7/4/12 - A-Spec: Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge

F-duct. The F10 had it. It's an air channel that goes through the cockpit; when the driver blocks it, it reduces air to the wing, reducing downforce, which, in turn, reduces drag and increases top speed. Very useful tool, so useful it was banned. McLaren had one, but the only McLaren F1 in this game isn't an actual F1.

I love F2007 but I gotta say .... it's MUCH better than the F10 but in this seasonal is worse. It's harder F2007 (800pp) vs F2007 (871pp) than F10 (795pp) vs F10 (871pp). :(

It's underspowered ... understeers more or simply doesn't turn. I will stay with the F10 now.

I love F2007 but I gotta say .... it's MUCH better than the F10 but in this seasonal is worse. It's harder F2007 (800pp) vs F2007 (871pp) than F10 (795pp) vs F10 (871pp). :(

It's underspowered ... understeers more or simply doesn't turn. I will stay with the F10 now.

^^My opinion too.

The F-Duct isn't utilised in GT5 unfortunately.

I've been using the F2007 from the start & I've had no problems with it like other users are having such as it being underpowered or understeering.

Of course when I reduce the PP by limiting the power I struggle top speed wise but since I have full aerodynamics on I more than easily make the time up via the corners.

If your car isn't turning you've reduced the aerodynamics too much.

If you feel your car hasn't enough power then you really should try slip streaming, I'm running on a low HP set-up yet I can still reach 200+MPH through slip stream.

Last edited:
That's weird, I did that race at 798PP with 200% login bonus and got less than that, not much less though. Wonder if it was because you added ballast, mine was stock, just reduced the engine power.

Just won with 795PP, this is what I got:

3,124,535 CR (2,219,135 PDA)
502465 XP (356865 PDA) :eek:

Was it hard?

I'm not a very good driver... so I'm wondering... did you use a wheel or a DS3?

That'd be an awesome race to get to LV40! :drool::drool:

Did Nurburgring24H 1st At 800PP
(PDA =2.189 mill) total= 3.095 Million Cr

Last lap was 6:55
Aero
Full front /Rear 180
Ballast 135kg 0 possition
69.5% engine power 501Hp
Trans Top speed 193
6th gear 1.470
7th gear 1.238
LSD 10/12/5
Suspension
16.8/17.0 springs
6/7Ext
6/7comp
6/5 Roll bar

Camber 4.0 front and back
toe -15/.50
Set your ABS on and go 10/10 brake force and you'll really! have the advantage under braking :D
The setup is abit understeer'y to compensate for low rear downforce
Good Luck
EDIT
Haha almost forgot
F2007 BTW :lol:

Using a modified version of this setup, I did Rome at 800PP and 810PP, 800 is not worth it on this course, you might as well add power because the difference was only 100,000 credits, totaling at 2.1million at 800, and 2million at 810. I'll list the changes I made when i'm done with this b-spec event.
By the way, the brakes...:drool:

Alright, here are the changes.
Aero: Max/162
Ballast: 155@-19
Power Limiter: 540@74.9(Car is fully broken in, may be different)
Camber: 2.5/2.5
Add power for an easy win at Rome, take it to 810 and you should win by 5+ seconds for a good amount of credits, you should be lapping in around 54 seconds.

Last edited:
Was it hard?

I'm not a very good driver... so I'm wondering... did you use a wheel or a DS3?

That'd be an awesome race to get to LV40! :drool::drool:

Not really no, i'm not a very good driver either really compared to some of the guys on GTP. I use a DS3, won the race by a little over 3 seconds, very exciting but it always looked like I would win it if you know what I mean, despite the minimal gap. 👍

I havn't tryed those challenges yet but what is easyest\fastest track to do about 2mil cr? (I got zero skils with F1 cars :lol: )
(got to finish my X1 collection ,2 more needed and Im kinda bored to FF with Prius :lol: )

Last edited:
JK83
I hanv't tryed those challenges yet but what is easyest\fastest track to do about 2mil cr? (I got zero skils with F1 cars :lol: )
(got to finish my X1 collection ,2 more needed and Im kinda bored to FF with Prius :lol: )

Use the 2J and drive some A-spec 4 seasonals., 1M for 6.30min.
Anyway, to anwser your question: the Ring 24h layout. 820pp->easy win!

