5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
Got the job done with 288PP,i lifted off the throttle a few times going downhill,and half throttle after the usuall jump part of the track,didnt have to block at all

540175_178117465649077_100003524733541_250400_1913965882_n.jpg

Edit: I did it again with 285PP,lifted big time on the last lap,going down hill and had charge coming onto the finish straight,crossing it at 90 MPH
I used a prius @ 62HP,1124kg's,now it says 286PP,brand new,stage 1 engine mod,and the rest that doesnt change PP,like suspension,dropped on its guts,15/15 springs,5/5/5/ diff

Last edited:
I used a completely standard Nissan Primera 20V (EU) '01 (395pp). Won all 5 races at the first attempt. Who'd have thought an old Primera could reach 157mph at Daytona? I was impressed

Got the job done with 288PP,i lifted off the throttle a few times going downhill,and half throttle after the usuall jump part of the track,didnt have to block at all

Nice. Which car did you use?

Tried the Cape ring with 370pp Integra Type R, pretty rough driving with several mistakes spread over the 5 laps but still manage to finish the race in 9:57.xxx, leaving a gap of more than 10 seconds to 2nd car. Will try to lower the pp even more, see how low can i go and still winning ... great fun

tsukuba is quite challenging under 400pp

I beat Tsukuba without much trouble with the Spoon Fit race car at 381PP (130HP, 900kg - stock power with all weight reductions); need to try it with less PP and see what I can do. Great car for this seasonal, I highly recommend it. Now working on ratcheting down the PP at Cape Ring....

Could it be possible for the OP to add the cars for each track that pays out the most EXP/XP. Would be very helpful, rather than searching through countless pages trying to find. :)

Having a lot of fun with these new seasonals. It's kind of like the Forza "No Assists = More Pay" except better in my opinion. I'm constantly trying out new cars to get more and more pay.

The Prius TC has a very unfair advantage! For a couple of hours I was trying different cars on SSR5 and could only get 2nd. I brought out the Pink Pig and it crushed the field by the end of the 3rd lap!

Super fun and rewarding challenge for highly skilled drivers. Reward is 1.5million credits for 10m and 10s race.

Car: Nissan Micra from the premium dealership.

PP: 336

With this combo, I was able to gain the lead half way through the final lap with no less than three Integra's fighting for first. I think you could possibly edge this down to 330pp and win this on the final corner if you're one of those "alien" drivers.

The set up I used:

HP: 106
Weight: 1140KG
Weight Distribution: 58/42

Suspension:
Ride height: -12 -20
Springs: 9.3 - 4.9
Extension: 6 - 2
Compression: 5 - 2
Roll Bars: 3 - 1
Camber: 3.2 - 1.3
Toe: -0.15 -0.64

Transmission:
Top Speed: 112mph
Final gear: 3.900
1st: 3.183
2nd: 2.253
3rd: 1.708
4th: 1.409
5th: 1.220

LSD:
Initial: 14
Acceleration: 13
Decellaration: 16

Brake Bias: 3 - 5
This just doesn't add up. First it's March that you can buy, there's no Micras in NCD(yeah, it's the same car but still). There's 105 HP in the car when you buy it, 110 if you change the oil ? Original weight of the car is 960 kg and if I add weight to 1140kg, the PP drops to 328. As for the gears, I can't set fifth gear higher than 1.204, but that might be because I use kilometers not miles. 112mph= 180,208kmh so the missing ,208kmh might be the case.

E. And the track would be ?

Just got Cape Ring done with stantard Prius easily 👍
Just let batteries load before every corner :)

71hp 288pp 1125kg.

Last edited:
What are some of the cars you guys are are using for the new 430pp event? Im enjoying trying out a lot of cars ive never driven before. One example is the TRD Celica, its a great car.

Why do people say the HPA R32 is illusive its a prize car anyway.

It's elusive, because it's a standard car that never appears in the UCD. So the only possibility to get it (besides trading) is once as a prize car. (or if PD choose to offer it in the OCD like they currently do)

I'm not a fan of doing things overly complicated so I'm currently grinding Cape Ring in a bone stock Swift Sport '07.
No oil change, no mods, only sport hard tyres.
Wins comfortably with the Focus, ITR, CTR, or Megane at the front.

