◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
IMPORTANT UPDATE
As I mentioned we would do one month ago, we are now implementing the second phase or our tire setting changes. Here they are:

Tire Restrictions (based on Dealership PP):

below 349 PP -> Comfort Mediums
350-399 PP ---> Comfort Softs
400-449 PP ---> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500-549 PP ---> Sports Softs
550-599 PP ---> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

The most notable difference is that a car's classification as a street, race, or tuner car will no longer affect its designated tire compound. The motivation behind this change is to make some of the high-powered street cars more approachable, while allowing lower-powered race cars to be more exciting to race (not glued to the track). 👍

Many of you veteran Snails will think these new settings seem oddly familiar. That's because they're almost identical to the tire settings we implemented almost exaclty three years ago. The only difference is that we're retaining the same general PP vs. tire compound scale that we implemented later on in August 2012. What once was old is new again. :)

Last edited:
I get a kick out of the haters of the boost racing. Penguin, it's not all about competition, sometimes, like Aero says, you just want to turn the machine on and have FUN.
A lot of people don't like it, that's fine. It's the most FUN I have all week. A lot of guys don't have the skill to drive smoothly and cleanly door to door for 4, 20 minute races. They drop out pretty quick. I find the Sunday races are fun, but I find myself driving alone or with one or two other cars a lot of the time. In the "new and improved" boost system, it allows you to catch the back of the pack..... That's it, the rest is up to you. C'mon, 16 cars within 4 seconds at the end of a 20 minute race, this happens regularly.

If you will notice, there are a lot of higher division guys racing here... Why? FUN!!! Friendly competition, no real score, just giterdone. We all respect each other on the track, we try to keep it as clean as possible, concessions are gladly made, because it give you the chance to fight your way back to the front,(if you have the talent).

All you haters......try it, you might just change your mind.

The Monday Night Miata's was created to have lots of fun, no points to gain, just having fun is all that matters.

So make myself non competitive you mean?
Your a D2 you've got better car control, better corner control, and better throttle control so you already have an advantage over say... ME so how big of a difference is it to you that your on SH and I'm on RH? especially when I'm giving you the option of racing tires!

I get a kick out of the haters of the boost racing. Penguin, it's not all about competition, sometimes, like Aero says, you just want to turn the machine on and have FUN.
A lot of people don't like it, that's fine. It's the most FUN I have all week. A lot of guys don't have the skill to drive smoothly and cleanly door to door for 4, 20 minute races. They drop out pretty quick. I find the Sunday races are fun, but I find myself driving alone or with one or two other cars a lot of the time. In the "new and improved" boost system, it allows you to catch the back of the pack..... That's it, the rest is up to you. C'mon, 16 cars within 4 seconds at the end of a 20 minute race, this happens regularly.

If you will notice, there are a lot of higher division guys racing here... Why? FUN!!! Friendly competition, no real score, just giterdone. We all respect each other on the track, we try to keep it as clean as possible, concessions are gladly made, because it give you the chance to fight your way back to the front,(if you have the talent).

All you haters......try it, you might just change your mind.

Agreed. What's more , I feel ,is that it undoubtedly IMPROVES your race craft (in most cases)As a newbie to online league racing I was very uncomfortable racing in traffic on Sunday nights, not wanting to make the wrong mistake and cause an accident. I was driving almost too cautiously. I felt much more comfortable after racing Monday Night Miata's for a few weeks. I'm hoping I could race more on Monday but other responsibilities have been a priority lately...

P
ok so it will be a dual series race i've got to find a higher class car to run there will be 8 people per class I will do a sign up sheet tomorrow and I will not be the first to pick thinking i'll pick somewhere around the middle. The other car will be chosen by the time I put up the rules post in its entirety

Disclaimer:
If I don't get at least 14 people signed up it will be miata's only

Also it's 1 hour around daytona and 1 hour around la sarthe in gt3 cars (cars will be posted by tomorrow)

Put me down for a Miata

Here's a little update what I've been up to I'll have more pictures and details in a month or so :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 9
stewardsupdate-jpg.253905

Race Date: 25 January 2015
Currently tracking 23 Incident Reports

There has been some discrepancy in replay data the stewards are dealing with. This will delay clearing prize winners. Thankfully, we are next to an off week. While this allows the stewards some leeway with getting reviews done, we have many things, which @JLBowler has already mentioned, being done this week and it is the plan to have the review issues resolved by this Friday and get the summary and prize winners determined by that night. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

I have reviewed 12 of the 23 incidents on file.

