Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > High Speed Ring Reverse
  • Car Type: Standard
  • Make: Polyphony Digital
  • Model: Formula Gran Turismo
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 936 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 550 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Soft (R3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

HighSpeedRing_15.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All Hard Surfaces are Track
  • Stay off the walls, including the invisible walls

Steward's Comments:
The racing world suffered a great loss on Sunday, with IndyCar's Dan Wheldon passing away in a traumatic accident at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Let's pay tribute to him this week, with a high speed run in an open wheeler.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

HighSpeedRing_17.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 36 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, October 24th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

HighSpeedRing_12.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I am without a doubt taking part of this.

This looks really really good. I just hope my DS3 turns enough with this car at this track...I will have to try driving one of these things with my wheel tho just for fun.

Of course I know the track well now the normal way but reverse...I dont think I have ever ran this track in reverse in GT5 yet.

Btw tunes would be greatly appreciated. I havent tuned one of these yet and only driven mine a little. I suppose there are plenty of tunes in the tuning forums.

O dang I just realised I have to buy abrand new 5 million dollar one on my GTP account...bettter get to making some dough.

Im all jacked up and ready to roll in a FGT car. hahaha

I'm in this and I already have a good setup for the car.

Also, might want to edit Deep Forest out of the track info section.

O dang I just realised I have to buy abrand new 5 million dollar one on my GTP account...bettter get to making some dough.

It should be ok to use a shared one from our main account, no? I hope so...

Some data for those in the same boat as me:

With 11,200 miles on my only FGT, I did the Engine Overhaul and it brought the HP from 884 back up to 934 (vs 936 in the OP), for $500k instead of the $5mil for a new one. I'm a cheap bastard. ;)

Nice 2nd choice to Spa, Kev. 👍

---------
First splits, default suspension, LSD, brakes, trans 249mph top speed, full downforce.

Hopefully more to come, as I drifted the exit of the tunnel. :dopey:

Last edited:
First splits:

T1: 12.272
T2: 12.901

Won't take long to run some miles and break the new girl in at this speed. Just wish I had bought this car before they raised the price in the OCD.

@Lefty... Let's start the battle early this week.

I dont have any aids turned on. When i take the first corner and just let off the throttle completly and downshift the throttle indicator shows the game is keeping the throttle at about 80% thru the corner for me.

Has it always been like this or is this something new after Spec 2?

It doesnt seem right.

Edit: Im bowing out of this one because of the automatic throttle control. I just dont like it and I cant control how the car corners. When I want to just coast the game says to bad you cant and might keep the throttle close to wide open and I wreck into the wall.

Last edited:
Reduced down force, zeroed rear settings, still need gear adjustment. Got a little better.

T1: 12.563
T2: 13.275

T1: 12.480
T2: 13.069

I goin bare back for this one, no DL, new standard car cockpit view, no TC. I feel like I'm in the movie "Grand Prix"........ :lol:

T1: 12.386
T2: 12.995

Well "W" at least now I might be able to see your wicker-bill :)

My first laps for this weeks run (and after a long break for that matter)!
New car, no where near run in yet, stock settings.

T1: 13.485
T2: 13.991

R.I.P. Dan - my thoughts are with your friends and family.

The Race Details still say Deep Forest :)

I had fixed it in the edit I did 6 minutes before your post. Maybe you just needed to hit refresh?

I dont have any aids turned on. When i take the first corner and just let off the throttle completly and downshift the throttle indicator shows the game is keeping the throttle at about 80% thru the corner for me.

Has it always been like this or is this something new after Spec 2?

It doesnt seem right.

Edit: Im bowing out of this one because of the automatic throttle control. I just dont like it and I cant control how the car corners. When I want to just coast the game says to bad you cant and might keep the throttle close to wide open and I wreck into the wall.

Are you sure you have everything turned off? Are you using active steering? Could it be a DS3 vs. wheel issue?

Tragic accident, RIP Dan. Very sad indeed.

Early splits. I don't have much experience with this car, found it rather difficult to drive. Very twitchy, nervous car. Need to slow down the wheel settings and speed up my brain.

T1, 12.382
T2, 12.926

EDIT, New splits. Think I've taken my hit and miss tune to it's max. Waiting for one of the tuning gurus to post a suitable setup.

Last edited:
I haven't had any time to run any events lately, I hope to make some time to run this weeks.

I've been missing the WRS.:(

I will skip this one. I can't stand single seaters, I find them so boring to drive because they have too much downforce and I am pityful at driving them (Is it weird that I love formula 1 ?)

RIP Dan Wheldon.

EDK
I had fixed it in the edit I did 6 minutes before your post. Maybe you just needed to hit refresh?

Are you sure you have everything turned off? Are you using active steering? Could it be a DS3 vs. wheel issue?

I'll have a look at this soon and see if I get the same problems.

MilleRSVR
Tragic accident, RIP Dan. Very sad indeed.

Early splits. I don't have much experience with this car, found it rather difficult to drive. Very twitchy, nervous car. Need to slow down the wheel settings and speed up my brain.

I haven't had a full look at the tuning (am not playing just yet) but I found that moving the ballast towards the back is enough to get the car controllable, but nowhere near as easily as it was in GT3 or GT4, so might be worth looking at that if it helps.

I'm most likely gonna try to tune this myself and will post it, unless someone else beats me to it (I used vagabonds in last weeks WRS and I think nearly everyone else did lol)

Unbeknown to me at the time, my FGT was setup for Daytona, of your wondering why my first splits are all over the place.

Much better at this track the right way around...

Really strange using this car, the more you push the easier it is, just a little unstable under braking.

7 Laps=

Just tuned 2 parts (Transmission and aero) and managed to take 3 seconds off straight away :embarrassed: I know I can get more out of it, but only have limited time tonight to try it out, so my splits for tonight:

T1: 13.215
T2: 13.518

Last edited:
Back