GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 36 : Dan Wheldon Tribute Race

• Thread starter EDK
  • 192 comments
EDK
Are you sure you have everything turned off? Are you using active steering? Could it be a DS3 vs. wheel issue?

Ill double check that all my aids are turned off again. Im pretty sure they are.

All the aids are turned off. In 7th gear thru the first corner the game wont let the throttle off at all if I let off completly. lol

I just drove my X2010 for the first time and it has the same feature. When ever I turn with no throttle the game applies some throttle unless Im braking. When I quit braking its back on the throttle when I dont want it to be. The slower you are going when cornering the less throttle the game will apply for you.

I tried the Sauber C9 at this track but thank god it seems to be limited to the open wheel cars...I dont have any of the Ferraris but im guessing they do it to.

Since no wheel drivers seem to be finding this a problem...I will try later with my wheel.

It is always a tragic event losing such a high quality individual, no matter what their profession is. My thoughts go out to Dan's wife, children, family & friends.

Dan Wheldon put his heart & soul into a sport he dearly loved, & tragically, it took his life.

R.I.P Dan Wheldon :bowdown:

1st splits after being on the sidelines for a long time, but I couldn't miss this occasion.

T1: 13.264
T2: 12.999

T1: 12.479
T2: 12.786

Last edited:
The issue with the throttle staying on is exclusive to the open wheel cars. It's been like that since the beginning of the game. FGT, X2010, Ferrari F1.. they all do it. Not sure why it's like that though.

The issue with the throttle staying on is exclusive to the open wheel cars. It's been like that since the beginning of the game. FGT, X2010, Ferrari F1.. they all do it. Not sure why it's like that though.

Off throttle blown diffuser? :dopey:

To clarify, it happens whether you are using a wheel or a DS3? Can't say that I've ever noticed it.

EDK
To clarify, it happens whether you are using a wheel or a DS3? Can't say that I've ever noticed it.

Yeah it happens whether your using a wheel or a DS3.

The wheel definitly turns more than the DS3 will...I just took the first corner wide out in 7th gear with my wheel. I cant do that with a DS3 and a basically stock tune with the top speed of the tranny adjusted for the track and full downforce.

I kinda get the feeling the auto throttle feature is more matched to a wheels turning radius and not as well matched to a DS3s turning radius and thats why only I seemed to have problems with it.

Ill see if I can learn to handle this twitchy car with my wheel.:)

Figured I'd start early and avoid my usual Monday start :D

I'm already dizzy from just 20 40 laps :cool:

Last edited:
Figured I'd start early and avoid my usual Monday start :D

I'm already dizzy from just 20 laps :cool:

You got a great start Marc, currently at the top of the leaderboard.👍

I sometimes get motion sick from playing GT5 as well. lol

Been using my wheel unplugged so theres no force feedback. Im getting into the groove of driving this car with a wheel. Its not as twitchy and wild feeling now. Doing ok but not ready to post splits just yet.

I was keeping it floored around turn 1, but now am pretty sure that's not the best approach. Was over-turning my DFGT, which induced front-wheel skidding (but still enough grip to not smack the barrier).

Also I liked hood-cam the best, after trying all 4 views. Usually I'm bumper-only for WRS.

Nice opener, Marc! 👍 EDIT: And NICE counter, Tim! Holy...

Last edited:
Updated Splits:

T1: 12.294
T2: 12.744

T1: 12.124
T2: 12.761

Last edited:
First Splits in a long time:

Took some rear downforce out and the thing decides to go primal rage on me while on the straights :scared:

How the hell do you get this thing to stop being so tail happy out the corners? Even with my finesse driving, its killing my exit speed.

Edit: It seems changing my approach to turn 1 has worked wonders for me. New Splits:

I think if I get it just right the next time, I'll finally be down in the 12s

Edit 2: More new ones:

Still couldn't achieve 12s, this is madness.

