2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
The biggest, most insane thing, however, is the 4th down calls. WHY GO FOR IT? Tie the game! It could have been an OT thriller with those 3 points on the board. I just don't understand these coaches that think they're cute against teams playing championship football. MCDC let his guys down with that decision.
Our kicker is ass, and the probability of him missing it was likely higher than making it. It's been a huge problem for the Lions all season and will be next season if they don't do something. We need reliable CBs too. CJGJ needs to be gone, dude is such a distraction and not even that good. Sutton can learn to speak Canadian for all I care. Those two dudes were the biggest reason why our defense struggled on long balls.
Campbell's presser was so depressing because you know they're going to STINK for a hot minute when Ben Johnson leaves. Just like the Eagles losing Shane Steichen.
While depressing, he did speak the truth. This might've been their one shot, but I don't think it is. The expectation this year was to win the North and make the playoffs, which they did. No one expected the Lions to go on a deep run, and many people thought they'd be one and done in the playoffs. They're still technically in a rebuild too since they said 5 years and it's only been 3.

Lions losing Ben Johnson has a lot of people concerned, but he's really inconsistent. When he's hot, he's hot, but when he's not, he's really not. It even happens in the same game where he comes out swinging and the forgets how to do anything in the third quarter then tries to turn it back on in the fourth. It's likely Tanner Engstrand will replace him if he's not poached by the Pats and he was the TE coach and is currently the passing coordinator. He'll be good, especially given that LaPorta is one of the top TEs in the league. He could turn Goff/LaPorta into a duo like Brady/Gronk or Mahomes/Kelce with some work.

While it sucks the Lions lost, it's still the best season of Lions football in my lifetime and I see a future for them. Plus the Super Bowl logo next year is bright blue and orange, meaning it's going to be the Lions v. Bengals for the Cat Bowl in Miami.

I think the offense fumbling the ball into the end zone and it turns into a touch back for the defense is the dumbest rule. It happened twice in this years playoffs and I think it needs to change. While don't think it should be a TD I don't you should turn the ball over. Maybe put the ball back at like the 5 or 10 yd line.

Lions losing Ben Johnson has a lot of people concerned, but he's really inconsistent. When he's hot, he's hot, but when he's not, he's really not.
Like yesterday? :lol: I still think the Lions will be a juggernaut team with 2 more good drafts. If they hit on guys this offseason the way they struck gold at the last draft, they'll be contenders for sure. Goff also needs to learn how to throw a spiral under pressure. I mean, god damn some of his footballs looked like a pinata flying through the air.

mexican-pinata-on-canvas-print.jpg

kjb
I think the offense fumbling the ball into the end zone and it turns into a touch back for the defense is the dumbest rule. It happened twice in this years playoffs and I think it needs to change. While don't think it should be a TD I don't you should turn the ball over. Maybe put the ball back at like the 5 or 10 yd line.
No. If they do this, then guys will just bowl the ball through the back of the endzone to stop the clock instead of getting tackled. It also completely ruins the incentive of a forced fumble. If a defense is able to force a fumble, that play should always result in a win/advantage for the defense. Taking away the touchback reward for the defense while leaving in the touchdown reward for the offense is grossly unfair and upsets the balance of the game.

Wow, Slowik and Ben Johnson are staying put. The Commanders and Seahawks gigs must be really bad. Nobody is going to want to stick his neck out in Washington without a franchise QB or the resources to draft one. I wonder if the Seahawks just have Pete Carroll come back anyway haha

They do, but I'm not convinced of this QB class. Penix and Daniels will probably be OK, but I think Caleb Williams will be a bust. Drake Maye, I dunno either. It's either gotta be a bad situation or they're going after someone from KC or SF. But who? Spags?

I don't like the NFL IPP. I like the idea of it, but it's shortsighted. They should be grooming people to play college ball, not jumping straight into the NFL. That's like teaching people to swim so that they can take a dip in the middle of the Bering Sea.

Lawrence Okoye was the most athletic person I've ever seen. He never stuck on a roster (maybe he's a moron, though. I mean, he parked in Bruce Arians's reserved spot and that was the dagger for his career :lol: ). The worst lineup in the NFL would literally dominate any team, the best of any other level. It's not the same as "just football" for anyone to come into it at age 23+.

DeMeco Ryans- NOT AP Coach of the Year? Apparently not. Kevin Stefanski of the Cleveland Browns won the honor this season. If you think I'm upset over this snub for DeMeco Ryans, wait until you see what people on X/Twitter said in response to this. Most of what people said in DeMeco Ryans' defense is pure facts. So somehow, taking a team from 3-13-1 to 10-7, winning with a rookie QB, winning the team's division championship, and winning a playoff game (beating Cleveland)... is not good enough to be Coach of the Year in the NFL? Terrible. Pathetic voting. Kevin Stefanski actually had one more 1st Place vote. The voting was otherwise dead even.

The Houston Texans finally have their first Pro Football Hall of Famer. WR Andre Johnson became the first Houston Texans player to make it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was a threat on offense and had no problems finding the end zone. And at one point, he put his MMA training to good use beating one of the Tennessee Titans in a fight during a game! :D Anyhow... he joins the latest Hall of Fame induction class along with the likes of Devin Hester among others.

