AI slow down to let you win.

• Thread starter Alss
  • 427 comments
England
England
Blue--08--
Ok ive been doing some research and im gutted with my findings , the AI in this game are actually programmed to lose.... I'll explain.

I ran a race in a GT86 up against a corvette and I won now how is this possible ? Ok I'll watch the replay and check the live timing , on the first lap the corvette was running sector times at around 6 seconds faster per sector but on the second lap his sector times had dropped by 10 secs a sector so in affect he was slowing down to let me win , this is terrible I thought so the next race I used a corvette also and by the end of the first lap both the AI corvette and a Mustang were a long way ahead and to top that I spun it doing a 360 oh well thought I've lost this one but to my shock two bends later I was right up behind them and took the win.

So again I checked the live timing and found both the lead cars slowed right down in the next sector by around 8 seconds , they handed me the win .

Why would this game be programmed in this way ? Its not racing its reverse cheating , I want to win because ive raced well I want to feel chuffed with myself not feel I won because they let me.

If you don't believe what im saying check for yourselfs I almost guarantee the AI's second lap times are well down on there first just so you can catch up with them regardless of what car your driving , as I said a GT86 up against a corvette the corvette should have left me in the dust which it did on the first lap but as soon as it registered that I couldn't keep up it slowed right down , this is really sad news for me I love this game but I don't want to be handed wins I want to earn them.

I feel at the moment what is the point in playing this career mode I certainly don't feel like ive achieved anything buy winning it .

This may very well be true. Actually, if so, then I would rather have the "blind" AI from GT1,2,3,4 'cause atleast they were aggressive and didn't pull out from overtakes.

I remember some epic races in GT2, those guys were so crazy at times! :crazy:

Last edited:
I've noticed something like this happening; every time I spin, I catch up with them within half a lap easy

GT has never been a racing game though, it's a driving simulator (sigh, no reason why it can't be both). At least it makes the games more accessible for casual players I guess

I've noticed something like this happening; every time I spin, I catch up with them within half a lap easy

GT has never been a racing game though, it's a driving simulator (sigh, no reason why it can't be both). At least it makes the games more accessible for casual players I guess

Ok, but why should we, the experienced players, suffer just because PD have to make the game more accessible. Casuals won't put much time in this game anyway and, if they want to enjoy themselves, they are better off with NFS or something like that...

I thought the same thing while doing the Kart 100 races. But I am not sure if this has something to do with the AI "getting tired" like in GT5 perhaps.
But yes I had that feeling that the AI slowed down like in Need For Speed or Burnout Paradise when they are away from you and suddenly you have them right there for you to catch.

That feeling was in the kart races though, the rest are easy and I never had to tune any of my cars not even get the top of the tyres allowed or go up to the PP limit. I´m always like 60/80 under the PP limit...yet the races last 2 laps and the third is just a "trip" to the finish line.
Some of the One Make races with 5 laps are more "difficult" but you can beat the AI at last in the 4th lap.

[quote="NOSWaster, post: 9052951, member: 191849"The AI definitely do not slow down for me to keep up in the shifter karts. That championship is brutal. It's so hard to make up a 5 second gap in those short races. >.<[/quote]

I cant answer regarding karts but honestly buddy If you dont except what im saying do a car race and the check the replay live timings and watch the lead AI's sector times from lap one to lap two and your see for yourself.

Yes, it's sad that they chose to do this. It's one of the genuine problems with GT6. I can live with the sound and damage being as they are, but the AI ruins the racing. The blurry ghost car is also a killer. Can't see through it!

Ok, but why should we, the experienced players, suffer just because PD have to make the game more accessible. Casuals won't put much time in this game anyway and, if they want to enjoy themselves, they are better off with NFS or something like that...

Agree totally. One thing that's different this time round though is that they actually kind of race each other, so we might see some sort of adjustability in a future update. I'm not crossing my fingers though!

i'm not so sure about that, if you take a -100pp car it's actually kinda hard to win in ib, ia mode you catch them on corners but they catch you back on straights. Well not hard but you can't make mistakes.

Agree totally. One thing that's different this time round though is that they actually kind of race each other, so we might see some sort of adjustability in a future update. I'm not crossing my fingers though!
You say they race each other, I can say hand on heart ive never noticed the AI race at all really , the AI that starts last finishes last and the AI that starts first finishes first out of the AI's , rarely do they ever trade places.

sid_chiclais a
Since the days of GT1 this has always been pretty much the same. If you fall behind, they wait for you to catch up. If you pull away, they speed up to keep you on your toes. I've been playing Gran Turismo for 15 years now and still love it :D
I agree 100% with what you've said but in all fairness thats not racing Is it.

i also noticed this on a race a i had in bathurst night race the first car was NSX waaaay ahead of me tell the 2nd lap when ever i get close to him he beats me big time on the long straight road but the shocking thing is on the 3rd lap at that same long road i find my self getting closer and closer to him untill i toke over him before the road finish ! so he is for damn sure was slowing down waiting for me to pass and no i wasnt drafting from his back because he was way ahead of me

Yes, I've found it nearly impossible to lose a race in the A International series. The AI seems to be able to run good pace for a couple of laps and then gives up. :banghead:

@umafeckit, if you press up on the d-pad you turn the ghost car off.

Yes, I know that, but the ghost car is a damn useful thing. I really found it helped me in GT5 and I left it on all the time. Now the silly thing gets in the way and slows me down. It's nuts. Who thought this was a good idea?

Since the days of GT1 this has always been pretty much the same. If you fall behind, they wait for you to catch up. If you pull away, they speed up to keep you on your toes. I've been playing Gran Turismo for 15 years now and still love it :D

Well if they were doing it in GT5, I didn't notice. Now it's insanely obvious. In GT5 I felt like I had to chase hard to catch them. That feeling is gone now: it's become very predictable.

My main issue with the AI is that it seems to have got its driving standards from the BTCC.

Last night I unlocked International A and did the first World Tracks Tour race, the one at Motegi. AI pipped me at the line when I missed the second upshift after leaving the chicane. The lead rabbit will definitely speed up or slow down to make it a race. Those farther down in the pack, not so much.

Back