◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
BTK
Thanks Nick! I've finally got things under control, about finished with my second semester of college and ready for summer break!
Oh man, do we have another touge lover!!??! I am waiting very impatiently for the next Initial D episode! There are currently 3 of us that I know of that enjoy touge racing, though I'm sure that's more. glad to see another on board. Friends with Nick? Are you as fast? If so, I think I would like a battle. Though, it would probably be like Takumi Vs Itska. All the same, anytime you wanna take a spin, I have a great touge course. drift assassin and perhaps handlebar both get down on touge as well.
BTW, welcome to SNAIL. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Oh man, do we have another touge lover!!??! I am waiting very impatiently for the next Initial D episode! There are currently 3 of us that I know of that enjoy touge racing, though I'm sure that's more. glad to see another on board. Friends with Nick? Are you as fast? If so, I think I would like a battle. Though, it would probably be like Takumi Vs Itska. All the same, anytime you wanna take a spin, I have a great touge course. drift assassin and perhaps handlebar both get down on touge as well.
BTW, welcome to SNAIL. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I would think I could keep up with Nick, but in the end he would probably come out on top. :scared:

They said Stage 5 is on this year overseas, have to wait till' next year for the English version prolly. I love the touge stuff, but I'm into the Low PP racing, anything about 450 and I don't care for it. So if you like the low power stuff then sure we may race some time!

ExoSphere64
1 SNAIL glued to tonights live Supercross... Knows he better get some practice but...:mischievous:

I got VIP tickets to the race tonight from my work. Never been to a Supercross before but it was awesome. I'm just leaving the track now.

BTK
I would think I could keep up with Nick, but in the end he would probably come out on top. :scared:

They said Stage 5 is on this year overseas, have to wait till' next year for the English version prolly. I love the touge stuff, but I'm into the Low PP racing, anything about 450 and I don't care for it. So if you like the low power stuff then sure we may race some time!

450pp is where I normally tune my cars. Though I usually look more at hp and real life tuning. meaning I don't normally change the trans beyond stock, never full adjustable, only weight reduction 1 if at all. Things you would see in a typical street driven tuner car.

450pp is where I normally tune my cars. Though I usually look more at hp and real life tuning. meaning I don't normally change the trans beyond stock, never full adjustable, only weight reduction 1 if at all. Things you would see in a typical street driven tuner car.

If you have any extra time, would you be willing to recommend a good beginner car and a tune for drift?? The whole touge/drifting scene has always interested me but I have never really had the time to work on the research and tuning. If I can get a leg up on how to set up a car and learn the finer points, you may have another driver in the mix!

Monday Race Night in D3 Lounge

04/29/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST
img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
All cars PP must be between 362 and 490

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

Tokyo R246

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in The Performance Cap thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list.

If you have never taken part in the Performance Cap Racing you can use the following lineup of cars:

Mini MINI COOPER S '07, Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07, Honda S2000 '06, Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

They can all be found in the New Car dealership. Just give them an oil change and come see what being a Capper is all about:) or you can choose your own lineup. Simply let us know what cars you will be using in the format below.

Driver - FF Car (PP) - 4wd Car (PP) - FR Car (PP) - MR Car (PP) - Total PP

I was in Watkins glen today and I saw an NSX :drool: I tried to follow it but I got stuck behind a bus and then stuck at a red light, after 10 minutes I thought it would have been gone to far ahead so I turned around to head back to town, and then I see it again head the same way I just came it was 🤬 behind me I could have just pulled over then pull out behind it :banghead::banghead::banghead:. then spent another half hour trying to find it again and failed. so a couple hours later I'm pulling out of burger king and saw this... I can only give a link right now trying to figure out how to embed videos. http://youtu.be/Tqtysaq9YuU first half is just me following it then a crotch shot (sorry) but then I get out to go look at it.

every time i see you guys post about seeing exotic cars its drool worthy. only seen probably 4 expensive cars around my parts that werent corvettes. and 2 of them (or maybe all) are owned by the nfl player/ 3 time super bowl champ that went to our high school and is too dumb to move somewhere nice

The only drool worthy car I've seen around here is an rs200. The girl (I think) drives it every day. I couldn't freaking believe it. It looks like it rolled off the showroom yesterday and it's just it driving around.

