1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

So in the next few hours...(when I can chech again) we will know who won the photo, time attack, and drivers choice? Loging in, in about 5 hours to find out. 👍

-'night

That's a wrap on this one! Thank you to everyone that participated! :dopey:👍

In the next chunk of time until I fall asleep at the keyboard I will be double checking all the times posted by the drivers, updating the results sheet and compiling the points for all three phases. I will have the official results posted up as soon as possible.

I will also be looking at Detoxification's results and deciding whether to keep or throw them out. He was not able to give Tris' car another run so his times are as shown. The gap in times is the concern and looks to be an ugly decision either way but one that must necessarily be made. Like it or not whatever I decide will be the final word.

On a positive note, I hope everyone had some fun on which ever side you participated. We had some bumps but I think overall things ran well and the shootouts in the future will run smoother with some of the things uncovered here. Special thanks to madmyk for his input on the results sheet.

Now everyone gear up for XDesperado's "Tons Of Fun Shootout"! :sly:

EDIT: Onboy, need you to verify your times. You have some different times in your post on top compared to your list at the bottom. Please check which are correct. Rallywagon, please select only 3 drivers choice cars. I realize it can be tough with some great tunes here but I need you make a definitive 1, 2, and 3. Also, PM me with your driver reward selection.

All times are now updated, unless Onboy comes up with anything different from what I have, and final results are pending the two items above.

At the risk of having him not want to join in on these in the future, I have decided to disqualify Detoxification's results from the final calculations. As was mentioned in the thread that one outlying time was quite a way off from what the others have posted in their results. While I will not doubt the time was run I would like confirmation of proper settings/aids to make it official. As he did not have time to do so I am taking them out of consideration. Of course, he will still receive the proper reward for putting in the time to run all the cars.

Obviously this will affect Tris' final standing but it does also have an effect on some of the lower placements as well as our top two. I'm sure everyone will have an opinion on the matter but I hope you can understand my reasoning for the exclusion even if you don't agree with it.

So again, final results are pending the two cleanup items. Hopefully those can be done quickly so I can post the final results and send out prizes.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say at this time that I agree with DB's decision re Detoxification's results, and support the hard decision he had to make here. Hope that this is the end of this particular story.

Thanks to all the drivers who spent a good deal of gaming time on this shootout. I know from experience that it can be a gruelling slog to get out all the times and comments. It is very much appreciated, and for my part enlightening. 👍

So I won the time attack by 0.050sec.

It's a victory but I guess it feels a little hollow. Let's saw that trophy in half and give half to Johnnypenso, eh? That's ridiculously tight.

Great job everyone!:cheers:

If this was a real race we would have had a photo finish by RJ and Johnnypenso with the rest of the field flashing across nearly nose to tail. Great stuff and you've got to love it.:gtpflag:

Hope DigitalBaka does another event soon as he gave us such a fun one this time.👍👍

So I won the time attack by 0.050sec.

It's a victory but I guess it feels a little hollow. Let's saw that trophy in half and give half to Johnnypenso, eh? That's ridiculously tight.

That right there is "The Spirit".

Bravo everyone, a job well done. Thanks to all the drivers and to DB for organising things... :)👍

{Cy}

Twas a good event! Although I am glad I was never expecting to win anything, I do reckon 8th isn't bad for a Mazda...well done everyone! :embarrassed:
Oh, and huge thanks to DB for hosting this too :D

Last edited:
Twas a good event! Although I am glad I was never expecting to win anything, I do reckon 8th isn't bad for a Mazda...well done everyone! :embarrassed:

Any idea where my little Mazda ended up?? Last I saw I was languishing in 11th place :(

Can't access Google Docs from work, boo to firewalls..!!

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
Any idea where my little Mazda ended up?? Last I saw I was languishing in 11th place :(

Can't access Google Docs from work, boo to firewalls..!!

{Cy}

Still in 11th place I'm afraid :scared: though with 7 cars behind you I guess it isn't too bad 👍

CyKosis1973
Cheers m'dear. About what I was expecting, might have liked the results as they stood a few days ago (8th place:sly:)...

{Cy}

Hey, that's my 8th place! :dopey: I wonder if I am still fastest out of the Roadsters? On my phone so I can't really cross-check

Hey, that's my 8th place! :dopey: I wonder if I am still fastest out of the Roadsters? On my phone so I can't really cross-check
Sorry ACSR421 looks to have edged you with a 7th overall in time.

Oh and my truck is the fastest non S2000/Miata!:D:crazy::gtpflag:

Congratulations RJ on the dramatic come from behind victory. :cheers:

I thought I had it in the bag to be honest, with a nearly 2 second combined lead heading into the final day only to have it all evaporate in the hands of one rookie drifter :odd: and Detox's DQ.

