RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_12_zps5090c3d5.jpg

Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_11_zpsb8917072.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits >Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed (admin verifiable) - Paint and Custom Wheels Allowed
  • Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: 430 Scuderia '07

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power:528 BHP (After full break-in)
  • Weight: 1350 kg (Stock. No weight reductions or ballast allowed
  • Added Tuning Parts: Not Allowed
    • This includes aero parts from GT Auto, chassis reinforcement, weight reductions, engine upgrades, drivetrain parts, exhaust upgrades, intake parts, turbos, transmission changes or suspension changes.
    • We have developed an automated means of verifying car specs, and any racers found to have made any illegal changes will be DQ'd from this event, and subject to disciplinary action.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Paint and Custom wheels: Allowed
  • Transmission: Manual (MT) or Automatic (AT)
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Other Aids (Driving Line, Traction Control, Active Steering, ASM and ABS): Optional
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Depletion: OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_5_zps323ddb65.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Tarmac and Blue and White Rumbles are Track.
  • No other surfaces are Track.

Steward's Comments:
We used this car before, but it was on steroids. Now try it out stock. The title describes the car's characteristics in turns.

Viewing Your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_zps81c978af.jpg

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_3_zps95723784.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, T2, & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 139 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, October 21st 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_6_zps63dafe10.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I was running this track online this afternoon and thought, "we should really use this in a combo". Excellent choice.

Now, if I can just learn how to get around it in a timely manner.

Lovely combo! First splits so far. Brake Balance is 4/8 and the car is broken in.

I hate this part of the week, with two combos to choose from and not having finished with last week yet... I haven't even run the Evo since Tuesday. Anyway, decided to spend tonight's session on this one and I'll run the Evo tomorrow night. Nice handling car the Scuderia - its all about throttle steering at high speed. 👍 Some splits to get us going... no idea how good they are at this point but it took 45 minutes to get them so hopefully not too bad:

Here's my current 1st sector:

Baron, I'm uploading a vid of week 100 at Motegi Road which may help with finding your way round here but it will take a while 'til its ready.

Edit: Its ready...

Last edited:
Awesome. Love Motegi and the F430. Although i'll never drive it and i'm not that good on Motegi and that F430 is handful. So a difficult combo and i wish it was for week 138 be cause i have very limited time the next coming week, i'll be out of town alot ans staying in hotels. And for a good result i really need a lot of laps with this combo.

Anyway. Got a question just to clear it up. Can you cross the white line under the bridge in T3, before entering the final chicane? I assume it's aloud but just want to make sure.

Messed up the first corner in t2 pretty bad, lost .15 there alone. Doing better than expected so far, these are after about 40 minutes of running.

This car is great, not as pushy as I remember.

Thanks for the video Chris, I could never get the esses in t2 right for some reason.

Ouch... One off my favourite cars on one off my favourite tracks.... I really need a break from real life !!!

Anyway. Got a question just to clear it up. Can you cross the white line under the bridge in T3, before entering the final chicane? I assume it's aloud but just want to make sure.
Yeah, that's fine, Dennis.

New splits.

Gained 5 tenths at the line in total.

Where is everyone? Not still playing GTA V surely?

Another few laps tonight between this and the Evo...

A little cautious through the last complex but still up .2

Made sure I have the right car this time. :embarrassed: What a great car on these tires! Almost point and shoot!

Where is everyone? Not still playing GTA V surely?

Right here! :gtpflag: I haven't bought GTA V and probably won't. Kev bought it though. :P
Amazing T1 vid, and splits overall.

Glad the combo is enjoyable so far, I should mention that it was Tim's (WRP001) idea, but then he ran out of time to fully try the various tire compounds.
If it were up to him, you guys would be loving life on SH tires.
I figured a little more grip was warranted. :)

Still plenty of time to find, but I'm out of town Fri-Tues for a long weekend, so might not get enough time on this one.

