600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Central PA, apparently this has been flooding half the US as it makes rounds.
Paused dead on top of us though.
It's a shame mother nature decided not to spread out the rain. In Texas over 1,000 homes and counting have been destroyed by wildfires this year due to the lack of rain and 68 days of 100 plus degree heat this summer. On a lighter note, I want to say thanks to everyone for another great shootout. Good to see that my No Stripe GT was enjoyable for so many testers and tuners it is a special car in GT5. Congrats to Praiano and Zerospeed on their wins 👍👍 and hope to see everyone back again for the next one.

Fastest Total Time: Praiano - 2 Items off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Speedway: Praiano - 1 item off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Road Course: zero_speed - 1 item off prize list.

Fastest Combined Average: ACSR421 - 2 items off prize list.
Fastest @ Speedway: Desperado -1 item off prize list.
Fastest @ Road Course: ACSR421 - 1 item off prize list list.
Driver's Choice: - 1 item off prize list.

This is the prize list, the results are in post 3.

It would seem we're missing a substantial amount of drivers choice votes, I don't need written text, just something saying what your favorite is. 👍

Thanks for the link and information. Was there in Pittsburgh visiting the then in-laws back in '98 when that section of the city got flooded out by the tornadoes. Luckily the neighborhood they live in (about a block and a half from where Mister Rogers lived:D) is much higher so they should just be wet unless they had problems with the basement flooding again. (Very old house, used to be the gatehouse for the Heinz estate.)

Anyways I copied my short bit about favorite cars and my drivers choice to my times post here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5767468#post5767468

Oh and go Outlaws! CSLACR grabbing the fastest overall and ACSR421 getting fastest road course is great stuff.👍👍:cheers::gtpflag:

I hope I am not reading this wrong, but I added some details...

Tester results:
Fastest Total Time: Praiano - 2 Items off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Speedway: Praiano - 1 item off prize list.
Fastest Lap @ Road Course: zero_speed - 1 item off prize list.

Tuner results:
Fastest Combined Average: ACSR421 - 2 items off prize list.
Fastest @ Speedway: Desperado -1 item off prize list.
Fastest @ Road Course: ACSR421 - 1 item off prize list list.
Driver's Choice: - 1 item off prize list.

This is the prize list, the results are in post 3.

Congrats to the winners! Great job everyone, and thanks CSLACR for putting this on for us. Great fun!

Edit: What stands out to me is that ACSR421 and Desperado prevailed in RWD cars against an army of 4WD cars at the top of the standings. Fantastic accomplishment! Also, Praiano and zero_speed being ~2 1/2 sec faster than the rest of the testers, wow! And a special award to CSLACR for impressive display of modesty.

Last edited:
GREAT JOB everyone!!!! This shootout was alot of fun. I got a lot of feed back that will help me in the future, and alot of encouragement for my tune even if it wasn't the fastest is seems it was at least o.k. to drive and I can build on that. Great job to Praiano:bowdown:. Zero_speed 👍. ASR421 :D. and Desperado :sly:. For showing us how it's done on oval and the road. And of course to ASLACR for putting it all together, AWESOME job! have a fun drive everyone :dopey:

P.S. ASLACR I hope you're doing well and the krenkme family wishes you luck, and everyone else that might be affected by the weather.

CSLACR
Central PA, apparently this has been flooding half the US as it makes rounds.
Paused dead on top of us though.

Take care of yourself pretty lady. ;)
There seems to be a lot going on over there. If you all start getting hungry and attacked by bugs, I would run to church. (fire, flood, famine & pestilence. It's in the bible I believe.) ;)

I have sent Praiano a message about his tickets. I can't workout the GT5 server maintenance times. I think they might be a day early in my head.

Edit: I have sent 2 tickets to Praiano. 1 to go after the next reset.

Last edited:
Driver's choice: ACSR's GT No Stripe - for surprising me the most.

One of the best things about being a tester, especially if you've run the track with your own cars beforehand, is improving your own best times using these cars. It might be someone else's tune, but I did get that lap time - it's very satisfying.

Prior to the shootout my own best time was with a GT-R, so dr_slump's car, though it blew me away, wasn't quite the shocker that the GT was. I would award it runner-up driver's choice for giving me my first and only 1:27 on the road track.

Honourable mentions to Krenkme for his 300C - I really do enjoy these oddball vehicles the most in some ways. I also realize that the tuner has to take a hit for doing so, but I'm glad they try anyway. That's probably what I would do if I were a tuner. And to Desperado for his Cien, such a cool car to drive. Like a spaceship on wheels. :)

smrtb0mb, Desperado, & Ealirendur Drivers Choice votes needed yet.
Uhm...I already stated my drivers choice and copied that post back to my time results post.

Oh well ACSR421 is my drivers choice.

Dammit, enough shilly-shally! (Actually, I was hoping to jump in CSL's R8 again - I drove it early, and I wanted to check it out again).

As I said the most enjoyable and surprising cars (that were also fast) were the R8, the GT, the 458, and the ZZ-II; I unintentionally left out the Cien, which shamelessly exploited its speedway advantage and gave me huge grins.

I felt the R8 and the ZZ-II were amazing tunes that ruthlessly brought their platforms near the top on both tracks, with the R8 perhaps being the more surprising given the base car (I know I left .5 without much effort out there). The GT was an absolutely amazing car, but I haven't driven it before to know how much it has been tamed/unleashed; that's not ACSR's fault, though! The Cien was a great lateral-thinking choice, and was well worked, but I think it still needs some taming.

