Subaru BRZ '12
GrandValleySpeedway-1.jpg

Scion FR-S '12

GrandValleySpeedway_5-2.jpg

Grand Valley Speedway

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events : Time Trial No. 47 : PP450 86/BRZ/FR-S Grand Valley Speedway Time Trial
  • Track: Original > Grand Valley
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Toyota/Subaru/Scion
  • Model: 86 GT/BRZ/FR-S '12

Vehicle Specifics:

• Performance Points (PP): 450 - After breakin and added parts detailed below, with minimum weight and maximum aero. Min weight and max aero not required, 450PP is the maximum allowed, and no other parts or modifications can be added to the car.
  • Power: 237 HP (After Oil Change, Added Parts and Full Break In. HP before Break In = 230)
  • Weight: 1092 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood.
  • Engine Modifications: None. Stage 1-3 and ECU/Chip Tuning verifiable by checking redline on HUD.
  • Intake Modifications: Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter
  • Exhaust Modifications: Sports Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports. Sports, Semi Racing or Racing Exhaust NOT Allowed. Verifiable by Checking Sound on Replay.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (SRF is Forced off in this Game Mode)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: No Upgrades Allowed. Verifiable by Checking Sound in replay. Manual or Automatic Allowed.
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero: All Allowed. Any Wing Type Allowed, all create max Rear Downforce of 20. Max Downforce allowed.
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
GrandValleySpeedway_9-1.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No Other Surfaces are Track. See Below Details for additional boundary clarifications.
  • Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Red and White Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.

CLEAN
    GrandValleyEast.jpg

DIRTY
    GrandValleyEast_1-1.jpg

Concrete on Trackside Right on the exit of the first lefthand turn after the tunnel exit. These pics are clean. If the lefthand tires are inside the rumbles without contact, that's considered dirty.

GVEr2.jpg

GVEr1.jpg

Steward's Comments:
This is like having our own Track Day, it's almost what I named the event, Track Day Special. All 3 cars are the same in initial specs. I tried to keep the car as close to a tuner/street car as possible, with limited upgrades that are verifiable. As a result, we will not be able to compete with the top leaderboard times this week, but the car is a lot more fun to drive in this state, in my opinion. 6th gear is terrible, but the car likes to run right to the limiter, so you really should not need it at all.

Viewing your T1 and T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

GrandValleySpeedway_2-2.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track. Concrete sections bordering the Rumbles are not track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2
GrandValleySpeedway_6-2.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 88 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, October 29th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

GrandValleySpeedway_10.jpg

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

GrandValleySpeedway_1-2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be fun, already had a good practise last weekend in the seasonals where I am positioned around the 200° place. Looking forward to this 👍

That ofcourse was in a tunned car with extra parts....

Kevin, you have a good sense of humor, the selection this week looks good also!!

Last edited:
First 15 laps WRS for a while :)

2nd/3rd gear usage is critical

Edit

Power limiter was on....

Last edited:
Nice to see you back in for a run Matt. :cheers: Where you been hiding?

I have to say I love these cars and had a couple of quick sessions in the BRZ when the seasonal first appeared - massively off the pace there but didn't settle on a decent setup. Looks like I'll have to now though... :) Great idea for a combo Kev. Are we keeping our car choice secret?

Anyway, first go with some sort of a setup:

That's probably about my limit I reckon, unless there's some setup magic to be found. Short week.. :sly:

-20/-20
17.0/15.0
9/7
7/5
7/4
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

5/16/10

BB 5/5 ABS 10

Feel free to share your car choice this week. The cars are really all the same, with different badging. I'm sure someone will argue with me/point out differently, but they are all the same, as far as I can tell.

I don't see how anyone could argue the difference. Same power, same weight, same PP, same torque. I've got all 3 set up just because and the only difference are the rims, rims color and car colors.

Still a couple of HPs short of full break-in, I think. That was with stock suspension. I'll try Chris's setup next 👍

I ended up adjusting the setup on either the FR-S or the 86 and ended up running the BRZ for 12 laps before noticing something wasn't quite right with it's ride height.

Splits from that session.

Adjusted the setup and ran 5 more laps.

Last edited:
You can buy the Toyota 86GT '12 in the new car dealership.

Very early in this seasonal I wondered if I had ruined my car with to much weight reduction. Thought it was irreplaceable but went looking to see if I could buy another one of the 3 cars and was very happy to see I could at anytime without owning any DLC.

Going to try this right now.

Edit: Oh I see we cant buy a tranny upgrade so we cant tune it....interesting.

Last edited:

My seasonal TT tune on the WRS specs car. Except now the trannys set to default tranny theres a rear wing on it now and Im not running ballast in the rear. different but still a decent tune. I like how aggressive it lets me get on the gas out of the slow stuff at the moment. Quite fun.

except for the tranny tunning ;)

It's my own personal protest against the game reverting to the irritating gear whine being louder than the engine when updating to a custom transmission.

Plus, the gearing is really pretty good in stock form.

EDK
It's my own personal protest against the game reverting to the irritating gear whine being louder than the engine when updating to a custom transmission.

I have no problem with that, just hope everyone checks the excact specifications as mentioned in the op.

I love the car, already used this car togheter with Stef at Motegei (short), it is a good 400pp car aswell. Last weekend I also enjoyed the seasonals tt where I had a nice training(8 hours) for this altert version. So I am 'for' ;)

Are things from the drivetrain allowed? Like drive shaft, clutch and flywheel

Thanks - I made this update to the first post, not sure how I missed that one.

Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.

EDK
Thanks - I made this update to the first post, not sure how I missed that one.

Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.

Cheers, I'm assuming suspension kits are also allowed.

EDK

And about the drivetrain ??

• Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
Also added that bit.

You get to do everything except transmission, Engine Modifications/ECU, and Upgraded Exhaust.

The PP and HP really help guide you to the right power mods. Sorry for missing the other bits. Chris managed to read my mind, as he probably realized we would not be able to verify those things properly if we did not allow them. ;)

EDK
Chris managed to read my mind, as he probably realized we would not be able to verify those things properly if we did not allow them. ;)
:P I think its called accidentally running off in the right direction Kevin. But yeah some part of my brain knows that those things can't be verified. :sly:

EDK
You get to do everything except transmission, Engine Modifications/ECU, and Upgraded Exhaust.

Do you mean no mods after the cat but manifold and cat are cool to upgrade to sports?

"Exhaust Modifications: Sports Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports. Sports, Semi Racing or Racing Exhaust NOT Allowed. Verifiable by Checking Sound on Replay."

Is the Sports Exhaust and the Catalic converter allowed but the rest such as exhausts etc not allowed. Think I'm getting this right by putting it cause I was missing some HP after break in, though im not exactly sure so wanted to check.

Latest Posts

Back