1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Right. 2 things.

1. 2 more done, leaving Madmyke's MG to test as well as setting a lap in krenkme's Prowler.

2. madmyke's MG is off share, and I've checked the tyres on my Eclipse, which are now SMs.

Now for the calm before the storm……

Shmogt vs Rotary Junkie S2000 DUEL!

Madmyke's MG is on share in my garage.👍

Ok, I've just finished stint 2 in the top 2 fastest cars, RJ's S2000 and Shmo's S2000. The current gap is 0.055 seconds, with RJ leading with a lap of 1:25.499 and Shmogt with a lap of 1:25.554. I have to say, RJ's car is definitely the easier one, and Shmo's being the true test of one's car control. 2 more runs, then I'm done.

Edit: Stint 3 complete, and here are the results.

Rotary Junkie's S2000- 1:25.222
Shmogt's S2000- 1:25.479

Something seemed to tick on that lap in RJ's car, I somehow managed to cross the final checkpoint with a 0.140 second lead when I was at the 0.060 second mark at the previous ones. I think…I think I'm definitely more suited to RJ's car. Shmogt's car isn't bad either, I'm starting to get good at it, but it's too sensitive for me still. Odd, since it's normally the car of the guy tuning with the wheel that does this.

Final stint results:
Rotary Junkie's S2000- 1:24.891
Shmogt's S2000- 1:25.156

Last edited:
Hmm…but could you tell me what the benefit of all that rear camber is? Aside from making me laugh a bit when I first took it out for a drive. :lol:

The benefit? I have no idea, other than it felt marginally better that way.

The Amuse R1 was that way in GT4 (wouldn't know about the GT5 version, haven't seen one) as well, except more extreme... As was the original Blue Lighter, but that actually toned down the camber vs default.

As for the new test... Heh. You're .1 off my time with it now, though then again I didn't try terribly hard to get it and I'm still bad at Autumn Ring.

The benefit? I have no idea, other than it felt marginally better that way.

The Amuse R1 was that way in GT4 (wouldn't know about the GT5 version, haven't seen one) as well, except more extreme... As was the original Blue Lighter, but that actually toned down the camber vs default.

As for the new test... Heh. You're .1 off my time with it now, though then again I didn't try terribly hard to get it and I'm still bad at Autumn Ring.

Well, if you want one, I saw a relatively low mileage one just now, I could give that to you…

Yay! I'm only a bit off a time set by a wheel user who wasn't trying, while driving my ass off with my bleedin' DS3! ……… -_- :grumpy: :dopey:

Edit: It's done. Stint 4 is finished, and the winner is………………

The BLUE LIGHTER!!!

I'm sorry, shmogt, I did the best I could. Your car put up a hell of a fight as was up the Blue Lighter's arse for most of the track, and it really was down to the very last 4 corners where the Blue Lighter pulled away.

Now, before I get stabbed by shmo for failing him, can I just say, thank you to you two for building these two cars. Because I seemed to have found a small slice of heaven in GT5 running these two head to head. So thanks for that. Now…I just need two of these in my UCD for my GT5 life to be complete.

Last edited:
think you might be shortchanging Johnnypenso and his car since if memory serves and your drivers notes are correct it was the first to knock off RJ.:sly:

It's not just me that's shortchanged it's everyone else as well. I thought the idea was that each car got an equal amount of testing time under the same conditions, not pick the two you like the most and driving them for lap after lap, shaving time off your best laps. Unless you're doing it for your own comparision purposes and it's not part of the contest... :indiff:

Each car should be given the same time on the track, or at least as close as possible, to give everyone a fair shot

In my opinion, any improvements to RJ or Shmogts times beyond the original run, should be disqualified.

It's not just me that's shortchanged it's everyone else as well. I thought the idea was that each car got an equal amount of testing time under the same conditions, not pick the two you like the most and driving them for lap after lap, shaving time off your best laps. Unless you're doing it for your own comparision purposes and it's not part of the contest... :indiff:

I'm starting the second round of testing with those two getting the first runs. Of course I'm going to head back to all of your cars. :P

I'm starting the second round of testing with those two getting the first runs. Of course I'm going to head back to all of your cars. :P

Hope you have enough time. You've got 4 stints to do in each car and only one day left to do it...

Hope you have enough time. You've got 4 stints to do in each car and only one day left to do it...

4 stints = 2 lap per stint chasing a CTR = 8 laps per stint per car. And seeing as I stay up very late on Saturdays, it should be done by early (very early 1-2AM) tomorrow. :D The perfect way to spend a night in GT, testing cars :D

If not……the final resort would be to put the original lap times back and add the extra stints as a final extension to show the difference between the two S2000 '01…

Last edited:
Hey XDesperado67,
I actually use an old momo logitech wheel. Thing is beat up but still warriors on. Ive been thinking of upping the sensitivity though. I got the game the day after it came out and its the only thing I've played since.
I started off really only drifting online and beating out the seasonals. I even made it up to like 156th I think in one of the drift trials. But Im not a fan of the points system. When I first found this forum, I was looking for drifting info. I stumbled across the TOSS and LotS pages, then started looking into touge and tuner battles. So here I am. This is my first event like this. Ive got a lot to learn. And already have learned a lot. I think for me, the big thing was shifting out of drift mode and into race mode again, Ive noticed my times getting faster and faster with each car I test. My guess is that its because Im getting more and more confident in my ability. If I had more time on my hands, I would retest on all the vehicles.
Thanks for the opportunity fellas. Ive really enjoyed it. Im glad you like the reviews everyone. I try to keep short and informative, with a touch of wit. Something I'm sure will get better with practice as well. Hopefully next time around I'll have a car to put up too.

