888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
Hi 888, my frustration at trying to complete S-10 has lead me to join and ask for assistance!

I've now been stuck on the S-10 race for a few days and tried numerous cars with even more numerous tuning options but to no avail!

I checked the forums yesterday and came away hoping that either the Elise 111R/Tuned would do it or the Ford GT Spec 11 would. Having tried my trusted Clio and only managed 7th I bought the Elise, but after plenty of tuning and finally getting it to stay on the track and not lose the back end on every turn I still couldn't get close to my Clio so ended up selling it and opting for the GT. But again, after trying for ages i still couldn't improve on my 7th place I got in the Clio nor the 2min 1sec lap time in that car too.

Having checked again today on the forums it seems that all the tuning and specs etc I found and tried are for when this (and the S-7) was for 700pp cars whereas they are now 725 or 750pp for presumably the online game?

Can you help to put me out of my misery?

If you could help with a tune for the GT or the Clio I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Seems that this car has drawn a lot of attention lately with a few tuning houses working on a secret weapon.
888 is no different and for the past week I have been spending a lot of time with this car with the number one goal to crack the 2:00 min barrier at Suzuka and it has been tuned with this in mind.

So here is your chance for glory and the title of the first to crack that elusive 2:00 barrier (personally I believe this car is capable of 1:58's)

gtlm_gt5-copy.jpg

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP750
Power -16
Weight 85
Tires R3 / R3
Aero 17 / 35
Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686
Final Gear: 5.000

Please let me know how you go, the car is brutally quick and needs a steady hand, but it will reward you with some blisteringly fast lap times.

This tune will replace the current GT LM Tune published in this thread.

Regs,
888 Tuning

Can't seem to get this car to tune below 792 using these settings. Is there something I am missing ?

Can't seem to get this car to tune below 792 using these settings. Is there something I am missing ?
Since the GTLM setup has not changed since June (see post), I'm pretty sure these settings were made before the August 1 update. Can't use them in 750PP anymore.

Done and done !!

Its amazing what a bit more grip will do for this car.. what a sweet sweet beast this thing is now... and fast !!
It has responded fantastically to the new regs, so if you can endure the bumperfest and shortcut hero's of Suzuka Int then this car will definately be competitive...
Check your PM !

Regs,

Thank you so much m8, I had a lot of fun with your last tune for the tuscan so I can't wait to have a go in this.

Could I be really cheeky and ask if you could a tune for the BMW concept on the same Suzuka 700pp. The sound for this car is really cool. If you can't no bother but Thanks anyway for tuscan.

Hi mate,
As mentioned, they have changed the Base Points for quite a lot of these cars which means a whole new tune will be required and some cars simply wont work in classes they used to :)

Hi 888, my frustration at trying to complete S-10 has lead me to join and ask for assistance!

I've now been stuck on the S-10 race for a few days and tried numerous cars with even more numerous tuning options but to no avail!

I checked the forums yesterday and came away hoping that either the Elise 111R/Tuned would do it or the Ford GT Spec 11 would. Having tried my trusted Clio and only managed 7th I bought the Elise, but after plenty of tuning and finally getting it to stay on the track and not lose the back end on every turn I still couldn't get close to my Clio so ended up selling it and opting for the GT. But again, after trying for ages i still couldn't improve on my 7th place I got in the Clio nor the 2min 1sec lap time in that car too.

Having checked again today on the forums it seems that all the tuning and specs etc I found and tried are for when this (and the S-7) was for 700pp cars whereas they are now 725 or 750pp for presumably the online game?

Can you help to put me out of my misery?

If you could help with a tune for the GT or the Clio I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi Mate,

Been a while since I have run this race ;) I will have a look and see what I can sort out for you.

Dayatona In. 700 and Suzuka 700 IN. and 700 Pro + 600PP

... How about I give you the base tune as far as suspension and you can adjust the Tyres / HP / Final drive to suit all the different tracks and PP classes.

Thank you so much m8, I had a lot of fun with your last tune for the tuscan so I can't wait to have a go in this.

Could I be really cheeky and ask if you could a tune for the BMW concept on the same Suzuka 700pp. The sound for this car is really cool. If you can't no bother but Thanks anyway for tuscan.