Made sure I have the right car this time. :embarrassed: What a great car on these tires! Almost point and shoot!
Yeah too bad about that RX-8 mix up, Omar, really felt wrong taking your D3 podium away. :ouch:
And if you'd call this one "point and shoot", I would say you've got some more speed to find. :mischievous:
A couple corners really require some precision bravery. 👍

Last edited:
Where is everyone?
I don't have the track. Was moving house when it was released so missed out on the original excitement and then never got around to getting it after the fact. Tempting though it is I don't see the point now with GT6 just around the corner...

Yeah too bad about that RX-8 mix up, Omar, really felt wrong taking your D3 podium away. :ouch:
And if you'd call this one "point and shoot", I would say you've got some more speed to find. :mischievous:
A couple corners really require some precision bravery. 👍

Meh, I mucked that one up all on my own. For some reason I didn't think there was a premium RX-8. But don't tell anyone or they'll take away my rotorhead card! :scared:

Still learning my way around this one so I'm sure I'll pick up some time. A bit conservative so far, surely I'll be chewing on kitty litter and dust in no time! :D

I'll give these one a try. Thought I couldn't but in the end I got some time these week. Next is impossible saddly. The combo sounds challenging and fun...
Not fully broken in, first splits,

Last edited:
0 miles no break in first run.. made a slight mistake in T2 that lost me .3 but still got a decent lap time. Also could've hit my apexes a little better in all the sectors.

Now lets see how I do with full break in :sly:

Alright, let's get on the board...

Always had a tendency to brake too late for most corners here... which quickly leads to frustration. I'm using 7/4 BB, what is everybody using?

I started with a forward bias too, but changed to 4/6 and then 3/5 for my current run.
The "Under-" part of the title derived from the understeer entry you get when using a forward bias. This car isn't wanting to swing its rear as readily as other MR cars in the game, methinks.

---
EDIT: Also this one wasn't too bad to adapt to, having the driving line off. Every turn has some kind of fence-attached marker that you can memorize.

20 more laps for 0.2 gain. I don't like that ratio. :irked:

Still at least 0.4 left, if I could clean up my sad attempts at sliding into corners. :)

Last edited:

Terrible T1,ran a 33.3 over there in a previous lap,but he double lefthander really broke it in this lap.
Tried different BB,but the stock 5-5 seems the most stable one for now.

Slow sector 1, some improvement after it
New splits, now I need that sector 2 again...

Last edited:
Rear bias, eh? Might just be crazy enough to work...

Messed up the last corner a bit, though, so only 0.1s at the line...

i dont know if its just me or everyone but for some reason T1 is really annoying and tough for me. well what im doing is im braking in 3rd gear down to 70 MPH, then letting it roll, going down to 2nd gear and like 3/4-full throttle out of the 2nd apex around 55 mph. Correct? incorrect? tips?

Thanks

Did you watch Chris' video? That *sounds* correct, and similar to what I'm doing, but yes that turn is annoying and can be like 0.4 too slow sometimes, even if you feel like you did it right. Watch Chris' throttle and brake inputs, line, and mph's:

Notice he gets into 3rd before the exit apex. I found that to be a good strategy.

i've watched that video like 5489574564 times now.. which im still working on it. T1 really hates me because on the second double apex, i can not seem to find a good line to full throttle through the second apex, always wants to spin out.

Thanks for sharing the video though. it does help me of course i just need time to figure out what im doing wrong, (By the way, since this is a tuning prohibited week, that means all we can install/change is the Brake Balance correct?) well and colors of wheels and car..

edit: Ohhh! 3rd out early! Ohhhhh!! thats what im doing wrong. i was getting frusterated like why doesnt it want to be floored out? but i see why.. thanks again

Last edited:
That's correct, brake balance and car/wheel color are the only things you can change. 👍

For the 2nd double-apex (the left-U), I rarely am 100% full-throttle on the way out. I tend to always give a miniscule lift right as I brush the exit apex. You can see Chris do it too.
That one is all about the line and when to go full-throttle, and when you get it right it feels great. :)

Back