GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 139 : Under-Over

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 87 comments
Sounds Good! Yeah, i've been so close to doing it full throttle out, but just a bit too wide. Gotta admit, this is a tough combo to run, and its only my 2nd week! :lol:

Thanks Gravitron

Much better T4 this time, close to half a second at the line.

Some nice splits going up! I haven't had time to break in the car. Did a couple laps last night to see how this week will be and could only get really high 1'27s by t3. Might get some more time in tonight to try and tame the understeering beast

Last edited:

Worse splits, but gained 2 tenths in sector 4 for a 1 tenth gain at the line. I've had .1s in sector 1, .0s in sector 2, and .3s in sector 3 so there's lots of time left to be found.

Reasonable T1 for me,but became a little to cautious at the rest of the lap.

Tried this one out last night. I haven't been on this configuration of the track before, so this should be an interesting exercise in patience. My best lap after an hour:

That one is all about the line and when to go full-throttle, and when you get it right it feels great. :)

Everything went right in T1 and it did feel great! And I was so excited that my T2 and T3 really suffered, but I was able to bring it back to gain .8s at the line. I ran T2 and T3 a full second faster in other laps, so there's a lot more studying to do. :D

Good to hear it Crispy. 👍 Just watch out for that final chicane, it's got a nasty way of saying "Nope!" to a good lap.

BTW, if you setup a signature for yourself like a bunch of us have, and put your controller in there (DFGT, DS3, G2X, etc), the leaderboard will pick that up and display either a wheel or a DS3 in your line.

Brandon, I see you a-creepin'. ;) I have to quit this one on Thursday night as I'm out of town till Tuesday. :scared:

Nice lap there, Rikson. 👍

Gravitron
Brandon, I see you a-creepin'. ;) I have to quit this one on Thursday night as I'm out of town till Tuesday. :scared:

Just trying to get the car broken in. I've never been a big fan of Motegi so I'm just keeping a low profile and hoping for a podium this week. I do like the car and I'm starting to get a feel for it on here but that last turn in t3 is getting to me. I've lost a few fast times there.

The brake balance got me in the race. Still a little tentative on a couple turns. Going to be a short week for me so going hard at it till Thursday.

Last edited:
First go with my new Clubsport Formula wheel. :D For anyone thinking about getting one at any point, let me just say its every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be. Simply a joy to use. 👍

Beat my previous time after about 15 laps... only by a tenth but I reckon there's another 3 tenths out there when I get chance for a longer session.

Nice lap there, Rikson. 👍

Thanks,but no worries,I'll propably end up with slower splits,like I allways do :grumpy:

On a side note:after last week's combo I thought it was an idea to break in a car at another account,and put it on share.
So I wouldn't have to worry with any difference's in physics or breakdown due to the dirty oil.
Well,apparently the milage just runs up if you keep using it without switching to another car.
And it breaks down like it was your 'own' car.
Maybe old news here,but I never knew this..

New splits after an hour and a half last night:

I find there is a fine line between diving into turn 1 and just playing in the sand. :lol:

Good to hear it Crispy. 👍 Just watch out for that final chicane, it's got a nasty way of saying "Nope!" to a good lap.
No kidding. I've blown many laps on that last turn, but I think I may have worked something out at the end of my last session. I suppose my next run will tell the tale. T2 is still the bigger mystery to me, but I've been reviewing my replays to see where and why I'm biffing some corners.

BTW, if you setup a signature for yourself like a bunch of us have, and put your controller in there (DFGT, DS3, G2X, etc), the leaderboard will pick that up and display either a wheel or a DS3 in your line.

Thanks for the tip! I had wondered about this last week and I had just deduced that very detail literally yesterday. I'll update my sig tout suite.:)

Edit:
done!

Last edited:
Not much difference at T3, but almost 0.2s at the line.

Finally got time for a second session.
Had a .327 in t1, but my final sector on this lap is really good and my ghost passes me every time.

Thanks for the tip! I had wondered about this last week and I had just deduced that very detail literally yesterday. I'll update my sig tout suite.:)

Edit:
done!

You sure about that? :lol:

Actually, if you go on his profile and go to the 'About Me' section, it shows that he does have a signature. But for some reason, it doesn't show on his posts. Wierd.

It didn't take long to remember why this isn't my favourite track. Think I'm probably done with Time trials until GT6, and probably won't run many then. Just gets me in a bad mood :(

New splits, great car and track, lots of challenges, and you can not make mistakes.

I keep losing 2 tenths in one of the sectors and then finding them in others. :grumpy:

It didn't take long to remember why this isn't my favourite track. Think I'm probably done with Time trials until GT6, and probably won't run many then. Just gets me in a bad mood :(
Motegi is one of the more frustrating tracks... just about any mistake anywhere on the lap costs huge amounts of time. I'm not a huge fan of it either but it is rewarding when you nail a couple of decent laps.

Its been a good test of patience with my new wheel but ultimately, I'm no faster with it. (Does that mean I don't deserve it? :P) Consistency is marginally better and its definitely more fun but I can't nail those last few tenths together. Probably done with it for now while I experiment with my CSW on lots of my favourite combos. Maybe a last run Monday but not much hope of improving to be honest. Good luck guys. :cheers:

Just had my first 5 laps at this combo, apart from GTA2012 haven't run here at all so learning lots. Just want to get a time on the board to see easier where I need to improve

Here's my opening splits:

----------

15 laps in now, still learning, PB's would put me .5 better at T3, but giving up for tonight.

Last edited:
This combo just makes me frusterated.. :lol: I'm getting T1 much better now, just now T2 is killing me

Well it looks like I will have the time for this excellent combo :) But the downfall is, this will be my last event, and even my last hours and km's on GT5.

I would like to thank to the founders of WRS and the people who made it all possible for me to enjoy my GT5 game untill the last day. All the progress I made trough those 2 years full of fun and above all, clean driving. Thank you Tim, Kevin, Lucas, Vaxen, Pekka, Speedy, Jon, and many many more. It has been fun, and I am sure to see you guys again in GT6.

But first; Let's tame this little Italian Horsy :D

First splits :

Last edited:
Back