7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Okay everyone who can make it...the race will commence tonight at 19.30 GMT, it will be a 50% Distance and it will feature a 15 Min Qualifying Session. The Race will be held at the Sepang International Circuit

Hi Tom,

great I will attend the race 19:30gmt (20:30uk, 21:30 german)!
See you on circuit!
We should mention that all driver aids beside of Transmission and Racing Line will be banned.

Best regards

Okay everyone who can make it...the race will commence tonight at 19.30 GMT, it will be a 50% Distance and it will feature a 15 Min Qualifying Session. The Race will be held at the Sepang International Circuit

Sweet. Im in :drool:

Hi Tom,

great I will attend the race 19:30gmt (20:30uk, 21:30 german)!
See you on circuit!
We should mention that all driver aids beside of Transmission and Racing Line will be banned.

Best regards

Oooh yeah forgot about that....can everyone who is taking part please add my psn: tombrooks97 and I will invite you! :)

Hi I've been excepted to be in the league .i won't be able to join the practice race tonight its a bit early for me but I'll be there for the race .gonna start adding to my friends list.

That race was really fustrating, we started out with 10 people going into qualifying, 2 people left which brought us down to 8 people...at the start of the race I was tagged and went straight into the back of the Mclaren, there were many incidents at the first corner resulting in another person leaving...by the end of lap 4 there were 4 drivers remaining, the other 3 were either involved in accidents and/or destroyed their vehicles, after lap 5 it started to rain, and with only 4 people left we all decided that there was no point in continuing so I decided to end the race there. I was bitterly dissapointed in the outcome but there we are, I'll see you all on the track tomorrow 👍

That race was really fustrating, we started out with 10 people going into qualifying, 2 people left which brought us down to 8 people...at the start of the race I was tagged and went straight into the back of the Mclaren, there were many incidents at the first corner resulting in another person leaving...by the end of lap 4 there were 4 drivers remaining, the other 3 were either involved in accidents and/or destroyed their vehicles, after lap 5 it started to rain, and with only 4 people left we all decided that there was no point in continuing so I decided to end the race there. I was bitterly dissapointed in the outcome but there we are, I'll see you all on the track tomorrow 👍

sorry to hear that and sorry I couldn't make it. see you tomorrow.

What are you talking about, that's exactly what we want!

Ben I hope you get well and truly plastered and are disastrously hung over come Sunday evening.

:lol:

I'm afraid although I'm extremely hungover right now, I should be race fit for tomorrow

Guys sorry!:guilty: I came back but I don't know why. I don't enjoy the game. Same as Douqa. Sorry again. Good luck and see you later!👍

Hey guys, sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out. I'm going to be busy the next few Sundays so it's probably better for you if you replace me. Thanks for the few good races, good luck with the rest of the championship!

This is a shame guys, I think there is a mass bipolar disorder somehow affecting GTPlanet at the moment as everyone seems to be coming and going. I enjoyed racing with you, never really got a chance to do battle with Shark but I did with Numb and you'll be missed.

I'll race :)

EDIT: if your still up for it... i noticed i'm 3 hours late to the party :)

No probs, Hesketh now have an all new driver line up in Mattymc96 and kcheeb

Bah, there's no point in having a public race if it's for practice. It's obviously fine inviting known friends but the truth is that most guys playing F1 2010 are still mongoloids.

Just for people's information here's the new driver line up so you're all familiar with who's in what team and who's your team mate etc.:

Team line-ups:

Benetton:
DonkeyFuzz
DarkPSI
akmuq (reserve driver)

Brabham:
upuaut
AliT12

Brawn:
Baumi27
manios22DC

Hesketh:
kcheeb
mattymc96

Jordan:
tombrooks97
pipeslice

Tyrrell:
Shaggy Alonso
Mutu20
Ardius (reserve driver)

Just to remind everyone about the race tonight, it is at 21:00 UK time which for reference is exactly 12 hours after the race started in Malaysia today, for anyone unfamiliar with the time zones.

See you all out on track 👍

I can... Although I'm useless with TC and ABS of... :L

I can... Although I'm useless with TC and ABS of... :L

You'll be fine mate....just try and get some practice in before the race and set the AI to either Professional or Legend...because that's the sort of level that we're racing at and if you do punt someone off it's not the end of the world, just apologize and move on 👍

Just a word of warning that my internet connection is very slow at the moment. Hope it sorts itself out come race time.

