• Track: World Circuits >Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Germany > Audi
  • Model: R8 FSI R Tronic '07

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 414 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1560 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Cones and Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac, Red and White Rumble Strips, and other Hard Surfaces, such as Cobbles, are all Track

Steward's Comments:
Were attacking the mighty Nürburgring Nordschleife this week. If you don't know the track well, you might be intimidated by the length and difficulty. I tried to make things simpler for you by choosing an AWD car and fitting it with Race Tires. If you're a purist, you might be upset by the race tires on a road car. With 414 HP stock, the power to grip ratio is still appropriate, and no need to worry about whether the combo is sufficiently difficult. Give it a rip, and have fun. :mischievous: 👍

NrburgringNordschleife_24.jpg

Viewing Your Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

NrburgringNordschleife_18.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 Through T9 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 9

NrburgringNordschleife_21.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 14 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 23rd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

NrburgringNordschleife_25.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Oh my.

Is it wrong that I nearly peed my pants. I've raced the ring a lot in Forza, maybe 200 odd laps, but not much for quite a while. I love the 4.2 R8 too (I've driven one!) - looking forward to this, it'll be nuts trying to stay clean for about the first 5 hours :)

So, just the 9 splits we can discuss in the thread then? Interesting!

Will the long replay be ok to upload?

So, just the 9 splits we can discuss in the thread then? Interesting!

Will the long replay be ok to upload?

T9 takes you up to just before the second carrousel. After that, a lot of the guess work is taken out. I think we used to do T3, 5, 7 and 9 on GT4. But with the T's being sector times now, we'll have to post them all to keep the fetchbot straight. Otherwise, manual math would be involved.

I've been working with Jordan on the replay issue. That will be sorted as well. 👍

I can't miss this one My Favorite track ,Racing tyres will give the new comers a Better chance

First half decent lap that was actually clean enough:

T1 46.217
T2 35.834
T3 30.376
T4 54.296
T5 41.252
T6 30.049
T7 52.632
T8 36.606
T9 33.385

I started manual shifting when I started WRS but this is something else :crazy:

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! To bad I got alot to do for school, but will definitely squeeze in some hours 👍

The leaderboard ain't coping with the splits. Can only show 7 and it didn't accept pollhass's.

Damn, I think I missed an apex.

WRS has definitely improved by skills - this is still a tough challenge though 👍

Edit: Leaderboard isn't updating for my times either, guess it needs a slight tweak!

Last edited:
Edit: Leaderboard isn't updating for my times either, guess it needs a slight tweak!
I've sent a note to JoostBaksteen.

I'm thinking I pissed off the Fetchbot, he's on strike now.

He says that more work should = more pay.

Oh my, this is going to take a lot of time out of my week! :) After a few spins in the first tree turns I managed two laps so here are some splits:

...waits forever for replay to get to T9...

T1: 45.410
T2: 34.651
T3: 29.291
T4: 51.187
T5: 39.090
T6: 28.082
T7: 50.241
T8: 34.660
T9: 30.209

Oooh...me likey...alot 👍

Hopefully I'll be able to get some decent time to spend on this one. Excellent combo Kev :D

Well this one will be a great challenge. I have run maybe 400 laps or so on this track since I was was competing in the old Shift league and GT5. This will test your patience and your memory. All of your sensibilities will take a shot because of the exposure time in a single lap to make a mistake, good luck to everyone.

T1: 46.276
T2: 35.839
T3: 30.530
T4: 53.061
T5: 40.726
T6: 29.054
T7: 52.152
T8: 34.905
T9: 30.724

A little conservitive to just feel the car out :)

Last edited:
I don't know if my nerves will be able to withstand this combo! If it's 2 minutes in and I haven't mowed the grass yet, for the rest of the lap I'm just waiting for it. So far my page of times says "45.296, 35.138, 29.954, 51.050, CRASH." :)

I don't know if my nerves will be able to withstand this combo! If it's 2 minutes in and I haven't mowed the grass yet, for the rest of the lap I'm just waiting for it. So far my page of times says "45.296, 35.138, 29.954, 51.050, CRASH." :)

LOL, I think that will be a VERY common theme for me this week . .
Knowing my luck I will get into the last sector and then I'll tag a wall or run off somewhere.
I think I'll try to get a "SAFE" lap in the bank before i try to improve.

"SHAKES FIST @ LOGITECH" you couldn't have sent my wheel before this week?????
I'm sick of seeing the same thing on the website, out of stock, on back oreder / overdue.

Cheers All !!!

Last edited:
I love this track, just hope I can get enough time this week to get some good clean runs in. :)

My first lap was a crashfest, trying to get the feel of the car. :scared: I ran very conservative on the second lap so I could have some splits to post. There is a LOT of time to gain on these splits, most of the ones from my first lap were significantly faster, but the lap wasn't clean.

T1: 46.821
T2: 35.303
T3: 29.588
T4: 51.996
T5: 40.448
T6: 28.742
T7: 51.519
T8: 35.602
T9: 30.845

Gearing seems all wrong for me, I'm finding that I am just not in the right powerband in some corners; hopefully that will get better with faster runs... but I sure whish I could mess with the ratios. :banghead:

Getting better :crazy:

T1: 45.679
T2: 34.754
T3: 29.309
T4: 51.556
T5: 39.154
T6: 28.338
T7: 51.196
T8: 34.709
T9: 30.478

Last edited:
I guess that makes me a purist. :) Hard to care when It's the best track ever conceived by mankind - the 'hell' with more runs for week 13! :)

This car just...lets you do whatever you want! Of course, tons of room for improvement

T1: 45.227
T2: 34.013
T3: 29.212
T4: 51.370
T5: 39.043
T6: 27.925
T7: 49.603
T8: 34.100
T9: 30.053

First splits,

T1: 45.596
T2: 34.389
T3: 29.013
T4: 50.762
T5: 39.167
T6: 28.073
T7: 50.054
T8: 34.000
T9: 29.754

now for some MORTAL KOMBAT !!!!!!!!! online

Yes, yes, yes. This is going to be so much fun! I don't care what the tire selection is, it is Nordschleife! This is going to be the best week EVER and will be hard to top! I'm a little excited as you can tell and can't wait to hit the track tomorrow.

Hey guys,

As you may have noticed the board is not showing the splits, as the board only allows for 7 splits i'll have to make some changes to the logic and database.

I'll fix it tonight, in the meantime, just post your splits everything will be ok soon :).

:cheers:

Joost

Hmm, wife will be away on a business trip to Barcelona from tomorrow until next Wednesday. Nordschleife here I come.

Sadly for the last couple of months I've been way too busy with work and family to be able to put any time into the WRS. God I'm going to try and work around that problem to have a crack at this week, I've been hoping the ring would pop up when I had the time to compete.
This is going to be Legen...

(wait for it)

Nice to see someone else around here who should know the Great Ocean Road.👍
EDK
I'm thinking I pissed off the Fetchbot, he's on strike now.

He says that more work should = more pay.

And rightly so. :sly:

Hmm, wife will be away on a business trip to Barcelona from tomorrow until next Wednesday. Nordschleife here I come.

You lucky sod. ;)

Cheers Shaun.

Back