2014 North America Discussion (US & Canada)

• Thread starter scca_ziptie
  • 1,618 comments
What does that email look like? Who is the sender? Another question. When is the international passport needed?

Sender varies, there are multiple handlers, but there will be something in the subject line regarding GT Academy. Passport will be needed if you advance from the national finals in New York. Once you get the email, I would put in for your passport with "expedited" shipping/delivery.

Yours will most likely be coming pretty late as you were a driver that was "promoted" into a grid position.

Last edited:
Sender varies, there are multiple handlers, but there will be something in the subject line regarding GT Academy. Passport will be needed if you advance from the national finals in New York. Once you get the email, I would put in for your passport with "expedited" shipping/delivery.

Yours will most likely be coming pretty late as you were a drive that was "promoted" into a grid position.
Yeah if you make it to silverstone finales in United Kingdom you'll need your passport I already ordered mine
And got the expedited one :)

Apparently SprintCupChamp1 is now out and will not be attending national finals. OP being updated. New tentative cutoff is GTSC_Vacanoche

Last edited:
Apparently SprintCupChamp1 is now out and will not be attending national finals. OP being updated. New tentative cutoff is GTSC_Vacanoche

Nice to see Vaca in. I used to race him a lot on GT5. Especially in shuffle lobbies. :)

Nice to see Vaca in. I used to race him a lot on GT5. Especially in shuffle lobbies. :)
Wish he'd give me a confirmation if he was planning on attending. Initial message was replied to and then nothing. Gonna be bummed if he is the final cutoff though only .001 faster than my time :banghead:

@scca_ziptie do you know what the list looks like for Canada now that Drew and Lloyd are out? Any news on the other drivers behind them? Just curious because I know Forgetful is ready to go if one more is unable to attend.

Thanks for keeping up on this stuff!

The other two, putput44 and Nic-KL, are not members here. I have a message into putput44 on the PSN forums, not expecting him to get back to me since he hasn't been active there for a couple years and I don't believe he posted anything since he joined. We'll see

Yup I'm sure he's in my race league he lives in the
EXCLUDED QUEBEC

I think every Canadian that plans on attending national in NYC will need
To already have there passport!!! Or I may be wrong

Last edited:
Yup I'm sure he's in my race league he lives in the
EXCLUDED QUEBEC

I think every Canadian that plans on attending national in NYC will need
To already have there passport!!! Cause by now it would be to late to try ordering it
Now this late in the game!!

I'm good to go. Got mine last December. Thank you for confirming. I do feel for your friend.

If i get an email im gonna go. sorry, was racing when i got the message and forgot to reply.
Good to see you on "the" GT forum no Vaca. I've already got you listed with your intentions from our PSN messages but glad you are here now. Good luck in New York and congratulations, I hope I get to join you - was .001 behind your time in the final round of the Academy!! :banghead:

Back