DeMeco Ryans- NOT AP Coach of the Year? Apparently not. Kevin Stefanski of the Cleveland Browns won the honor this season. If you think I'm upset over this snub for DeMeco Ryans, wait until you see what people on X/Twitter said in response to this. Most of what people said in DeMeco Ryans' defense is pure facts. So somehow, taking a team from 3-13-1 to 10-7, winning with a rookie QB, winning the team's division championship, and winning a playoff game (beating Cleveland)... is not good enough to be Coach of the Year in the NFL? Terrible. Pathetic voting. Kevin Stefanski actually had one more 1st Place vote. The voting was otherwise dead even.

The Houston Texans finally have their first Pro Football Hall of Famer. WR Andre Johnson became the first Houston Texans player to make it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was a threat on offense and had no problems finding the end zone. And at one point, he put his MMA training to good use beating one of the Tennessee Titans in a fight during a game! :D Anyhow... he joins the latest Hall of Fame induction class along with the likes of Devin Hester among others.
Well said buddy, I agree 100%. If thats not a turnaround, I don't know what is and the fact that you happened to also beat Cleveland straight up, should have swayed votes. In all seriouslness, maybe the voters are jealous of him? Or maybe some 'other undertones' going on? I don't know but its complete BS, I know that much.

To be honest, I was shocked when Dabol won the award last year, I figured the Lions would've/should've won it. But being a Giants fan, I didn't complain :lol:

Jerome

I was watching "Speak" on FOX Sports 1 regarding DeMeco Ryans denied the Coach of the Year honors. The defense for Cleveland's coach winning Coach of the Year is that the Browns went 11-6 and did so with five different quarterbacks. It was almost to say the Cleveland had a more improbable run in 2023 than the Texans.

I just wanted to post the case made for Kevin Stefanski based on what I heard. Yet still- D. Ryans should have won the award, and I get the AFC North was a better division overall than the AFC South. Last I checked, Houston won their division while Cleveland didn't. I don't care what team you are or what Division you play in- the Houston Texans did in one season what many other coaches would kill for. Also, the Coach of the Year honor is a regular season award. Even still, the body of the work done by the Texans is nothing to sneeze at or downplay. Maybe in Season 2 of DeMeco Ryans, the Texans will be motivated to play harder and finally go to the AFC Championship Game (or further).

Not to be outdone... CJ Stroud won Offensive Rookie of the Year, and Will Anderson Jr. won Defensive Rookie of the Year. If CJ Stroud didn't get into the concussion protocol, he may have surpassed Andrew Luck and Justin Herbert for most passing yards by a rookie QB. I personally think this has been my favorite season following the Texans. I never been this excited (and pleasantly surprised) since following this team since its 2002 inception.

By the way, Lamar Jackson won MVP of the Year and is the only(?) MVP to win MVP more than once despite never making it to the Super Bowl. It's still sad the Texans this season started and ended with big losses at Baltimore.

Get ready for Super Bowl LVIII this weekend...

Well, GTPlaneteers... this day has finally arrived. What began with 32 teams with a chance to play for a Championship is now down to the two best (or maybe two luckiest?) teams playing to become Champs of this NFL season. Two of the proudest franchises in NFL history will collide to close out the 2023 NFL Season. KC can defend their title, and SF can win their first title in a while. One of these two teams will hoist the Lombardi Trophy and become Champs of this season. With both teams going all-in and playing all-out, who will leave the Las Vegas area as Champions? Find out tonight!

GTPlaneteers (and Swifties ;) ) ... enjoy Super Bowl LVIII and all the pageantry and all it has to offer! Congratulations to the champions, whichever team they might be.

Honestly, Demeco should have won this year and McDaniel should have won last year. Cleveland made the playoffs with 5 different QBs, but they were pretty much a division favorite from the beginning. Meanwhile, the everyone and their mom thought the Texans would be dog****. I think they don't like to give COTY to first-year coaches to sort of protect the outgoing coach and to make it easier for franchises to move on if years 2 through 4 are disasters.

Last edited:
As a Raiders fan, it pains me to see both of my natural born enemies playing against each other in the superbowl. But since I think that Mahomes is a crybaby, and the 49ers are my home-state team, I’m gonna be rooting for them.

Besides, I really like Brock Purdy’s story, and McCaffrey’s a beast

Now as the Super bowl is about to kick off.
It's how many times Taylor Swift gets mentioned Bowl.

I know there will be someone keeping track of it.
Hopefully SF wins.

Gonna be a defensive game for sure.

Right now it’s advantage 9ers. They need to stop beating themselves atm

Now as the Super bowl is about to kick off.
It's how many times Taylor Swift gets mentioned Bowl.

I know there will be someone keeping track of it.
Hopefully SF wins.
Assuming 1 TS sighting equals 1 shot, how toasted would I be?

Top 5 halftime shows that I can think of.

HER
Ludacris
Alicia Keyes
WILL.I.AM
Lil’ John

…wow

With the exception of HER, it was like reliving my teens and early 20’s again

Just wish the program would have allowed for “My Way”

Chiefs are not able to get any rhythm and the fumbles are not helping. Only a 1 score game early in the 3rd but it feels like it is a bigger blowout.

Chiefs are not able to get any rhythm and the fumbles are not helping. Only a 1 score game early in the 3rd but it feels like it is a bigger blowout.
9ers definitely have Mahomes shaken for sure

Chiefs come back from 10 points down and win in OT after a TD by Mecole Hardman. Kansas City 25, San Francisco 22.

Back