That's the way the cookie crumbles...lol. A big thanks to everyone that took the time to test drive my car. I did do much better than I expected to in such stellar company and look forward to the next event.

At first I was mainly worried about shmogt, then your car started performing better for people than his or mine, then I just barely wound up squeezing past.

Good fight, though I feel like it's really more of a tie.

I need to say congratulations to Johnny as well. Not at all bad a performance, especially as this is your first event! 2nd in your first event is quite an achievement. And to nab the driver's choice just show that you might have a touch for this whole tuning thing…;)

Anyway, ramble over.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :cheers:

Wait, this wasn't the sunday drive spectacular? Crap, thats why everyone was faster!

My car was designed to be driven on Sundays as well as on the track..!! Looks like mine makes a better Sunday drive than a track day drive, which I'm more than happy about. If people can drive the cars I churn out, I chalk it up as a WIN... :sly:

{Cy}

I still dont understand the results sheet :D

Good battle everyone, MX5 posse! Thanks to all the testers for the hard work.

Thanks DigitalBaka for hosting, a pleasure.

Damnit! so close. 100% blame on onboy for me losing obviously lol. Good job everyone this was fun. See you all in future competitions.

At first I was mainly worried about shmogt, then your car started performing better for people than his or mine, then I just barely wound up squeezing past.

Good fight, though I feel like it's really more of a tie.

It's only a tie if we're tied down to the 1/1000ths of a second. Rest assured had I won by a 1/1000th of a second I would not have declared it a tie...lol. I guess I can't sneak in under the radar anymore...lol. :mischievous:

I need to say congratulations to Johnny as well. Not at all bad a performance, especially as this is your first event! 2nd in your first event is quite an achievement. And to nab the driver's choice just show that you might have a touch for this whole tuning thing…;)

Anyway, ramble over.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :cheers:

Thanks again Onboy..and sorry again I ranted at you but of course it was all Baka's fault for not updating the time properly...lol. :D

A big thanks to you Baka for setting this up and taking your own time out to make it all work. :cheers:

Just did a little quick math using the points for each of the 3 categories for this event. Not sure how certain cars were ordered and assigned points for some of the categories but here are the results I came up with.:D

Rank Name Points
1) Rotary Junkie 300
2) Shmoght 285
3) Johnnypenso 280
4) Jackthalad 250
5) Dragonthing 220
6) ACSR421 180
7) XDesperado67 175
8) sean10mm 155
9) -raVer- 147
10)VTiRoj 145
11)tris_73 120
12)madmyk 116
13)Indy RacerFan 115
14)BigBerry 100
15)krenkme 78
16)CyKosis 75
17)Onboy123 55
18)praiano63 33

I'll get the final points compiled tonight but that it's pretty much how out shakes out.

The spread in points is a bit dramatic; perhaps someone better with starts and numbers would be able to come up with a better curve. I took the GT5 championship points and modified them for use with 18. Could definitely be better to keep things close.

I'll get the final points compiled tonight but that it's pretty much how out shakes out.

The spread in points is a bit dramatic; perhaps someone better with starts and numbers would be able to come up with a better curve. I took the GT5 championship points and modified them for use with 18. Could definitely be better to keep things close.
Use just 1-18 for points with maybe a 1 or 2 point bonus for the top car in each category.
That's how NASCAR changed its scoring this last season. Points were awarded on finish position in each race in reverse order so winner of race got 43 points plus a 3 point bonus. Believe they also gave a 1 point bonus for leading a lap. Anyways the season came down to the final race with the top two points leaders separated by like 4 points, Tony "Smoke" Stewart was 2nd in points starting the race, Carl Edwards was 1st. Stewart won the race Edwards finished second leaving them tied in points, but Smoke got the championship because he won 5 races this year and Edwards only won 1. Overall the points standings were a lot closer than under the previous system.

XDesperado67
Use just 1-18 for points with maybe a 1 or 2 point bonus for the top car in each category.
That's how NASCAR changed its scoring this last season. Points were awarded on finish position in each race in reverse order so winner of race got 43 points plus a 3 point bonus. Believe they also gave a 1 point bonus for leading a lap. Anyways the season came down to the final race with the top two points leaders separated by like 4 points, Tony "Smoke" Stewart was 2nd in points starting the race, Carl Edwards was 1st. Stewart won the race Edwards finished second leaving them tied in points, but Smoke got the championship because he won 5 races this year and Edwards only won 1. Overall the points standings were a lot closer than under the previous system.

Ya I like that point system. Especially since it would move me to second lol

Latest Posts

Back