5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
OK, thanks for clearing it up, I was thinking you were going somewhere else with that. A fully de-tuned 2CV is not my idea of fun :P

So far, the best I've been able to do was win with 340PP in a Spoon Fit Race Car (Cape Ring). Other cars with same/lower PP haven't been able to win yet for me.

NEED HELP FOR DAYTONA: Go for the SHO (Nice Pun), no tuning, used with no oil change or engine rebuild, easy win
NEED HELP FOR EVERYWHERE ELSE: Buy the Racing Car Pack, use your Prius TC ticket, 50% Power Limiter, minimum downforce, 200 KG Ballast at position of your choice. Sports Hard tires and all are easy wins (CSR5 is the hardest, took a couple of tries, but you get 750K a try, so its worth it.)

I thought I saw it before, but I can't find the Prius tune anywhere? So my car (double clutch, fly wheel, ect), only manages a 3rd usually.

So, can't quite win Cape ring in the 28X range, with the hybrid battery conservation technique, but I think it'd be fun to try (starting higher) with a Lupo GTI, then working my way down, not sure if it'll come as close as below 300 (and me winning) but we'll see.

The Polo GTi using the setup posted in the early pages has been a lot of fun around the Cape. Working down, so far have worked back to 335PP for a 1.5xx million payout. The key is avoiding the blockers and finding someone to hook up with for a drag down the main straight to get me that extra time that I need, I don't think skillwise I'm any where near the 305PP winner but we'll see how it goes. I could maybe get down to 325 or 330PP and that would be my limitation I am thinking.

As has been said....having a ball trying different cars and permutations.

I'm going to concentrate on Cape Ring using the Fiat 500 1.2 8V SS '08. Had a quick go at 380 PP and won fairly easily so I'll se how low I can go with some tuning. I'll report back if I manage to break any records, lol. Will try with the Prius also after the Fiat. I'll post tunes later if anyone is interested. Peace.

My driving skill is no where near what you guys are doing. So I've got the noob questions.

What makes the Prius that much better? How do you 'recharge/load' the battery pack?

I've seen people talk about the CR-Z as well. Why has no one tried the Honda Insight? Either the new one or the one in the UCD. Why not the Nissan Leaf either? Just random curious questions. Thanks guys!

My driving skill is no where near what you guys are doing. So I've got the noob questions.

What makes the Prius that much better? How do you 'recharge/load' the battery pack?

I've seen people talk about the CR-Z as well. Why has no one tried the Honda Insight? Either the new one or the one in the UCD. Why not the Nissan Leaf either? Just random curious questions. Thanks guys!

Prius TC has downforce.
To recharge, just let of the gas (Below half full is the minimum)
Insight and Leaf don't have downforce and aren't hybrids

Hmmm... Coulda sworn the Insight was a hybrid. Yea I know the Leaf is all electric and only goes 92 MPH for me down the straight at Cape ring. Managed to do it with 330PP though to first place, that's something for me.... I couldn't catch them down any straight but sliced and diced them through the turns.

Are you guys just screwing around in the Prii, or is there an actual benefit (besides torque at 0RPM ) to using them for this event? Thanks for educating a noob!

I'm going to concentrate on Cape Ring using the Fiat 500 1.2 8V SS '08. Had a quick go at 380 PP and won fairly easily so I'll se how low I can go with some tuning. I'll report back if I manage to break any records, lol. Will try with the Prius also after the Fiat. I'll post tunes later if anyone is interested. Peace.

Mine Prius is on share with 288pp tune feel free to try it 👍
It's prety easy win with 288pp but when you lower it 280pp then you got bit more work to do 👍
Edit: I got free trade slot today so if someone needs Prius I can send one :)
So first get it 👍

Last edited:
If you have the 03 Prius I may want to take it for a test ride for that event. I've just bought a few of the 09's to mess around with weight reductions and whatnot.

If you have the 03 Prius I may want to take it for a test ride for that event. I've just bought a few of the 09's to mess around with weight reductions and whatnot.

Ok its yours then fr urabus098 👍
Edit: I'v done Cape with it 284pp but its tuned 288pp credit grinder :lol:

Sent and appreciated very much. When I 'borrow' it I'll be able to mess with suspension settings and whatnot on my own? Or will I not be able to change anything without messing something up on your end? Yup. Complete noob over here.

Sent and appreciated very much. When I 'borrow' it I'll be able to mess with suspension settings and whatnot on my own? Or will I not be able to change anything without messing something up on your end? Yup. Complete noob over here.

I send your own now and put mine again on share then..
And if you borrow mine You can do what you want to setup, It doesn change anything on mine.. 👍

Wow that was insanely nice of you.... Would you like anything in return? I don't have much and by the looks of it you seem to have everything in the game lol.

Wow that was insanely nice of you.... Would you like anything in return? I don't have much and by the looks of it you seem to have everything in the game lol.

Yes I have everything :)
So anything no needed thanks 👍
Have nice day :)

Last edited:
Prius TC has downforce.
To recharge, just let of the gas (Below half full is the minimum)
Insight and Leaf don't have downforce and aren't hybrids

The Insight is a hybrid, just tested it out. It's not that great =\

However it does have an adjustable transmission available. Might not be too bad if you can figure out how to tune it properly....

Just got black oils to my Prius and pp doesn't go lower and car goes only 120km\h :lol:
Edit: just noticed Adding Sports ECU doesnt raise hp or pp but it change bit torque range, must try later what stage3 engine tuning does :)
Edit2: It raised pp290 so no good luck with it..
Edit3:easily done with 282pp after adding sport ECU

Last edited:
I tested a 170pp 2CV Type A with 200kg ballast for fun. I am surprised to receive cr.829,657 for last place at Eifel.

did the same with 164 PP..finished 9 minutes after the leader on Daytona...credits 560.xxx ...correction 540.xxx for low PP...lol

These races are great! This was the first seasonal I completed all the races in.

I did all of them in a stock 394PP Opel Vectra 3.2 V6 '03. Surprisingly, this was the perfect car, as all the races were very close finishes that required nearly perfect laps from me, except Cape Ring, which I won by quite a bit more. I was pretty satisfied by the fact that those four races at about the same level of performance. A lot of A-spec races are so different that if you just barely win at one race, you either blow the competition away or fail miserably in the next one.

I'll have to try a lower PP car at Cape Ring. From the posts above it seems you can get away with pretty low numbers.

Latest Posts

Back