Race Report (from my point of view): Due to DarkPSI84 getting disconnected Shaggy decided that we would do a 50% race with random grid order so that Dark could join the race..I started on pole and got an okay start, I led into the first corner and took a wide line which I thought would give me an advantage into turn 2, unfortunatley I locked and went straight onto the grass, luckily I wasn't collected by anyone and by the time I got back on track I was in last place..by lap 4 I was in 9th place (with Manios having written off his car) I was fast apporaching Ali_T at the race of 4 secs per lap, at turn 11 I could see that he was struggling and with him being about 0.7-0.8 secs ahead of me he got onto the power too early and managed to spin, however Ali then came straight across the track just as I was coming past him I swerved to avoid him but there was nothing I could do, I plowed straight into him tearing my front wing off in the process and we both ended up in the wall. I managed to climb back up to 8th place, kcheeb was about 2 secs behind me and I made a mistake going into turn 4, went wide and he steamed past me, I found that kcheeb's downfall was during the second/early third second sector where I was much stronger, after a lap of following kcheeb, I went in for the kill in turn 5, I took the inside line but I had to back out of it to avoid a collision, after that one of the leading drivers came up behind me (no idea who, sorry!) and still being locked in battle with kcheeb, I slowed to let them past, whilst trying to keep as close to kcheeb as possible but that proved to be a bad idea as I lost ground. Lap 12 and after having been on the primes for a few laps I was really getting into my stride, but then going into turn 2, I spun dropping me back down the field. I managed again to climb my way back up to the back of kcheeb's car by lap 18, and once again we had some fantastic battles, it was like we were fighting for the lead but unfortunatley it was only 8th place :lol:, DarkPSI84 was coming up behind us along the back straight leading into turn 15, I let him past (but he was stuck behind me for a long time), but I knew that the gap over kcheeb would be compromised, however when Dark was coming into the final corner kcheeb seemed to be oblivious to Dark's presence and they then collided with a massive impact, I tore past them down the main straight, but I let Dark past at the first corner due to him being 1 lap ahead. Lap 27, kcheeb and I were still battling (after I had spun many times in my exuberance to catch him), but what I failed to realise was that Shaggy_Alonso was right behind me coming into turn 9, he pulled alongside but unfortunatley we were in the braking zone, I slammed on the brakes, locked-up and went straight into the right-rear wheel of Shaggy's car which lost him about 8 secs...I would like to apologize about the incident and any other problems that I caused for anyone in the race (because I know I caused a lot), I finished that race in 9th place i.e last, but to be fair I deserved it after the way I drove, however I did really enjoy myself and I will definitley try to capitalise on the problems I caused in China

See you guys then! 👍

Cheers for the race guys.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed it however. Qualified in 4th, probably would have been 5th had Dark not got disconnected. Constantly held up by people on their off laps, guys apparently racing with each other (???) and people just being slower then me on their hot laps who understandably would rather not yield

Started 7th on the grid and was last after turn 1. I had no choice but to go round the outside and ended up in the gravel after having to avoid a Force India who obviously got hit wide somehow. Turned from bad to worse at turn 9 where I was following Tom. He went wide and I was carrying far more pace that he was causing me to bang into him. It wasn't my fault and I can't remember if Tom was on the grass coming back on the track or if he managed to stay on the track. Wasn't sure, so I waited for him to do a 180 and get back on the track so he could re pass me.

So yeah at this point I'm 25-30 seconds behind the leaders or something like that with a mountain to climb. ****e.

I was on the hards so from there on I just drove on my own for the entire race. I was in 3rd I think for a time and had an 8 second advantage over Baumi before I made my pit stop for the softs on lap 20. After Dark overtook Baumi he was 14 seconds ahead and I managed to get that down to about 6-7 seconds.

This obviously doesn't apply to everyone but trying to lap people today was a nightmare. Lost a ridiculous amount of time today because of that.

Anyway cheers again, I suppose I better learn China now.

Cheers for the race guys.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed it however. Qualified in 4th, probably would have been 5th had Dark not got disconnected. Constantly held up by people on their off laps, guys apparently racing with each other (???) and people just being slower then me on their hot laps who understandably would rather not yield

Started 7th on the grid and was last after turn 1. I had no choice but to go round the outside and ended up in the gravel after having to avoid a Force India who obviously got hit wide somehow. Turned from bad to worse at turn 9 where I was following Tom. He went wide and I was carrying far more pace that he was causing me to bang into him. It wasn't my fault and I can't remember if Tom was on the grass coming back on the track or if he managed to stay on the track. Wasn't sure, so I waited for him to do a 180 and get back on the track so he could re pass me.

