.... I will have it together much better next week and I will clean out the lint from my belly button so I can see better!!

Oh... and FWIW, D4, round 2, race 1 fast lap:

VAG_star: 1:39.496
albtifosi: 1:39.497

Cool!

Last edited:
👍👍 Another great location would be Reno, NV... All the above goodness with much less congestion!! :sly:
👍

Flights to Reno are anything but cheap any time of year. From a personal standpoint, Reno would be awesome for me. I could drive there in a little less than four hours (Vegas is 7 to 9) depending on traffic. Vegas also has options that don't require a rental car unless you want to get way off the beaten path. Reno isn't quite the same in that respect.

Edit: I wondered why anyone would suggest Reno and I see that you're in Tahoe. I get it now.
Bowler where in CA are you?

I am really liking this idea. We had three rigs set up at a friends the other day. It was fun but disorganized and no real competition for any SNAIL. I suggest we try to do a quarterly real life event. Count me in for a Reno/NorCal event:tup:

Last edited:
I really like a lot of the ideas and locations being suggested for a real-life S.N.A.I.L. meet. Being able to pull off any of these would be epic! But since a lot of guys are advocating for what's local to them, I have to throw Austin into the mix of suggestions as well. It's centrally located (east/west wise) and it's just an all around fun city with tons of things to do. Not to mention, it's got a new little track called Circuit of the Americas and a little-known race called the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix. :sly:

GTA guys can do an Indoor karting night in TO.

@ stewards....there is only one replay to be downloaded this week - both incidents are from the same race. Please have a look.

hello,someone could tell me where to find the ''Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 ''for buy in GT5 ? need to race this sunday on Snail.
thank you very much.

I just had an idea. We might have to do multiple meets due to the difficulty of even just finding a time where everyone can make the trip. While that kinda sucks what if we had them setup like the gt academy, but at every location had a webcam looking over the whole room and another one for a video chat so we could meet our nemesi.... fellow players ;) the best we could.

Just realized all it would take is two ps3 systems at each location.

Wait a second why don't we have a few video chat rooms sometime anyways? I mean we've known each other for months, some even years, yet we haven't put a face to the name. It's like a manly phantom of the opera with less romance. Come to think of it some of you guys seem like you have a little bromance going on. Which is awesome 👍 I think.

Wait a second why don't we have a few video chat rooms sometime anyways? I mean we've known each other for months, some even years, yet we haven't put a face to the name. It's like a manly phantom of the opera with less romance. Come to think of it some of you guys seem like you have a little bromance going on. Which is awesome 👍 I think.

To that end (video chat) I've just created a Google Plus group so we can schedule hangouts for race nights and engage in video or voice chats for between races. You can always disable voice and video during the races to minimize bandwidth use. If you want access to the G+ group, PM me your e-mail address.

Please join me in congratulating the latest entrants into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

8413299930_4ab4f2bae6_m.jpg
esh
dabneyd
ExoSphere64

Thank you all for racing in S.N.A.I.L and for everything you've contributed to S.N.A.I.L. 👍

:cheers:

Please join me in congratulating the latest entrants into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.

esh
dabneyd
ExoSphere64

Thank you all for racing in S.N.A.I.L and for everything you've contributed to S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Congrats fellas!

Wish my car was ready for autox this year, I know a couple of us michigan guys do autox as well. I had planned on running with them last year, but delays delays.

So, out of curiosity if I were to organize a SNAIL meetup in the Los Angeles area who would make it out? I'm thinking sometime in the summer would be good. If enough people are interested in doing it I'll start looking into what it would take to do it and see what options are available. I'm thinking of either renting a space to setup a few rigs or renting out an indoor kart track with the space to set up rigs on a Sunday night so we could have a live SNAIL event. Please give me as much feedback on this as possible so I can see if it's worth looking into. Keep in mind I would split the costs up so everyone would pay their share of it so the more people the better.

