90s LeMans Championship has moved to Racing Series section

ccuebas19
1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2.ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Std. Time zone -4GMT

1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2.ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Std. Time zone -4GMT
3. nitrorocks/nitrorocks/Kol/Team Nissan R390 GT1/PST -8 GMT I think? (Western US)

Yeah, that's the time zone I'm in, so were -8 GMT. I'm thinking Thursday night sound good. Anyone else find that time good or bad?

There was only 4 people besides me that showed up today for the VLN series, and I had to leave early, so we didn't have a practice session.

Going to be online later for some practice with these cars. Anyone is welcome to join. Just look for me online. I'll be testing the VLN series cars as well. So my room will say "VLN/LMGTP Practice".

JoeTruckV8/JoeTruckV8/Joe Dirt/CLK GTR/PST

I was amazed how closely these cars were matched up.

I don't believe the BMW needs the handicap, even-tho the front end is super tight, and the a** end is very lose'

It's just running the stock weight and 5 more HP. So it's really not a handicap IMO. I'm glad you signed up. Now we need a few more people and we can start this thread up in the racing series section.

I'm free on mondays until the end of the Spring semester, but after that its gloves off to all weekdays! Can you say junkie,junkie,junkie':crazy:

Mondays could work. I'm trying to get a fancy OP with a nice layout going on. Then moving this thread to the racing series main section. Maybe it'll gain more interest there.

Mondays could work. I'm trying to get a fancy OP with a nice layout going on. Then moving this thread to the racing series main section. Maybe it'll gain more interest there.

What I've learned is the more fancy the OP the bigger the drivers sign-up list!

You know what seth I'll see what I can do, because I plan on launching my own spot-racing challenges after school this month, and I'm going to need a great looking Op myself!

The sooner the better, that way we can get this off the ground and get it set-up and ready to go. I'm thinking about adding another class but I like the format of 3 equal machines with different styles.

I'll start tonight & tomorrow night on a couple of schemes. I'll copy a couple of others I know that are very good, and grab some good photos from google pics. I'll be in touch'

@Nitro- GTS class. GT1 class was the McLaren's Mercedes and Nissan (until the rules change in 98). GTS class was the Viper GTS-R, the Corvette C5R. The Panoz was considered GT1 class, but it never could hold it's own against those other cars. So perhaps I'll add it to the GTS class if there is interest. So I'm debating on making it two cars each in GT1 class (LMGTP/GT1) and 2 cars each in GT class (LMGT).

Joe, that sounds good. Perhaps you could take some of the official pictures of these cars and photoshop them into a group consisting of the different classes if we go that route. In the meantime I'm debating a name change to the series to something like "90's LeMans Classics".

The Lister is a pig, it weighs way too much. I'm not sure it'd be competitive. So far the only cars I'm thinking of adding to a GTS class would be the Viper, C5R and Panoz. There may be other cars that could be added.

Maybe I added weight to it and I don't remember. But you have to admit, the lister sounds good. :sly:

Back