Absolutely, I havnt driven this car since the update. It has a heap of potential so will give it a whirl and see how it benchmarks.. stay tuned (excuse the pun) :)

Thanks m8. Oh I tried the Tuscan last night and it was brilliant, there was more speed there, apart from the rammers it was great Thank you.

Over at another forum they are organising a Brit car race on Daytona 600pp, obviously I will be in the tuscan and although the track isn't anything special it is a bit of fun. I used your tune last night but went on s3 tyres dropped the bhp and upped the weight everso slightly, I'm no tuner but it was quite quick, I had trouble with getting tapped which resulted in me spinning off. If I was left alone I could manage to get round but the slightest tap and I was off. Got any advice on how I could adjust your tune to suit Daytona?

What I found odd as well was that there were less rammers on Daytona 600pp than Suzuka 700pp, perhaps due to tougher penalties I'm not sure. thanks again

Like the new description for TLD in my sig 888? I figure as an Aussie you might appreciate it more.:sly: Also, we are agreeing that when we get muscle cars in the full GT5, I have first pick on all the Holdens right?:sly:

Hey 888, thanks for tuning the SL55 for the oval, like you said it still has harder time in the bends than most but thanks to your cure for the understeer it is definitely a contender! Seems like you've been pretty busy since the update!

Like the new description for TLD in my sig 888? I figure as an Aussie you might appreciate it more.:sly: Also, we are agreeing that when we get muscle cars in the full GT5, I have first pick on all the Holdens right?:sly:

Nice : )

Ok Agreed you can have first dibs on anything Holden Muscle.... i will pick over the scraps of whats left.. Hopefully by then we will see some high end Euro stuff.

Once you tune your holden, we can have a burnout comp :) kinda like this... I figure this is the only thing the Mustang is good for:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8168565171600742958&hl=en

Last edited:
Nice : )

Ok Agreed you can have first dibs on anything Holden Muscle.... i will pick over the scraps of whats left.. Hopefully by then we will see some high end Euro stuff.

Once you tune your holden, we can have a burnout comp :) kinda like this... I figure this is the only thing the Mustang is good for:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8168565171600742958&hl=en

Once I tune the Holden/s you can release the same model 10mins after me if you like, I just wanna be the first.:sly:

Burnout comp? Only if there are old schoolers from Australia, but I'll be making sure they are competitive in actual races.💡

Problem: tires are set at R-1. How can you use R-3?

With your power and weight settings, PP is way too high. Can't get down to 725. How can you use those settings?

I have tried all the settings on this forum. Something must be wrong. I have used the boards tuning numbers on the Viper, Ford LM, Tuned 111R, and the settings for the HP and weight gives too high PP.

I also get passed in the straights!!!!!!!

Why?

Also, I can't change tire R#.

Is there a big difference in manual and auto trans.?

Roy

Some of the tunes were done a while ago and races have changed online since, some are for the events in game that is also why you cannot change the tyres. There is an advantage using manual it gives a little more speed and you can time when to change gear.

I have tried all the settings on this forum. Something must be wrong. I have used the boards tuning numbers on the Viper, Ford LM, Tuned 111R, and the settings for the HP and weight gives too high PP.

I also get passed in the straights!!!!!!!

Why?

Also, I can't change tire R#.

Is there a big difference in manual and auto trans.?

Roy

Hi Roy,

I'll put a message up stating that my tunes were all done pre the update. Since then the base points for cars has changed which is why for some cars you wont be able to race them in certain races.

All my cars are tuned for Manual as I dont drive Auto. Depending on the track this can make a huge difference in your times.. Especially when the auto kicks down to first gear trying to get out of the Suzuka Hairpin.. the tyres just spin up, where in a manual with a properly tuned car you can hold second and get out of the corner cleanly.

Reg,

please put up your Daytona setup for Ferrari 512 Cheers

Hi Pro-Drive,

I dont have one. :)
Normally what happens here is people ask for a tune for a car/track/PP.

If you have already got a tune for this car that isnt quite working for you, PM me and tell me whats working and whats not working for you. I will then go and work on something for you, however Oval Racing is not really my speciality.

