2014 North America Discussion (US & Canada)

• Thread starter scca_ziptie
  • 1,618 comments
This is where the grid positions start to get a little "wonky." Tentatively I sit in 30th spot, with 6 drivers intentions unaccounted for - @ParkerMO125 is technically in 28th position, hydromatos22 has confirmed his intention to go but has not received an email yet, GTSC_Vacanoche has confirmed his intent to go but sits in 29th position if he gets his email it will be quite late, with me following suit and if I end up getting a grid position my email will come very late I imagine.

But I'm ready if I get the nod :bowdown:
Thanks @Neovre !
wait how am i 28th? Crazy. Ive been checking my email everyday, gonna be every hour now.

wait how am i 28th? Crazy. Ive been checking my email everyday, gonna be every hour now.
I have contacted all the drivers up to my grid position - most have confirmed their intentions, six have not. You are currently in 28th position but could be even further up the grid if some or any of the remaining six do not respond to their email in time. I hope you move further up, not just for your sake.. :lol:

so i should be expecting an email today/tomorrow? Did i officially become the 28th today? Sorry i havent been keeping up on thread

so i should be expecting an email today/tomorrow? Did i officially become the 28th today? Sorry i havent been keeping up on thread
Check the OP for the update list. Not sure when you should expect to receive an email, but certainly be on your A game.

I'd need to learn driving with one hand to work the T500's paddle shifters. Otherwise, I got used to the wheel relatively fast. Can't comment on the pedals because only my toes could reach them.

I may have to backtrack a bit about not worrying so much about the virtual part of the competition. Last year caught everyone by surprise but now more people have prepared for that portion. If you're not the fastest virtual racer, you better hope that it's back to four person races. That way, settling for second every time may work. It just depends how many virtual aces are in your group.

Are we to expect virtual races in New York? I have a Fanatec CSR, but used to have a g27, any clue how that might compare? I imagine anything would be better, though, as my wheel likes to misalign, and switch sides it's misaligned on...sometimes mid turn. I did that to me a couple times on my fastest lap, I have no clue how I didn't crash.

Are we to expect virtual races in New York? I have a Fanatec CSR, but used to have a g27, any clue how that might compare? I imagine anything would be better, though, as my wheel likes to misalign, and switch sides it's misaligned on...sometimes mid turn. I did that to me a couple times on my fastest lap, I have no clue how I didn't crash.
I'm sure there will be some virtual lapping done, more than likely it will be with the T500 RS from Thrustmaster.

I'll be cautious and say it's probable but not guaranteed. It had been all Gran Turismo racing until last year. It's possible that they'll ditch the game completely for physical challenges and mock media interviews but they could go the other direction. They could also have everyone do go-karting rather than just a few individuals. Tons of ways they could alter the formula so be prepared for anything.

We can count sprintcupchamp1 out he doesn't hold a valid drivers license lol
He's only got a permit he asked me on Facebook if a driver license is needed to attend national
Finals and I told him duh go read the rules under
Addendum under section 2

2.Semi-Finalists must have a valid, unsuspended United States driver’s license, and be in good standing in accordance with the rules and regulations of the issuing body.

He's only got a permit he asked me on Facebook if a driver license is needed to attend national
Addendum under section 2

2.Semi-Finalists must have a valid, unsuspended United States driver’s license, and be in good standing in accordance with the rules and regulations of the issuing body.

Someone without any driving experience will not make it past the nationals anyways. Its best if he waits a year and gets some seat time before trying again.

Yep Turismo-lester, GTP_T-L, Let_Canada_In, and Thanks_Eh are all names of mine.

Got you in the updated OP. Any solid info on the other two drivers from Canada? Have you and Lloyd as the first two drivers - just unsure of the accuracy of the official ranking board from GT's website. Thanks and good luck!

Got you in the updated OP. Any solid info on the other two drivers from Canada? Have you and Lloyd as the first two drivers - just unsure of the accuracy of the official ranking board from GT's website. Thanks and good luck!
LLoydzelite is not going this year.

Just want to bring our live-stream practice race to the attention of all you NA guys, which @Wardez has given a rough outline for here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...races-and-sparring.311461/page-9#post-9816269

Hopefully a lot of you can make it. 👍
I assume there's no age restrictions, right?

Addendum under section 2

Well that's a shame. I swear I thought he told me he had a license... Oh well. Maybe I'll see him next year. ;)

Im not going for Canada anymore
Why not? :(

I assume there's no age restrictions, right?

Well that's a shame. I swear I thought he told me he had a license... Oh well. Maybe I'll see him next year. ;)

Why not? :(

they say that while i dont actually have the licences to be illegal, i have experience to get them. quite upset. its like charging someone with murder for buying a gun. But it is what it is.

they say that while i dont actually have the licences to be illegal, i have experience to get them. quite upset. its like charging someone with murder for buying a gun. But it is what it is.

Wow. 👎

yea so to all those who say get experience in cars you might want to watch out, they are literally looking for a couch potato (no offence :D)

Sucks dude, hopefully you will take advantage of the newly announced FIA/GT6 events next year. Your vids on YouTube look like a lot of fun, not the kind of car I was expecting when you mentioned the F1200 - unfortunately possibly part of the ruling they came down on you for.

Back