2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great facial expression, Mr Power. ;)
image.jpg

I hope those ugly a** side pods are trimmed down and look like that new Indylights car. The car has such potential.

Anybody heard anything on Cosworth?

I just remembered a great interview with JPM from this past April.
Incidentally he answered one of my questions at 4:35 : )

That is awesome news, its about time he had a great ride.

With Pagenaud having moved to Penske, that left his previously raced #77 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports car vacant.

Until today.

7028426897_294756553c_z.jpg

So far, I'm seeing a lot of F1 elements in the sculpting behind the Air intake as well as the Front wing elements (Mainly the sideplanes), althought it also appears to be barrowing abit from the LMP2 cars as well (the wavey endplates for instance). The Rear Wing even seems to be using a similar shape to the current F1 cars.

Not to mention a triple element rear wing, which is unique in this day and age.

And I should mention that there are rumours that HPD/Honda are going without the airbox up top (rollhoop obviously) and just going with the larger side air intakes. These cars are going to be sick. :drool:

Not to mention a triple element rear wing, which is unique in this day and age.

And I should mention that there are rumours that HPD/Honda are going without the airbox up top (rollhoop obviously) and just going with the larger side air intakes. These cars are going to be sick. :drool:

Now that I've actually looked, I see that. I also spot triple element Front wings, also abit bold.

Expect the cars to look nothing like this by 2015, the Airbox on both manufactures will likely go as it's not a requirement under the rules and considering that only adds more drag I can't see how it will stay, I hope the Rear wing End plates decrease in size they look comical at present.

Pretty sure we're well aware that this isn't final (even the article says so), We're just commenting on it in its current state.

As for the intake, I can only wonder what sort of treatment will be given to provide air to the engine. Perhaps the airboxes will be replaced with rollhoops and they'll go back to champ car aero?

Pretty sure we're well aware that this isn't final (even the article says so), We're just commenting on it in its current state.

As for the intake, I can only wonder what sort of treatment will be given to provide air to the engine. Perhaps the airboxes will be replaced with rollhoops and they'll go back to champ car aero?
Yeah I would expect so, only with much more aggressive front and rear wings and Side pods, cars might start to Rival F1 in Downforce since the Wings have much less regulation, just depends on what the DW12 Chassis can Handle to depend on how much faster the laptimes will be from present.

1488961_746395545393785_145333762_n.jpg

Confirmed Full Time Drivers & Teams so far

AJ Foyt Racing
Honda

#14 Takuma Sato
#41 Jack Hawksworth

Andretti Autosport
Honda

#25 Marco Andretti
#28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#34 Carlos Munoz

CFH Racing
Chevrolet
#20 Ed Carpenter
#67 Josef Newgarden

Chip Ganassi Racing
Chevrolet

#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Tony Kanaan
#83 Charlie Kimball

KVSH Racing
Chevrolet

#11 Sebastian Bourdais

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
Honda

#15 Graham Rahal

Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
Honda

#7 Mikhail Aleshin
#77 James Hinchcliffe

Team Penske
Chevrolet

#1 Will Power
#2 Juan Pablo Montoya
#3 Helio Castroneves
#22 Simon Pagenaud

Schedule: TBA October 30th, 2014

Last edited:
I'll keep the list as full time entries only and add a part time list when more information is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back