Just a heads up to everyone.:D

Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo year end blowout is now up and open to the public!👍👍

XDesperado67
Just a heads up to everyone.:D

Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun" Gran Turismo year end blowout is now up and open to the public!👍👍

You were a used car salesman in another life, weren't you? :D

Right, quick update on test 2, all S2000s are updated, Wallbanger's SSR and Praiano's SLK clocked a slower time than test 1 so their previous lap times stayed. Krenkeme's Prowler has been given a time and Indy's Z4 will be given one in a moment. 10 done, 8 left.

Last edited:
……*drumroll please*…………

IT. IS. FINISHED!!

18 cars tested twice as promised, all those with similar laps as before were the cars which did not beat their previous test time, but now all that remains is…well, two things. Actually.

1. Make my request PM
2. Pull my car off share for my own lap update. Should be but a moment. :D

……*drumroll please*…………

IT. IS. FINISHED!!

18 cars tested twice as promised, all those with similar laps as before were the cars which did not beat their previous test time, but now all that remains is…well, two things. Actually.

1. Make my request PM
2. Pull my car off share for my own lap update. Should be but a moment. :D

*****Audience Clapping, cheering and screaming*****

Well done my friend.

Glad to see you managed to get used to the car, that was my first tune for a while after playing FM4, I like to think that I took a few things from that game and used it over here. Overall i'm happy with the results all the testers came up with. Maybe if I didnt leave the tranny stock I mite of been able to make the car even better. But still happy nonetheless.

Well done to everyone!!

Great Shootout! Thank you DB for the amazing idea and the fun I had. Everyone entered some great cars and I had a blast driving all of them. Congrats to Onboy for entering the only FF, and to madmyk for entering the only MR. Way to think outside the box. And to the Germans and Americans for entering cars as well 👍. And for the great battle between all the Miatas and Hondas to see who was the best. Great job EVERYONE!!
- and thanks again to DigitalBaka for the great shoot-out!

-krenkme :dopey:

I've been waiting for a couple of people to accept my friend request. The main one being praiano, sinve he has a couple of cars in his shared cars list.

I've been waiting for a couple of people to accept my friend request. The main one being praiano, sinve he has a couple of cars in his shared cars list.

let me try to add you now, i think i'm full. Have to make place

EDIT : FR SENT

I'm not going to win any popularity contests with this post, or I suspect in my overall participation here, but I'm going to call BS on your second round of testing Onboy. According to the times now posted in the most current update, somehow you managed to improve your laptimes in all the S2000's except mine, and by as much as 1.5 seconds.

While you could throw a 2-3/10ths second blanket over just about every tester when it comes RJ and myself, probably indicating the cars are very similar in feel, driveability and potential, somehow you managed to pull a gap of 1.5 seconds. The same as with Detox's results, I don't believe this is an accurate representation of the potential of the cars involved.
Hey Johnny you might want to look at his times post again.

Shmogt's Honda S2000- 1:25.156
JohnnyPenso's Honda S2000- 1:25.202

He didn't edit his times with reviews apparently just the listing at the bottom. He took just over a second off your time and has you in third just a hair behind shmogt.

I would still be much more concerned with Detoxification's time as his incredible laps with tris's and praiano's cars skew their overall rankings. Just as an example everyone else has my SSR as faster than praiano but his result alone is enough to have praiano edging me by two tenths of a second. That's fairly significant considering the number of test drivers who have completed testing.

Last edited:
:guilty:
Hey Johnny you might want to look at his times post again.

Shmogt's Honda S2000- 1:25.156
JohnnyPenso's Honda S2000- 1:25.202

He didn't edit his times with reviews apparently just the listing at the bottom. He took just over a second off your time and has you in third just a hair behind shmogt.

My apologies then. I was basing it on Baka's last updated times...sorry Onboy...

I am still concerned about Detox's times myself. I know one can be better suited to one type of car/tune than another but Detox's results seem to be more than just that.

Last edited:
o man its like all up to rallywagon. His times are so tricky to since he did amazing in some cars and just ok in faster cars. Please do garbage laps in the cars that are beating me lol

I think i do not make any mistake. Waiting DG update the results....

I'm very happy with my Mercedes kompresor roll 12 place :).

Thanks to everybody. Good shootout.

95331082.jpg

:guilty:

My apologies then. I was basing it on Baka's last updated times...sorry Onboy...

I am still concerned about Detox's times myself. I know one can be better suited to one type of car/tune than another but Detox's results seem to be more than just that.

It's ok, mistakes like this happen. It's DB's fault, really. :P

Y U NO UPDATE TIMES QUICKER, DB?!?!?!?! :lol:

praiano63
I think i do not make any mistake. Waiting DG update the results....

I'm very happy with my Mercedes kompresor roll 12 place :).

Thanks to everybody. Good shootout.

Is this the final?

Back