90s LeMans Championship has moved to Racing Series section

Looks good and sounds good, too bad it's slow compared to these cars. Wish they had a different version of the Lister Storm.

I found some pics of the CLK GTR's, but the photos from a GT5 background will look a lot better. I have them on my memory stick, so I will upload them tomorrow. I'm still not sure on how to put everything together for a fancy op tho'

Well, we can come up with a nice name for the series, then use some fancy font and a little photoshop picture with the cars involved included in it. I'm not sure if anyone knows how to do that. I could do it but I don't have photoshop, nor that much time to dedicate to it.

Get three people online to drive one car each. Start the race, line up in a cool position, then finish the race, save replay, go to photo mode, take he picture, export to XMB and copy the photo to your USB.

I think it'd be more interesting with the Viper the Vette and the Panoz as a GTS class. Too bad we don't have an older Porsche 911GT2 or the 911GT1, they'd be completing the list. But having 3 cars for each class with two drivers each would equal 12 in total, which is what we have right now if we just had the GT1/GTP's.

I think GTP is just a nickname. GTP was a class in IMSA racing in the 80's and early 90's. Cars like the Toyota Eagle. Basically Group C cars in America. It was GT1's that were homologation specials, then turned into LMPs. Too bad we don't have more of these. The Mercedes CLR, the Porsche 911 GT1 are the main two I wish we had.

freshseth83
I think GTP is just a nickname. GTP was a class in IMSA racing in the 80's and early 90's. Cars like the Toyota Eagle. Basically Group C cars in America. It was GT1's that were homologation specials, then turned into LMPs. Too bad we don't have more of these. The Mercedes CLR, the Porsche 911 GT1 are the main two I wish we had.

Yeah GTP was Group C.

Spread the word, see if anyone wants to sign up. With a new GTS class it should be plenty fun as they're going to be very fast as well.

So, after some testing, I have some updates to the GTS class. The Viper will be 605hp 1150kg, the C5R will be 625hp 1139kg, and the Panoz will be 640hp 1170kg.

We don't have a set time yet. I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday evening eastern time. Maybe a little earlier. So anyone who wants to join, please state a time and day of the week that would be good for you.

Official Testing

MONDAYS/TUESDAYS
7:00 PM Eastern Time

Last edited:
As soon as I can get the first post completed. I'm wanting to make it a little more presentable. Car pictures, track pictures, a somewhat fancy title etc.

Good testing today. I hope we can get some more sign ups. I'll try to get a fancy OP going and then present this thread to the racing series section. The McLaren is very fast once hooked up.

Getting online for some more testing. I'm debating on turning the tire wear on and lessening the race distances so it's not a pit stop festival. I'll be in a public lounge to see if there is interest of the masses.

I'm interested in racing in this series if anybody else still is. Let me know when the next test day is(assuming there will be one.) and I'll try and join.

1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2.ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Std. Time zone -4GMT
3. nitrorocks/nitrorocks/Kol/Team Nissan R390 GT1/PST -8 GMT I think? (Western US)

1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2.ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Std. Time zone -4GMT
3. nitrorocks/nitrorocks/Kol/Team Nissan R390 GT1/PST -8 GMT I think? (Western US)
4.unrealanthony/unrealanthony/Anthony/Team Nissan R390 GT1

Definitely. I've been waiting for more entries. I'm glad you guys are serious about this. I suggest a lot of testing to get comfortable with your car. Because they carry serious speed.

Back