While I have made public a few tunes, its not the way this garage operates so throw a little more info at me and I will see what I can do for you.

Regs,

Hi there,

Been reading this thread from today and must say...I LIKE IT :)

I find it awsome that some people help others with tuning.

I m gonna need some help too :)
but need to see what cars and stuff, would like to do some part myself so i can learn.

anyway great thread !!!!!!

Hi there,

Been reading this thread from today and must say...I LIKE IT :)

I find it awsome that some people help others with tuning.

I m gonna need some help too :)
but need to see what cars and stuff, would like to do some part myself so i can learn.

anyway great thread !!!!!!

thanks! :) Happy to help

Hi,

i am back again..

I still need to do S-1; S-10 and the F40 one for my S class

I have this setup for the GT and did the s-7 in 2nd place, where the amuse S2000 just was way to fast..so i bought that one :)

i used this setup for the GT :

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27
Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686

But in the S-10 its not working for me...do you have any comments about inproving this setup or should it be sufficient and is it my driving :)

Do you have a good one for the amuse S2000 for the s-10

and if its not to much trouble for the F40 for the S class

thanks in advance

If i score big in the online events you will be mentioned as my tuner :)

PS : in my game the S-1 is 650pp

and the S-10 is 725pp

cuz what i can read here its different from country's.

the F40 i m not sure what the pp's are.

I m now at work so can only check when back home :)

And work is something I haven't done today since i found this forum :)

cheers

Hey 888 I've got another one for you whenever you get the chance. I am kind of getting into the time trials recently and I was looking for a good 600PP car for the High Speed Ring. I am thinking that the R8 would be a safe bet. So if I could get a tune for the following that would be great:

Audi R8/600PP/High Speed Ring

PS : in my game the S-1 is 650pp

and the S-10 is 725pp

cuz what i can read here its different from country's.

the F40 i m not sure what the pp's are.

I m now at work so can only check when back home :)

And work is something I haven't done today since i found this forum :)

cheers

Hi mate,

I have just sorted out a tune for another customer here for S-10. Its a weapon. I was able to get gold in S-10 by 6.5 seconds !!! I tested the GT-LM and a few other cars and they just didnt have the pace.
I dont know if I just got a lucky field that I raced against but this felt too easy.
Check your PM.

Will have a look at your other requests in a bit.

Hey 888,

Thx for the effort man, I just finished the S10 yesterday with the GT II spec after a very long time of playing :)
BUt i did it :)

anyway I will test your cars aswell and certainly write the review.

Will check my pm's now.

Goodmorning to all :)

Hey 888,

This is awesome what you're doing, only just checked this out having just completed A-Class and opening up S-Class (yeah I know I'm a bit behind but I only got GT5:P a few days ago... I may be in touch about tunes in the near future but keep up the good work!

Foxy

Thanks Foxy ! Good luck with S-Class... I think the key is to pick your race ;) and no when to quit the event and try again with a different field.

Hi,

i am back again..

I still need to do S-1; S-10 and the F40 one for my S class

I have this setup for the GT and did the s-7 in 2nd place, where the amuse S2000 just was way to fast..so i bought that one :)

i used this setup for the GT :

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
Suzuka PP725
Power -33
Weight 90
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 17 / 27
Ride Height -9 / -15
Spring 8 / 7
Damper 8 / 7
Toe -0.09 / +0.22
Camber 1.6 / 2.0
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.218
4th 0.932
5th 0.789
6th 0.686

But in the S-10 its not working for me...do you have any comments about inproving this setup or should it be sufficient and is it my driving :)

Do you have a good one for the amuse S2000 for the s-10

and if its not to much trouble for the F40 for the S class

thanks in advance

If i score big in the online events you will be mentioned as my tuner :)
Ok hmm...I don't want to be rude or picky but if you have your breaks set that high, then it will be practically impossible to be sensitive on the breaks in and out of corners, I would suggest 5 Front 4 rear, seams low but remember this is not Break power, its break sensitivity.;)
I would change a fair bit more, but everyone's driving style or setup preferences are different, ok...maybe try softening the suspension, this is a race car, it already has substantail body rigidity, not to mention it probably only has 5 mil clearance lol:D
Take it easy man,
OnlineGT

Back