Last edited:
T1: 12.365
T2: 12.713

Was waiting until I got into 3rd on the splits board to post my splits. hahaha

Never have been up here. Its a nice view.:)

T1: 12.296
T2: 12.733

Ive beaten the previous lap I reported the splits on 5 times to end up going just a hair less than 1 tenth lower OT. haha

Last edited:
First splits with DF at 5 or 10 points below maximum. Tweaked the LSD at bit as well.

I think HSR was the only track I only ever did a substantial Division win :)

Updated Splits:

*splits removed*
That certainly didn't take long to get bumped :lol:
Lately you're driving has been off the chart, it's going to be fun trying to keep up (until the D2 guys make you one of theirs ;)) 👍

BTW - I went with your suggestion, and switched to automatic transmission for this one. Great tip, much better 👍

My splits: (re-post - fetchy reset ;))

Last edited:
That certainly didn't take long to get bumped :lol:
Lately you're driving has been off the chart, it's going to be fun trying to keep up (until the D2 guys make you one of theirs ;)) 👍

BTW - I went with your suggestion, and switched to automatic transmission for this one. Great tip, much better 👍

Yah, it's not often we get to wander around in the top two spots so figured I'd take advantage of it before the faster guys start showing with their custom setups.

By the way, your quoted text got grabbed as your splits. We're close in speed, but not that close! :lol:

I tried a few laps with manual transmission and said forget it. Didn't want to wear out my paddles in 10 laps. :sly:

Is it just me or is this direction on the track supose to blind you coming out of the tunnel? I have tried to adjust the brightness but stilll find that I'm guessing where the track is when I come out of the tunnel sliding into the blinding light and then "SUPRISE" my aim is off and "SPLAT". :(

LeftyWright69
Is it just me or is this direction on the track supose to blind you coming out of the tunnel? I have tried to adjust the brightness but stilll find that I'm guessing where the track is when I come out of the tunnel sliding into the blinding light and then "SUPRISE" my aim is off and "SPLAT". :(

Yeah it does, I just tend to guess, but I found that my braking point is just as the light goes back to normal outside the tunnel for this, so its not as bad, but the best braking point would be during the blindness lol

Was waiting until I got into 3rd on the splits board to post my splits. hahaha

Never have been up here. Its a nice view.:)

Nice splits Jack 👍
It's a weird view, to me anyways. ;)

First session splits:

There is about .150 seconds left for me to find.
I saw a .099 and .100 at T1 so that's where I left most time with my current fastest lap.

My setup can be found by searching TT20 or thru this link.
Adjusted final gear for the track , almost hitting rev limiter on 7th gear.

MadMax

MadMax, I'll give your setup a try.👍

Just noticed Tim & Marc are tied at the moment, down to the thousand of a second. Never saw that before.👍

First time WRS driver. :D
15 lap stint:
T1 12.569
T2 12.999

Loving this combo.

New splits:
T1 12.329
T2 12.972

Huge drift in T2, made me so jumpy that I lost time in T3. :dunce:

New splits, again:
T1 12.275
T2 13.012

I'm yet to work out a perfect T2.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same problem as jack, on the fast corners the car's throttle won't drop below 3/4ths, and I don't have a wheel so I guess this one looks like a pass for me:tdown:

Finally some time left for WRS.

My first 10 laps results in:

T1: 13.409
T2: 13.768

Enough for tonight.
Final splits:

Finally worked out T2 line.

Edit:
Omg...I just realised that all hard surfaces are track, I thought white line = track.
No wonder I couldn't get a 12.5 T2....

Last edited:
New splits.

T1: 12.930
T2: 13.010

All hard surfaces are track? I've been avoiding crossing over that runoff area coming out of turn one because I thought it was outside of the boundaries.

I should be able to go faster.. I think.

All hard surfaces are track? I've been avoiding crossing over that runoff area coming out of turn one because I thought it was outside of the boundaries.

I should be able to go faster.. I think.

Yeah, I figured it would be tough enough to keep this thing off the walls, no sense getting all silly and making you keep it in the lines as well. :sly:

Back