Race of Champions
January Season
January 30, 2014
9:30 pm ET

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the January SNAIL Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well. Also be sure to make 2 voting selections.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host

Division 1
1- @dgaf95integra (243) - 1 / C
2- @msgt-sd (239.1) - 2 / E
alt3- @fizzer (232)

Division 2
3- @Ricky Wilson (249.1) - 2 / C
4- @gtr3123 (223.2) - 2 / A
alt7- @Xradkins (204) - 2 / F

Division 3
5- @GTP_Vertigo (229.2) - 1 / C
6- @pakicote (227)
alt5- @serge19 (215) - 2 / E

Division 4
7- @Lessen (239) - 2 / E
8- @IceManFan_7 (222)
alt4- @chevron (220)

Division 5
9- @llNovall (252.1)
10- @WIDEeyedDRIVR (248) - 1 / F
alt2- @GTP_Nobby (245) - 1 / C - Entered

Division 6
11- @TEX36 (213.3) - 2 / F
12- @CanuckleheadII (211)
alt6- @TomMang_68 (206)

Division 7
13- @Tangled_Up (247) - 1 / E
alt1- @jnmjeeper (230) - Now included in RoC
alt9- @cmbeal317 (213.1)

Division 8
14- @JamCar0ne (266) - 1 / E
15- @syntorz (248) [At-Large]
alt8- @Hellbringer69 (247.1)

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (12) Top 2 in divisions 1-6
2- (02) Winner in divisions 7-8
3- (01) One At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection (1 combo is set)

1- RUF RGT '00 at Tokyo Route 246 (2 weeks)
--- 397 HP / PP 506 / SM tires

VOTE FOR 1 of the following

1- Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04 at Grand Valley Speedway (2 weeks) - 6
--- 274HP / PP 534 / RH tires

2- Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 at Grand Valley Speedway (2 weeks) - 7
--- 333HP / PP 513 / RH tires

VOTE FOR 1 of the following

A- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT-3 '13 (or equivalent) at Tokyo Route 246 - 1
--- 621HP / PP 617 / RH tires

B- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at North - Cape Ring
--- 476HP / PP 533 / SS tires

C- BMW M3 GTR '03 at Ascari Full Track - 4
--- 393HP / PP 505 / SM tires

D- Mini Marcos GT '70 at Silverstone Stowe Circuit
--- 78HP / PP 391 / CS tires

E- Lotus Elan S1 '62 at Autumn Ring - Reverse - 5
--- 109HP / PP 404 / CS tires

F- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95 at Tokyo Route 246 - 4
--- 278HP / PP 440 / SH tires

What to do?
1- Reply to this post to confirm or decline entry
2- Vote for 1 or 2
3- Vote A or B or C or D or E or F

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision.
Regretfully, I'm unable to attend the ROC. :(

So, How do I get back in? I just got some internet after many months......and the PS3 was updated last night....and it is winter here......

I approve of those new tire regs @zer05ive, and everyone else involved in the decision. It was frustrating when we'd have what could be really fun, low PP race cars, but they're stuck like slot cars to the track, so it just ended up being a train. I think this actually makes me decision for a combo much easier now, because one that I had in mind had way too much grip with the old tire regs. Will have to try it with the new ones :D

Your point? They're Miatas... If I wanted to drive a fast car I'd choose a corvette or viper :)
ok since we seem to have alot of higher drivers wanting sport tires I will give the group the chose how to set up the tire situation either both groups go down to sports tires or neither group goes to sports tires
Please only vote if plan on attending and put it with your name on the sign up sheet
Ie: birdy RACING post is on page 2702

I'll add you bc boyzz if your still interested

Hey @Die_Birdy_Die,

Can we just run one race... I'm super slow (as you probably know) but I'd love to do the Miatas... The La Sarthe I'm sure I will be bothering all over the place.

In fact I'll work myself up to adapt to the quick tire wear situation on that Daytona Seasonal...

Hey @Die_Birdy_Die,

Can we just run one race... I'm super slow (as you probably know) but I'd love to do the Miatas... The La Sarthe I'm sure I will be bothering all over the place.

In fact I'll work myself up to adapt to the quick tire wear situation on that Daytona Seasonal...
The seasonal is really fast tire wear or worse. and if you want to only do daytona guz i can't force you to stay. I'm not worried about getting in the way of the faster drivers on la sarthe because it's such a long course I doubt any one will get lapped on it.

Daytona how ever I think there is going to be alot of lapping do to the 2 separate classes. Unless I don't get at least 14 people then it will be miatas only

Modern race cars belong on race tires. I get the older less powerful ones back then probably didn't even have slicks but this doesn't fit with my sense of "realism". We'll see how it goes.

Back