2023-24 Formula 1 Off-season thread

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 585 comments
Red Bull: There's no issue. ...But she's suspended.

It's extremely suspect. A lack of clarification and explanation, whether it can reasonably or legally be made or not, is hurting them and only Streisanding the whole thing. This woman has been suspended so...

She's making the whole thing up?
It is true but she's violated an NDA?
It is true but Red Bull value Horner over her?

Red Bull's initial statement did nothing to placate anyone nor cool down interest in the case. This is going to get very ugly.

Certainly one of the decisions of all time
Absolutely ridiculous decision from Red Bull. Apparently she's talking to lawyers in London to fight them, apparently with the support of the Austrian side of the company.

Only thing I can think is she's the leak and that's why they've done it.. But I have a feeling we're about to see some very serious internal conflict at Red Bull play out very publicly.

Certainly one of the decisions of all time

Probably because her texts got leaked immediately after redbull cleared Horner. It’s a shame retaliation and possibly losing your job is the risk of speaking out at Redbull.

This should go to a real court instead of a sham investigation.

Last edited:
This should go to a real court instead of a sham investigation.
If the accuser wanted that, they could have done that from the outset, in a UK civil court with a case against Horner - instead, they elected trial by media, and attempted to cause significant disruption to the team by releasing the info one hour before sessions on a race weekend.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why do people even spend any energy on Jos... Dude never achieved anything in racing, and was found guilty of assaulting his then-wife in 2009. And now he's talking as if he's holding the strings at RBR.
I mean, you're right about Jos.

But, he does seem to hold the strings to Max & that's the most important person in RBR right now.
Max said he had spent the days between the two races with his father and said Jos and their manager Raymond Vermeulen would always be with him as long as he was in F1.

"I don't see myself in F1 without them by my side." Verstappen said.

I wonder at what point is F1 going to feel oversaturated

Growing up there was only 16 races a year, each one felt special, rare

Now there's 24 races. This year's speed order is almost identical to last year's.

It might be okay. I remember when the NFL added Thursday games and people said it was going to be oversaturated but it hasn't really happened.

We'll see

I wonder at what point is F1 going to feel oversaturated

Growing up there was only 16 races a year, each one felt special, rare

Now there's 24 races. This year's speed order is almost identical to last year's.

It might be okay. I remember when the NFL added Thursday games and people said it was going to be oversaturated but it hasn't really happened.

We'll see
Travel and logistics costs are going to end up being the main limiting factor for the schedule. Every new race they add will greatly compound the teams' already huge expenses for transporting cars, crews and literal entire data centers of technology from one country to another on a weekly basis, and that's not an area where you can really cut back on cost without severely compromising on quality and safety. Eventually it'll get to the point where that's just not sustainable for anyone, both in the financial and physical sense.

Oh I'm betting on it. We are far from done.
Called it.

Now gather round, folks. Extra butter aplenty for everyone.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
Max has already seemed to allude that if Marko leaves, he very well could too.

Max wants Marko there.

“Max Verstappen crystal clear: I cannot continue without Helmut Marko… Unworkable situation if Helmut leaves.”

Last edited:
Red Bull wants to keep Horner or keep their driver?
Depends on who you're talking about considering its the GmbH (Austrian Side) versus the thai investors.

Should probably get rid of Horner, Marko, Jos. But this doesn't seem possible without loosing Max and Newey too. On the other hand how long will Newey stay with 66 years? And yes Max would be hard to loose but probably many other drivers will win WDC in this car too for a fraction of the costs of Max and without beeing such a bad marketing person for Red Bull and F1 :boggled:

How bereft of hope do we have for the season when this type of salacious stuff is the most interesting talk in the paddock?

Pass the popcorn.

Last edited:
How bereft of hope do we have for the season when this type of salacious stuff is the most interesting talk in the paddock?

Pass the popcorn.
Here, take mine. I can't have any popcorn for awhile.

All the teams are flying around RBR like vultures, they will definitely try and poach some team members.

Who is it that's suspending Marko?

Last year, when he said one of his very racist things (I forget which one), RB Racing failed to condemn it and both a spokesperson and Horner said he wasn't a part of RB Racing but an adviser to RB and not employed by either entity (he is, in fact, an hotelier). This was, of course, not true then either as Horner and Marko are the only directors of Red Bull Racing. Guess he just forgot.

Now a RB Racing spokesperson is repeating the same line that Marko is not part of RB Racing, even though he is, and denying knowledge of the suspension, and he's not employed by RB... so who is suspending him?

Red Bull wants to keep Horner or keep their driver?
Easy solution is Horner since you keep your winning driver, talent scout & car designer (in plain terms).

Bad problem is the Thais love Horner (hence why they did not suspend him during the investigation) & they own controlling stake. The main investor was with Horner after Bahrain, iirc.
Toto Wolff is totally loving all of this.
He’s already inviting Helmut to be their new Lauda. He definitely is loving this.

Last edited:
Who is it that's suspending Marko?

Last year, when he said one of his very racist things (I forget which one), RB Racing failed to condemn it and both a spokesperson and Horner said he wasn't a part of RB Racing but an adviser to RB and not employed by either entity (he is, in fact, an hotelier). This was, of course, not true then either as Horner and Marko are the only directors of Red Bull Racing. Guess he just forgot.

Now a RB Racing spokesperson is repeating the same line that Marko is not part of RB Racing, even though he is, and denying knowledge of the suspension, and he's not employed by RB... so who is suspending him?
Red Bull GmbH CEO Oliver Mintzlaff is there this weekend and as far as I know Marko is employed by Red Bull GmbH.

Ferrari slamming their collective heads on the work benches when they realise Verstappen becomes available soon.
I think Lewis has a much better chance of adapting to Ferrari's car than Max does. But then again I don't think Max is going to have an easy time with any car that hasn't had several years to be built specifically around his driving style.

I think Lewis has a much better chance of adapting to Ferrari's car than Max does. But then again I don't think Max is going to have an easy time with any car that hasn't had several years to be built specifically around his driving style.
I think that they're definitely on equal levels when it comes to adapting to a car as that is usually the sign of a champion. But Max has a lot more years left at peak level where Lewis is already getting old.

Last edited:
Back