A cool one is this chick that used to down the street drive a gold 79 Trans am and worked at Hooters. Turns out she was only a year or two older than me. Big missed opportunity there 👎

every time i see you guys post about seeing exotic cars its drool worthy. only seen probably 4 expensive cars around my parts that werent corvettes. and 2 of them (or maybe all) are owned by the nfl player/ 3 time super bowl champ that went to our high school and is too dumb to move somewhere nice

Not to many exotic cars around my way either. One guy owns an older dodge viper and I've seen a Ferrari that was getting gas while passing through. Although. Once in high school, I had a friend who's step dad was doctor. He had bought my friends mom a brand new Porsche Carrera GT when they got married in the 80's. They let him take the Porsche out when he got his license so he picked up me and my other buddy. 3 teenage boys in a Porsche. How much fun do you think we had? :D

Question, if we don't have the car/track from DLC (3rd round). Do we have to sit out the entire race, or can we race the first two rounds?

Thankuflly, I live in NYC where I get to see exotic cars all the time. Yesterday morning, I was cycling down the west side highway for my daily exercise and a McLaren MP4/12C and an Audi R8 fly by. They were clearly racing each other since they were going faster than all the other cars while switching lanes erratically. The day before that I saw a Maserati Granturismo S and a Datsun 240z. Apart from that Datsun, there are very few classic sports cars around here. You mostly only see newer stuff since the rich and famous want to show off how much money they have. Money does not buy you taste I guess.

BTK
Question, if we don't have the car/track from DLC (3rd round). Do we have to sit out the entire race, or can we race the first two rounds?

Race what you can, when you can. We are pretty flexible on participation. About the only hard line or two is spec (non tuned, only adjusting brake bias used by some, not all drivers), and driving (clean and good Racecraft/sportsmanship).

Welcome!

I see exotics often as well, I go to school by the MSU campus so there are lots for kids with rich parents driving some pretty expensive cars. R8s a few GTRs, including an orange nismo tuned. Seen a enzo, a ford gt all sorts of ferrari's and lambo's and porsche's. I used to work out in Bloomfield, which I would say is michigans beverly hills. Hell theres even a fiskar for sale at a chevy lot not to far from where I live. What generally drops my jaw is seeing something more unique. Seeing that rs200! That would be rad.things like that get my drool going. An old boss of mine (owner of homedics) has one of three of his garages in the homedics headquarters building. Talk about a line up! A real shelby cobra! A caterham and a lotus super 7, blue thunder, david hasselhoffs jeep in bay watch, a couple of old jags, a funny car, a whole slew of motorcycles, and more. This was the small if his three garages, I can only imagine whats in the others. His daily driver was a bently continental gt.

Just want to let everyone know that I won't be able to race tonight. Our internet is down, something to do with a box outside, and because it's Sunday they can't come out until tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great time tonight and I'll be back next week.

cmbeal317

Just want to let everyone know that I won't be able to race tonight. Our internet is down, something to do with a box outside, and because it's Sunday they can't come out until tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great time tonight and I'll be back next week.

cmbeal317

Thanks for letting us know, cmbeal. Take care, we got ya covered.

The GranStand Challenge points spreadsheet has been updated.

I've checked the totals but, if you feel they don't reflect the number of races you participated in, please let me know!

EDIT: I added the weekly details to the sheet as well. Should make it easier to see when you raced.

Last edited:
I see exotics often as well, I go to school by the MSU campus so there are lots for kids with rich parents driving some pretty expensive cars. R8s a few GTRs, including an orange nismo tuned. Seen a enzo, a ford gt all sorts of ferrari's and lambo's and porsche's.

MSU students must be hella more rich than lsu students. Craziest it gets over here is a few 90's Porsches which are cheap around here now, and corvettes. Everything else is a truck. Did see a bronco that said 'MERICA across the windshield and and "beef, it's what's for dinner" on the front liscense plate

Looks like I may be racing tonight as our internet is now up for the time being. It's still a few hours away so I don't know what it will be like then. Hoping for the best!

cmbeal317

Sorry folks but i can't remember who's in charge for Car/wheel colors but after realizing that there's a lot of blue cars in D3 and not a single black one, from today on i'm racing black body with chrome golden rims unless considered unsuitable. Too bad i can't stick the famous "John Player Special" on the sides :)
I think there's someone else using this scheme but on D1 tho.

Back