...Anyway, to anwser your question: the Ring 24h layout. 820pp->easy win!
Are you sure that's the easiest for someone who doesn't normally drive these beasts? :sly:

I'd say Indy or Rome - okay, that won't net you 2 mil but if you do them both it will...

Since I only play with DS3, I can say that I really hate driving F1, FGT and even more the redbull x2010. Maybe a seasonals I won't even give a try to keep my ds3 controller safe from being broke in half.

Amen to that, although the Ferrari s seem the easiest to drive of the +800 pp cars with the controller. Was fastest car on track at Indy but couldn't catch leaders, other tracks hopeless.

This seasonal is not easy, not succeeded yet at nurb with the F1 2007, the 20 sec difference at the start is really not easy to recover

I like nurb anyway, nice to have 3 seasonals there now (750pp, 650pp, and this 820PP F1) Hope there will be some lower PP seasonal at nurb, e.g., clio cup around 500pp or a beetlle challenge before or just after the night just for sightseeing;

By the way if PD read that (I don't think so) please also give us a 24h time change cycle over a 5-6 laps A-spec event like we had with an expert B-spec seasonal at Le Mans some months ago, with a pit stop required in the middle

Since I only play with DS3, I can say that I really hate driving F1, FGT and even more the redbull x2010. Maybe a seasonals I won't even give a try to keep my ds3 controller safe from being broke in half.

I used to have that problem in GT4, but have had no such problem with GT5.
There are a few things you could try:

Try to use as little aids as possible, bcoz ultimately they do cost you in speed.
I don't even use tcs any more! Only abs on 1. But F1s, i do need the skid recovery force on.

Also my brake balance is ft 9 /rr 10 & i've marvelled at how well i've been braking/sliding into corners (only mildly) & feathering the throttle during & exiting corners.

The only other thing i can suggest is your controller sensitivity. Mine is set on 5 & allows me to brake without your wheels locking up & accelerate without wheelspin.

Finally you need to be in a calm & focused state of mind. If you've got distracting people around you, you're tired or you're getting frustrated; it's pointless

I love these F1 races now. it's the ultimate test in mental toughness & composure under pressure. :D

Last edited:
I couldn't decide whether to buy the F2007 or F10. Then it was decided for me: I won the F2007 as a prize! :D ...Can't recall how i got it though!?

...Anyway, i've been considering getting the F10 as well but i've heard that the F2007 is actually the better car in terms of handling, cornering, etc.

Can anyone who has driven both please let me know as to whether or not the F10 is worth buying?

Just did the Nurb with F2007 at 785pp and got 3.4 million :D

My setup:
-max aero
-120kg ballast at 7
-power limited to reach 785pp
-brakes set at 8, 8
-made tranny as short as possible then extended 7th to top out at 200
-left suspension alone, it works just fine for me

First lap was 6'58.xxx
Second lap was 6'57.xxx

Going to try 780pp tomorrow. I'm betting that the fast guys with a good setup can get into the 77Xpp range

Could some1 let me borrow there Ferrari f1 car?

If you add me, i'll put it up online when i'm done with it it.

I took it offline a few hours ago so i could use it, but it's 10pp over the limit and for some reason it won't let me go into the settings. :(

I discovered it was still shared online after all!? :dunce: When i did make sure it was offline, i was then able to adjust the settings, etc.

Last edited:
The bumpyness of The 'Ring couldn't just be taken away to make it safer..

Not too long ago someone made a kickin' documentary about f1 in the 60's and 70's. Not sure about the name (Killer years or something like that).

Grand Prix: The Killer Years

Must see for any F1 fan ... the sport used to be crazy dangerous.

I can't believe some who works in the racing industry would need to ask.
To answer your question many people feel that F1 cars are the ultimate racing machine and that the Nurburgring is the ultimate test of driver skill.

+1. Best race cars on the best track in the world.

Loving PD for these seasonals. The previous Ferrari F1 seasonals were my all time favorites ... this is better because of the inclusion of Nurb.

Nurb is just about knowing the track. The F2007 is easy to drive, it's just that everything happens very quickly. I can get first place before the end of the first lap at Nurb, stock, no settings changes, ABS only for aids. The other tracks will be harder for me but it's all good fun.

Would someone be kind enough to add me on PSN and share one of their Ferrari F1's with me? :embarrassed:

I've done 2 of them so far.
I started with Indy-Road course because i find that the easiest of the 5 tracks chosen. Nice & smooth all the way & took the lead on the 8th lap.