My driver's choice is, very narrowly ... Roj's 458. For using the least rake *8) Actually, I think he's done a great job with that car (and it's a much-plowed field, so a difficult row to hoe) - I loved the feel, and wish I'd been able to give it some more (or rather less, by about a second, I think) time on the road track.

Uhm...I already stated my drivers choice and copied that post back to my time results post.

Oh well ACSR421 is my drivers choice.
Must have missed it. :embarrassed:

ACSR412's GT no stripe (4 votes) it is then. 👍
Praiano had 3 votes.
DigitalBaka, Myself, and Roj each had a mention.

ACSR you can pm me whatever 4 off the list you like. 👍
And Desperado 1 for Fastest at speedway. 👍

Must have missed it. :embarrassed:

ACSR412's GT no stripe (4 votes) it is then. 👍
Praiano had 3 votes.
DigitalBaka, Myself, and Roj each had a mention.

You, Sir, were robbed ... can I have the keys again please..?? :mischievous:

{Cy}

PS - j/k ... as I believe I said in my write up, ACSR412 quite probably deserved the Driver's choice...

No love for the pink passenger liner? But it's an ocean liner looking Audi, poorly tuned and pink. What more can one ask for? ;)

I didn't commit to drive this series as I couldn't guarantee my availability. But I wish that I had now. The diversity in the cars was a real treat.

I'll try some of the tunes on my own cars at a later stage. My learning curve continues.

A big thanks to everybody. I recieve 2 of my 3 tickets one 23 and one 21 gift. The most amazing is that there was the cars i most wanted in the game .....:):)
-Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car ’67
-Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) ’99
After burning my laptop hard disk, i needed a lucky day like this with 2 fantastics cars. They are already in test...👍👍 A tune will be published in a few days.
Good day for everybody.

Thanks to all the tuners, testers and CSLACR for all the hard work put in to make this shootout happen. :cheers:

8th overall isn't too shabby, I'm just happy my 458 worked on both tracks consistently. :)

A big thanks to everybody. I recieve 2 of my 3 tickets one 23 and one 21 gift. The most amazing is that there was the cars i most wanted in the game .....:):)
After burning my laptop hard disk, i needed a lucky day like this with 2 fantastics cars. They are already in test...👍👍 A tune will be published in a few days.
Good day for everybody.

That is fantastic luck! I got my 1967 birthday ticket last night and spent an hour running the Historic Racing Car Cup in the 330 P4. That race is definitely the most fun to be had in A-Spec. 👍

Thanks to all the tuners, testers and CSLACR for all the hard work put in to make this shootout happen. :cheers:

8th overall isn't too shabby, I'm just happy my 458 worked on both tracks consistently. :)

I think the 458 did very well against all the 4WD competition. I have only participated in the last two shootouts, but my suggestion for the next person who hosts a shootout in the 525-600pp range is to limit it to RWD cars. I was working on a SP1 and a ZR1 but abandoned them for a car that wasn't giving me any wheelspin issues. But taking on the challenge to keep traction under acceleration should be part of the competition.

Congrats to Praiano and all the other tuners. The variety was good and the competition was close, not much else you could ask for.

I was thinking to throw my amateur hat in the ring for the next comptetition as it looks like great fun and I'd appreciate some feedback on some of my tunes without having to open a garage. I really wish it was easier to do this sort of thing online as the tunes would be much more useful to the viewing public if they were usable online.

Congrats to Praiano and all the other tuners. The variety was good and the competition was close, not much else you could ask for.

I was thinking to throw my amateur hat in the ring for the next comptetition as it looks like great fun and I'd appreciate some feedback on some of my tunes without having to open a garage. I really wish it was easier to do this sort of thing online as the tunes would be much more useful to the viewing public if they were usable online.
Will be looking forward to your participation in future events.👍👍
You might consider joining one of the tuning garages already active here. It would give you someone to share ideas with and get feedback from without needing to establish a garage yourself.
While its true many people are looking only for tunes they can race online, the various seasonal events provide a good place to put "offline" tunes to work. Instead of always going for the fastest payday try a few of the shootout tunes in various seasonals and enjoy driving something different. Also shootout tunes that show the potential of a possibly overlooked car can lead to an online tune, or adjustment of the shootout tune.

I thought I heard you can take shared cars online now? I haven't checked, but if you can online I assume will be the goal.
I know I wanted this online, but without being able to borrow tunes it makes it drastically more difficult.

Thanks a lot, i want to go to vegas with you. The way you send me only the better car, we can stay rich.:):)👍

-Miura lambo

Yes I was very lucky too. Ferrari F1 for me. That was very cool.

👍

I sent ACSR421 his first ticket, (2008) unfortunetly "console sends per day" is slowing me down. :(
Some very good potential prizes from 08, 09, 10, 67 tickets. :eek: Good choices.

Bump. ;)

No really, this thread has some gems that could come in handy with the new time trial.

Yes ,there are some fantastic cars in there, the ACSR421 -Ford GT '05 "no stripe" is a real gem, for me the best GT no stripe tune ever.
The only problem is that they are tuned with R2 tires and the seasonal is sport hard. Totally different tune.
A friend is in top 50 with my 2J tune 650PP , and i think my 458 italia can make good at 600PP. I don´t have time to race it for the moment , i hope i will this week end before my trip.

Back