So yeah at this point I'm 25-30 seconds behind the leaders or something like that with a mountain to climb. ****e.

I was on the hards so from there on I just drove on my own for the entire race. I was in 3rd I think for a time and had an 8 second advantage over Baumi before I made my pit stop for the softs on lap 20. After Dark overtook Baumi he was 14 seconds ahead and I managed to get that down to about 6-7 seconds.

This obviously doesn't apply to everyone but trying to lap people today was a nightmare. Lost a ridiculous amount of time today because of that.

Anyway cheers again, I suppose I better learn China now.

Fairly sure the incident was my fault, as pretty much everything else was

Where to start ... Coming into the race I knew I wasn't going to be the fastest, but I set three goals for myself, drive consistently, don't take anyone out and play by the rules :) I think I accomplished one, I didn't take anyone out, although I was involved in a couple of incidents after I spun out on a corner. My apologies to those involved I had no control over the vehicle at the time of impact. I drove reasonably consistent, but still had too many offs and spins for my liking, it's amazing what a little competition will do to you. As to playing by the rules, I need to be more aware of the situations in qualifying as well as who's coming up on me. Being deeply mired in battle(s) with Tom, I'm afraid I did not let the front runners through as soon as I should have, not realizing who it was behind me til later.

That said, I had a blast today. Some good battles with Tom and Ali, it's good to have a little adrenalin rush now and then. Thanks for the race and I will be more aware next race.

Thanks for the race guys.

Quick recap from me not much went on, was just me an the car for most of it lol. My qualifying was dreadful I only actually got one flying lap and that was in the final seconds. Was lucky really with the restart as I started 4th instead of 8th. Turn 2 at the start I think a few cars went off dont think any were to do with me (unlike the warm up race where I messed up, sorry guys). So somehow I was into first to my suprise so had a clear track to settle down too, but not for long, as was expected really haha. Btw Tom where did we have this incident? I can't remember sorry but I apologise. Apart from that I don't think I caused any problems if I did I apologise and please let me know what I done. At one stage I think I was going for the over take on kcheeb, I had the inside line and I believe my nose was infront, he did run wide because of it but no contact was made. And with the overlapping situation I think I moved over for all you guys who lapped me, maybe I took a bit too long with one of you as I was caught up in a corner, but I think I did ok.

Anyway thanks lads I really enjoyed

kcheeb, those are the exact goals I set for myself too. Im happy with my result today hopefully there wont be as many incidents next week, seems something happened to everyone at some point haha. And hopefully I'll be more consistent ext week as well, as for the rules I think I stuck to them well. I agree with the adrenaline rush too the only little battle I was involved in was with you and that was great.

Thanks for the race guys.

Quick recap from me not much went on, was just me an the car for most of it lol. My qualifying was dreadful I only actually got one flying lap and that was in the final seconds. Was lucky really with the restart as I started 4th instead of 8th. Turn 2 at the start I think a few cars went off dont think any were to do with me (unlike the warm up race where I messed up, sorry guys). So somehow I was into first to my suprise so had a clear track to settle down too, but not for long, as was expected really haha. Btw Tom where did we have this incident? I can't remember sorry but I apologise. Apart from that I don't think I caused any problems if I did I apologise and please let me know what I done. At one stage I think I was going for the over take on kcheeb, I had the inside line and I believe my nose was infront, he did run wide because of it but no contact was made. And with the overlapping situation I think I moved over for all you guys who lapped me, maybe I took a bit too long with one of you as I was caught up in a corner, but I think I did ok.

Anyway thanks lads I really enjoyed

I think we had the incident at turn 12 mate, you span and came along the track on the racing line and it was an unavoidable incident but all is well! :)

At one stage I think I was going for the over take on kcheeb, I had the inside line and I believe my nose was infront, he did run wide because of it but no contact was made.

That was me, at the time I thought it was a bit of an aggressive move, but after reading your explanation and thinking back on it, I did have time to see you before I turned in, so the line was yours. And no contact was made, good move :)

I think we had the incident at turn 12 mate, you span and came along the track on the racing line and it was an unavoidable incident but all is well! :)

Ah right sorry mate, I remember now the car just kept sliding I went off and slid back on somehow :ouch:

Latest Posts

Back