Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
I hope the VR support is not mandatory, and it will play like classic AC. So far... physics went on a vacation in this trailer.

Osea.png

I noticed (for Strangereal) the the Osean air force roundel, on point.

Which means that it relates to Ace Combat 5, which means that it relates to the Razgriz story ... Nagase from AC5 did something like the girl here about to jump. That suit is experimental so that might mean the girl there is Nagase from Ace Combat 5.

@Akira AC any info on those missile pods that Raptor is carrying?

EDIT: not CGI? ...hm, well, the missile and aircraft movements could be scripted, right? Like in past games, right? I should calm myself )

Abysmal trailer, but I am still very excited. Makes me pre-ordering Playstation VR much more likely.

That's a problem, why?
I don't want another Assault Horizon, I hated it.

This uses a new engine (Unreal from Epic games, hence all the fanfare).

Also, this thing could be an in-game cutscene (LIKE THE ONES IN ASSAULT HORIZON!!!).

Just please PA, please don't screw this up!

I don't want another Assault Horizon, I hated it.

This uses a new engine (Unreal from Epic games, hence all the fanfare).

Also, this thing could be an in-game cutscene (LIKE THE ONES IN ASSAULT HORIZON!!!).

Just please PA, please don't screw this up!

But the old Ace Combat games were 100% arcade as well. I agree that Horizon was absolute garbage, but I still expect the game to be arcade. To me, the return of strangeworld and massive unrealistic aircraft indicates that it will be a return to it's PS1 & 2 roots.

Here's hoping it's in Strangereal rather than the real world, and the trailer does give me hope. Can't wait!

Hmmm... watched the trailer again and screenshots.

1) The rear seat in the Su-30 is empty. Usually in two seaters there's a unnamed person sitting there.

2) The missiles in the trailer- could this be the backwards firing missiles used by some bosses in previous games?

3) Raptor used it's integrated missile bay and then it's missile pods on the wings. We will be able to carry two special weapons this time?

4) In the trailer, they showed the HUD on the Raptor. Will it be the first Ace Combat game that will show accurate HUD for each plane and not just an overlay on the screen?

5) When Raptor comes out of the clouds you can see water trails and drops on the glass.

EDIT!!!!

The astronaut girl... could it be "The Butterfly Master"??? Also in the end of the trailer when the UCAVs are being destroyed, her helmet flies towards the camera.

In the last chapter of AC: Infinity they wonder who will go to the stars. Maybe we will even get a space mission.

Last edited:
Hmmm... watched the trailer again and screenshots.

1) The rear seat in the Su-30 is empty. Usually in two seaters there's a unnamed person sitting there.

2) The missiles in the trailer- could this be the backwards firing missiles used by some bosses in previous games?

3) Raptor used it's integrated missile bay and then it's missile pods on the wings. We will be able to carry two special weapons this time?

4) In the trailer, they showed the HUD on the Raptor. Will it be the first Ace Combat game that will show accurate HUD for each plane and not just an overlay on the screen?

5) When Raptor comes out of the clouds you can see water trails and drops on the class.

EDIT!!!!

The astronaut girl... could it be "The Butterfly Master"??? Also in the end of the trailer when the UCAVs are being destroyed, her helmet flies towards the camera.

In the last chapter of AC: Infinity they wonder who will go to the stars. Maybe we will even get a space mission.
But Infinity took place in the "real world", maybe it was a sneak peak of the concept?

But Infinity took place in the "real world", maybe it was a sneak peak of the concept?

I know, but Infinity was mixed with Strangereal. Can't wait for more info =)

EDIT: could it be that she called those UCAVs so she can escape? It's as if they are trying to catch her.

But the old Ace Combat games were 100% arcade as well.

The series was slowly, very slowly, creeping towards realism in terms of flight model. You might argue the same for weapons, but that was even slower. I don't think it's a bad thing. Games and Hollywood tend to make jet combat out to be a grossly exaggerated version of WWII dogfighting, but I think the reality is more interesting and has more depth. For one thing, real combat has a solution for one of the autowin Ace Combat strategies that is holding down afterburner for the whole mission. Do that in a real plane and you will either run out of fuel or turn and run out of speed.

I'm not expecting any Ace Combat to be a DCS competitor, but I think added realism would really help the series.

The series was slowly, very slowly, creeping towards realism in terms of flight model. You might argue the same for weapons, but that was even slower. I don't think it's a bad thing. Games and Hollywood tend to make jet combat out to be a grossly exaggerated version of WWII dogfighting, but I think the reality is more interesting and has more depth. For one thing, real combat has a solution for one of the autowin Ace Combat strategies that is holding down afterburner for the whole mission. Do that in a real plane and you will either run out of fuel or turn and run out of speed.

I'm not expecting any Ace Combat to be a DCS competitor, but I think added realism would really help the series.

I love realism, so sign me up for a more realistic Ace Combat. Hoping we'll have more control over the loadout this time around. But really, the prospect of Playstation VR actually placing me in the cockpit of an F-16 (my favorite fighter jet) is enough to sell me on the game. Can you imagine how immersive that'd be?

I love realism, so sign me up for a more realistic Ace Combat. Hoping we'll have more control over the loadout this time around. But really, the prospect of Playstation VR actually placing me in the cockpit of an F-16 (my favorite fighter jet) is enough to sell me on the game. Can you imagine how immersive that'd be?
That would be fantastic! The F-16 has a full glass cockpit, so the view should be breathtaking!

Went absolutely ape when I watched the trailer yesterday.

Dogfights? Check
Space-like Scenario? Check
OFM (Oversized Flying Machine)? Check

Those right there told me "Yep, we're heading back to strangereal". Can't wait, suddenly, its gotten even harder to stay on the PS3 now knowing I've got three of my all time Playstation favorites coming to PS4.

Hmmm, the emblem on that Flanker (Su-30H I believe) Doesn't appear Erusian.

I'm actually not very impressed with the trailer, so I can't say I'm very hyped yet. The visuals are beautiful (which is expected) but the plane/missile movement didn't look very natural to me; seemed artificial.

But bring on the gameplay

I'm excited to see another AC in Strangereal but that trailer was... eh. Like others have said that doesn't boost my confidence in hoping they haven't screwed it up. The "action" gave me flashbacks to Assault Horizon. I want this to be good so much though... might actually buy a PS4 for it.

Latest Posts

Back