Just did the rest,Spoon CR-Z 389PP for the kart track,Peugeot 207 GTI '07 386PP for Tskuba,Honda Civic 1500 CX '79 @ 430PP for Toyko,the very first car i remember steering, on dads knee :)

This just doesn't add up. First it's March that you can buy, there's no Micras in NCD(yeah, it's the same car but still). There's 105 HP in the car when you buy it, 110 if you change the oil ? Original weight of the car is 960 kg and if I add weight to 1140kg, the PP drops to 328. As for the gears, I can't set fifth gear higher than 1.204, but that might be because I use kilometers not miles. 112mph= 180,208kmh so the missing ,208kmh might be the case.

* It's called a Micra where I come from, that's just being nit picky.

* Engine break in gains power

* I'm almost certain it depends what order you change the transmission - whether you change the top speed first and then the final gear, or vice versa - can alter things a bit.

* Fit and take out other components to change the car's torque, but use the power limiter to keep the same hp. This also alters the PP, even if two different set ups have the same weight and horsepower.

Great seasonal events for stock and tuned MINIs!
Love the new Performance Difference Bonus (so far got a 720000 cr reward on Cape Ring, but hoping for more to come).

Regarding Daytona I had a pretty hard time using MINIs and the downgraded Prius TC. After a few attempts (best score : 4th place, try again), I scrolled down in my garage list and found the 430PP Alfa Romeo GT, which did the job pretty well (top speed 264kmh, took the lead during the 3rd lap).

hah, do I have the record now :P?

This is all thanks to the good experimental work done from the guys before me in this thread, especially JK's tune and tip of letting the battery load as much as possible for the first couple laps for the sprint to the end.

Very fun seasonal, very good payout.

Gonna put up a video of my run for people to watch in a bit as well, with my PVR :cheers:

Get money!

b2zXe.jpg

YZ2YQ.jpg

Ct9Jr.jpg

I'm positive someone can figure out an even lower PP run with more weight and better battery management, so get out there boys!

Wardez
hah, do I have the record now :P?

This is all thanks to the good experimental work done from the guys before me in this thread, especially JK's tune and tip of letting the battery load as much as possible for the first couple laps for the sprint to the end.

Very fun seasonal, very good payout.

Gonna put up a video of my run for people to watch in a bit as well, with my PVR :cheers:

Get money!

I'm positive someone can figure out an even lower PP run with more weight and better battery management, so get out there boys!

Does someone tries the cr-z? I won yesterday easy with about 310 pp

Here's the video of my run:

As you'll notice, my battery ran out just as I passed for the lead on the big carousel, talk about timing!

Last edited:
Just got Cape Ring done with stantard Prius easily 👍
Just let batteries load before every corner :)

When you say 'let the batteries load before every corner' how do we do that, are they regenerative from the brakes or something?

How you made this video? Holding the phone an recording, thats not the solution

I have one of these:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

EjrjE.jpg

zmf0j.jpg

Check my Youtube channel for lots more videos 👍:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wardezarchives

When you say 'let the batteries load before every corner' how do we do that, are they regenerative from the brakes or something?

Conza, use my video as a guide. Look closely and you'll see me lifting off the throttle at points in the video.

In the premium prius if you use under half throttle it doesnt use the battery i think.

In the premium prius if you use under half throttle it doesnt use the battery i think.

It's the same for all the Priuses. Check my video and you'll notice I'm using half throttle at some points and loading the battery.

I'ts about timing when you start engine braking before corner, I noticed this morning it could help and it realy helps :)
Tryed run full gas and batteries was empty after 4th lap.

Ok, so Red means using? Green means stand-by? Or is Red recharging from braking? I've paused at about 2:20 just after that long straight, and I noticed you were sort of coasting along there for a moment, which I'm guessing is intentional to save on battery, and you could sort of afford to because the cars immediately behind weren't in danger of overtaking you? I'll continue watching and come back after a couple more laps to see if I get it.

EDIT: Ok, the battery may or may not recharge on braking, but mostly the idea is that the battery will last for 3.5-4 laps under constant accelerating, so you need to conserve your battery by using 0-50% throttle down some of the hills, after the 'ring' ect, in order to have enough energy left, to then race at 100% the rest of the time. And, its finding out how soon you can stop conserving and start racing, with as little PP as possible. I think I get it now.

Last edited:
Back