2023/24 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 381 comments
Really it's any two from Plymouth (who've collapsed) and down...
And then beat Leicester - right after Millwall did the same. Leicester really have gone on a bad run:

1713010063585.png

If 48 is safe, as I suspect, Plymouth are now there. QPR, Blackburn, and Millwall just need a point from their next four (three for Blackburn, who lost 5-0 at Bristol City last time out) and could be pretty much there now. Stoke could still tank it but probably just need two points from four.

Probably two from three now though. We play Stoke today, and it's pretty much a case of if we win we can survive but if we don't we almost certainly won't - with Blackburn, West Brom, and Sunderland left (I can see two points, four is a stretch [but Blackburn have the league's top scorer], but not more). Birmingham face play-off chasing Coventry, Huddersfield are away at Bristol.

Edit: Aaaaand Blackburn beat Leeds :ouch:

Last edited:

Luton Town carry on as the most entertaining in the league. Useless Hashioka saves face with a cracking goal right off the bat, but they still had plenty of opportunities to try to claw back. When other teams would give up, they keep attacking and making it a match worth watching. They HAVE to stay up.

Man Utd got a point from a game they should have lost 5-1 by half time. It was the worst I've ever seen them play. I am not looking forward to the FA cup semi....

Man Utd got a point from a game they should have lost 5-1 by half time. It was the worst I've ever seen them play. I am not looking forward to the FA cup semi....
At least they got a point. Liverpool lost AT HOME to Crystal Palace 1-0. Title hopes OVER!!!!

Pretty big day for the title race, both Liverpool and Arsenal LOST at home.

Liverpool were beaten 1-0 by Crystal Palace and Arsenal were beaten 2-0 by Aston Villa, Man City beat Luton 5-1 yesterday so the top now looks like this:

1. Man City 32 73pts +44GD
2. Arsenal 32 71pts +49GD
3. Liverpool 32 71pts +41GD

Man City do have the better run in of the three so its in their hands.

Elsewhere Bayer Leverkusen have won the Bundesliga for the first time in their history, currently unbeaten in all competitions this season, what an amazing job Xabi Alonso has done.

Liverpool were beaten 1-0 by Crystal Palace and Arsenal were beaten 2-0 by Aston Villa, Man City beat Luton 5-1 yesterday so the top now looks like this:

Elsewhere Bayer Leverkusen have won the Bundesliga for the first time in their history, currently unbeaten in all competitions this season, what an amazing job Xabi Alonso has done.
Going to be a very interesting run in, surprised Liverpool lost, Arsenal however had a tougher game in Aston Villa who have something to fight for.

Bayer Leverkusen need to thank Harry Kane I think, man repels trophies.*

*in all seriousness, it's really unlucky for Kane, he's been outstanding for Bayern and is cementing himself as a truly world class striker, if there were any doubts whilst at Spurs.

I watched the second half between Liverpool and Crystal Palace where Liverpool created so many chances but Palace's defense held firm till the final whistle. Man City is almost certain to win the title now.

Cole Palmer is special. Remember, this dude is on Chelsea

Last edited:
Brilliant from Cole Palmer last night, four goals including a perfect hat-trick of left foot right foot header. It was a big decision for him to leave Man City but its paying off big time and £42 million for him is looking like a steal, I think he is a definite to win young player of year and one of the contenders for player of the year.

Brilliant from Cole Palmer last night, four goals including a perfect hat-trick of left foot right foot header. It was a big decision for him to leave Man City but its paying off big time and £42 million for him is looking like a steal, I think he is a definite to win young player of year and one of the contenders for player of the year.
The squabbling about who was going to take the penalty was funny. I figured the manager always says beforehand who is taking the penalties.

Nicolas Jackson has no self awareness as a total bust. :lol: That's little league stuff.

How about that Dortmund v Atletico game? Awesome.

The FA and Premier League have decided that there will be no FA Cup replays from the first round from next season, and that all rounds from the third round will be exclusive meaning that no PL games will take place on those weekends.

Very controversial decision and one that has become a hot topic today, replays were an important revenue stream for the Football League clubs especially if they were facing a bigger club and if the game was on TV. The EFL have put out a statement saying they were frustrated and disappointed, also the next years cup final will take place the week before the PL season finishes and not after.

Also also the winter break has been scrapped with the PL voting for a longer summer break between season instead.

Pretty big weekend incoming, its the FA Cup semi finals between Man City and Chelsea tomorrow with Coventry v Man United on Sunday.

Premier League games are still taking place with the main focus being on the bottom of the table, Sheffield United v Burnley, Luton v Brentford and Everton v Forest are all massive games. Both Arsenal and Liverpool have away games against Wolves and Fulham whilst City play in the cup.

This game... :eek:

Only Man U could blow a game like that. Feel terrible for Coventry, they had an awesome run.

Keeper's had an absolute 'mare. The first goal is embarrassing enough, but our third will replay in his mind every night for eternity - especially if they go down with it.

So much opportunity to use his hands to rectify the initial mistake and yet...

Also the Sky video thumbnail-maker needs to learn where the "s" in "Wednesday" goes. His colleague in editing knows.

Yesterday was probably the most embarrassing win I have ever seen. 3-0 up and playing well then Ten Hag takes Mainoo and Garnacho off for Eriksen and Antony and it all falls apart, great comeback from Coventry but we should have won that in regular time and not on penalties.

Ten Hag definitely needs to go this summer and we have been linked with Tuchel in the last few days, I wouldn't mind him or Potter coming in, this summer is going to be huge for the club.

A couple of big wins tonight, firstly Arsenal battered Chelsea 5-0 with two goals apiece from Ben White and Kai Havertz, it means they are three points clear at the top of the PL but Liverpool and City are playing in the coming days, Liverpool away to Everton in the Merseyside Derby tomorrow night with City also away to Brighton on Thursday.

Secondly Leicester took a big step towards a return to the PL after also beating Southampton 5-0, they are now four points clear of second place Leeds and five points clear of third place Ipswich.

Last edited:
Back