Tokyo is hard, i won't dispute that. I had to restart 3-4 times while i got used to the track. I was about to take the lead at the end of the 7th when i stuffed up at that last right-angle corner. Cost me at least 4 seconds with the 3rd-placed guy then hot on my tail. I knew i had to pull the hottest lap i could possibly manage without losing it, to stand a chance & nailed it with my fastest lap of 1:16.951! I caught right up to him & took the lead on the 9th lap to win by 2.5 seconds!

What a race that was. I must have tcs off so i can feel what the car is doing. What a thrill it is to drive 'on-the-edge' of losing it with the the skill of not applying too much power for the degree of steering. I'm only using the standard controller, but i can feel the vibration telling me, "Don't apply any more power while turning this hard or you'll lose it!"

Now that's "Living on the edge" !? ;D

Last edited:
Ferrari F10
612hp, 560kg, 870PP
Oil change but not broken in.
Tuned with DS3.

7512701440_84dae1a031.jpg

This tune was built for the July 2012 Expert A-Spec Seasonal and specifically for the Indy Road Course. I didn't take the time yet to try cranking the PP level lower and lower. This tune was about achieving corner speed without killing the DS3 users. If a DS3 user still finds this car too twitchy, turn down your steering sensativity.

If you like this tune, feel free to post your feedback. Let me know how low you were able to crank the PP level and still get the win. I took the lead on the beginning of lap 7. You?

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Hard Tires

Online Monaco Tune
RH na/na
Springs 17.0/16.7
Dampers ext 7/7
Dampers comp 6/5
ARB 6/6
Camber 3.0/2.0
Toe -0.12/0.29
LSD 21/14/26
Brake 4/3
Downforce 150/195
Balast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 45/55
Power Limiter 86.1%

Set Final Gear to 6.500
Set Top Speed to 186 mph
1st gear 4.185
2nd gear 3.040
3rd gear 2.305
4th gear 1.855
5th gear 1.555
6th gear 1.345
7th gear 1.190
Final gear 5.400
Top Speed 300km/186mph
Top Speed read out 221mph

Last edited:
Just finished all of them, stock F2007, engine limited down to 871 pp. Found Nurb 24 to be the easiest, Tokyo the hardest. The Eifel track is pretty fun, lots of totally blind corners that are fun to nail. Good seasonal. Will try the F10 next.

The only negative about this seasonal is the same as the last time they did one, the AI brake stupid early for the corners. Oh well, maybe GT6 will have an improved AI.

The only negative about this seasonal is the same as the last time they did one, the AI brake stupid early for the corners. Oh well, maybe GT6 will have an improved AI.

Definitely! I just experienced that with the Eifel 'whatever-it-is' circuit.

A lot of the corners where the AI brake quite hard, i was able to fly through by simply lifting the accelerator!? ...Providing i entered such corners from wide enough on the track, that is. I noticed the AI would always drive straight to the inside of a corner & then wonder why they have to slow right down. What the hell?! LOL...

My motto: If you're not using every inch of the track, you're not going fast enough. ;)

Now onto Rome, i suspect this 1 to be quite difficult. Leaving Nurburgring 24HR to last in case there's a fatality!? :D

Last edited:
Are any of these events good for grinding credits (easily)?

As a benchmark of my skill, I've been using the Online challenge #4 at the nurburgring to grind credits.

I struggled to get 1st on cape ring FF challenge with the Prius at 325 PP (could only do it with the megane on pole) and couldn't complete it at 320PP, so I gave up on it.

Did Nurburgring24H 1st At 800PP
(PDA =2.189 mill) total= 3.095 Million Cr

Last lap was 6:55
Aero
Full front /Rear 180
Ballast 135kg 0 possition
69.5% engine power 501Hp
Trans Top speed 193
6th gear 1.470
7th gear 1.238
LSD 10/12/5
Suspension
16.8/17.0 springs
6/7Ext
6/7comp
6/5 Roll bar

Camber 4.0 front and back
toe -15/.50
Set your ABS on and go 10/10 brake force and you'll really! have the advantage under braking :D
The setup is abit understeer'y to compensate for low rear downforce
Good Luck
EDIT
Haha almost forgot
F2007 BTW :lol:

Good Settup ! But you know that 0 camber will make the car more fast, like the dragsters use :dopey:

Back