GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 36 : Dan Wheldon Tribute Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 192 comments
Fetchy is still listing Tim's time as mine (quoted him by accident), so I'm posting my original time again (with .001 added to t1):

Going to pass on this one. Tried it a few times but that "sticky" throttle in the fast corners is really annoying. Not a big fan of open wheel cars anyway. See you next week.

Thanks Pekka, great tune :bowdown:

I'm glad you liked it. :dopey:

New splits:

Changed the toe settings a little and forged some new gears.
I've seen a 11.9 at sector 1 and 12.4 at sector 2 , so 24.4xx T2 should be possible. :lol:

MadMax

I'm gutted.
I'm probably going to submit, I'm tired of getting low 12s in T1 just to lose time in T2 when this car can't go off throttle. Best T1 I had was 12.000, I can get consistent 12.03x just to lose it all in T2. ARGGGGH

T1 12.078
T2 12.693

Moving the wheel away most likely, so I'm going to submit.

Thanks for the link to your tune, MadMax.

I'm using an FGT borrowed from my main account. Could a steward please confirm that this is ok?

I waited until today to try this combo, thinking I might not really like it. But I'm actually having fun! It even got me the Human Stopwatch trophy! (Now I just have to repeat this on my main account...)

First splits

T1 12.419
T2 13.150

Using the tune posted by MadMax and enjoying it very much.
Thank you.

A little more.
T1 12.361
T2 12.873

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your tune Pekka. Someone needed to share a tune and someone good and you definitly fit the bill.👍

T1: 12.119
T2: 12.691

Still using and trying to find my own tune. Its very tempting to try Pekkas tune. Want to see where mine leads first.

T1: 12.098
T2: 12.664

Still my tune. I just ran personal bests thru all 3 sectors in one lap. Never do that.

Mignum nice splits. I noticed.

Last edited:
I'll just quietly post these current splits & hope no one notices :sly:

T1: 12.139
T2: 12.701

Moved over to the B settings sheet, installed MadMax's tune 👍 (vs mostly default), immediately dropped almost 1sec:

A 3D3 podium sweep hasn't happened yet, we need to make it happen quick before Tim gets promoted!

T1: 13.206
T2: 13.677

Latest oil change!
Time to start tuning!
Cheers All !!!

T1: 12.195
T2: 13.355

AMAZING what a fresh set up will do to a car!

Last edited:
I would love to take part in this race. Dan Wheldon was a joy to watch, I will miss him. Can someone lend me a car? I will give it back after I am done with it. This I promise!

Thanks in advance, Al

I would love to take part in this race. Dan Wheldon was a joy to watch, I will miss him. Can someone lend me a car? I will give it back after I am done with it. This I promise!

Thanks in advance, Al

If you have 5mil cr. The car is available in the OCD.
Do some seasonals and you're there in no time 👍

If you have 5mil cr. The car is available in the OCD.
Do some seasonals and you're there in no time 👍

I do wish I had the time. Little one is 6 months old today and I spend most of my time with her! :) I am $4,000,000 Credits short, long way to go. Just thought I would try and ask.

Al

I do wish I had the time. Little one is 6 months old today and I spend most of my time with her! :) I am $4,000,000 Credits short, long way to go. Just thought I would try and ask.

Al

I can lend it to you, the sticky throttle DS3 bug means I can't take part in this WRS. Ill accept your friend request and share with you. I'm not sure though if this car is sharable but ill give it a try.

I can lend it to you, the sticky throttle DS3 bug means I can't take part in this WRS. Ill accept your friend request and share with you. I'm not sure though if this car is sharable but ill give it a try.

I think if you can't gift it, you can set it online and Allibubba can borrow it. ;)

First splits:

T1: 12.145
T2: 12.854

A lot of work to do in T2. Max's tune. 👍

T1: 12.082
T2: 12.764

Last edited:
The sticky throttle has to do with the tune. I did not have it at first when I started driving the default setup, but after I switched to MadMax's it happened in the very first turn. It seems to be related to how much steering lock you apply, so I'm thinking it might be the LSD decel setting that causes it somehow...

T1 is faster if you can juuuust keep from cooking the front tires. Still have some work to do in T2, 4 wheel drift both turns on this lap :)

No wonder there are hardly any DS3 users on the leaderboard :lol: Might pass this one up as even using MadMax's tune I'm not getting any better than 12.4xx in T1, while T2 is just a mess. I will give it one last try tomorrow to see if I can make any progress but it just seems like there is no precision with the DS3.

On a different note, respect to the legend that was Dan Wheldon, a sad loss to the world of Motorsport, R.I.P.

Slightly mad.
Had a 11.954 T1 just to..(GUESS WHAT)...lose it all in T2.
How...HOW to take that corner?
I don't want to sound arrogant but if I work out T2 I'll have this in the bag.

I'll post my tune later ("my tune" actually is MadMax's one, slightly modifed).

Quite pleased with this considering the problems DS3 users are having.

Looking for a couple more 10ths off the OT. I'll post my tune tomorrow.

I definately don't envy the DS3 users this week.
I had a run with the DS3 just for ***** and giggles to start off with. . .
Switched to the wheel, hey presto, dropped over a second straight up.
Maybe it's just me and my skills but given that i am not that gifted to start off with, it's definately something to consider!!

Cheers All !!!

New splits

T1: 12.935
T2: 12.932

Have done the engine rebuild, chassis refresh and two oil changes already with my FGT. Trying to keep it at max hp at all times.

Almost at my limit, and don´t know if i have the strenght to run after some miliseconds :ill:

T1: 11.990
T2: 12.575

Back