So, out of curiosity if I were to organize a SNAIL meetup in the Los Angeles area who would make it out? I'm thinking sometime in the summer would be good. If enough people are interested in doing it I'll start looking into what it would take to do it and see what options are available. I'm thinking of either renting a space to setup a few rigs or renting out an indoor kart track with the space to set up rigs on a Sunday night so we could have a live SNAIL event. Please give me as much feedback on this as possible so I can see if it's worth looking into. Keep in mind I would split the costs up so everyone would pay their share of it so the more people the better.

Hill, i believe an event like this will take a long planning time because, seriously, my whole idea is to get the most amount of snailers in one spot, therefore, people have to make plans, save money and other personal stuff to make it happen.
As an example, i'm going to Portugal with the wife and 2 kids in the first 3 weeks of July. I have everything booked up and flights paid. Overall i'm expecting to spend over 10 grand for those 3 weeks. It would be hard for my family if a couple of weeks later i had to go to L.A. for a Snail mega party where, with everything included, i would burn another 2 or 3 grand, you know what i mean?
The summer is when people go out of town with family and friends, some of them to other countries or even other continents like me.
Closer to Christmas time might be an excellent choice.

esh
dabneyd
ExoSphere64

Yay! I was wondering if it was this week.

Again, I've created a Google Plus group for SNAIL. We can do hangouts on race night if anyone is interested. PM me your e-mail address to join.

Hill, i believe an event like this will take a long planning time because, seriously, my whole idea is to get the most amount of snailers in one spot, therefore, people have to make plans, save money and other personal stuff to make it happen.
As an example, i'm going to Portugal with the wife and 2 kids in the first 3 weeks of July. I have everything booked up and flights paid. Overall i'm expecting to spend over 10 grand for those 3 weeks. It would be hard for my family if a couple of weeks later i had to go to L.A. for a Snail mega party where, with everything included, i would burn another 2 or 3 grand, you know what i mean?
The summer is when people go out of town with family and friends, some of them to other countries or even other continents like me.
Closer to Christmas time might be an excellent choice.

Valid points. I kind of want to get feedback from everyone to see what the largest amount of SNAILs are thinking. I'm open to figuring something out in a different city if that makes the most sense. Also the idea of later in the year sounds good if that's what works for the most people.

Flights to Reno are anything but cheap any time of year. From a personal standpoint, Reno would be awesome for me. I could drive there in a little less than four hours (Vegas is 7 to 9) depending on traffic. Vegas also has options that don't require a rental car unless you want to get way off the beaten path. Reno isn't quite the same in that respect.

Edit: I wondered why anyone would suggest Reno and I see that you're in Tahoe. I get it now.

The tip for getring to Reno cheaply is to Not fly there at all when all he airlinea Re e xpensive, you fly to SAC barely 45 minutes away and a great drive over tje greatly missed Sierra Nevada! I used to work for Reno Air and lived in Reno for 15 years.

You also got Sand Mountain within an hour for those sand buggies off roading fans and the whole desert as a race track to play with!

Highway 50 known as US loneliest road: where you can safely run your car at 3ple digits without worrying of getting pullled over! Also some streches of legal 85mph freeways!

The tip for getring to Reno cheaply is to Not fly there at all when all he airlinea Re e xpensive, you fly to SAC barely 45 minutes away and a great drive over tje greatly missed Sierra Nevada! I used to work for Reno Air and lived in Reno for 15 years.

You also got Sand Mountain within an hour for those sand buggies off roading fans and the whole desert as a race track to play with!

Highway 50 known as US loneliest road: where you can safely run your car at 3ple digits without worrying of getting pullled over! Also some streches of legal 85mph freeways!

For as long as you lived in Reno, you didn't spend much time driving from there to the Sacramento airport. Good luck making that 139 mile trip in 45 minutes or anything near 45 minutes by the time you figure in driving through Sacramento and most likely having to come to a stop because of traffic.

@Jobyone, I live in the central valley in a little town called Chowchilla. It's about a 30 minute drive north of Fresno.

Latest Posts

Back