Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Gran Sport Wins Gran Turismo Award at 2023 Pebble Beach Concours

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Me when the Ferrari 296 GT3 didn't win the GT Award at Pebble Beach, giving me yet another reason to complain that the game isn't ACC 😈
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Really a beautiful and color combination the owner picked, never heard about a Alfa by Figoni & Falaschi, and it also drove in Le Mans 24h, truly unique car!
But for inclusion into GT, I would prefer them to implement the Zagato bodied 6C first, because it’s more performance oriented I guess.

Well, it would be awesome to have some events to drive it on GT7 once it arrives... or just as the rest of the award winners that don't have any relevant content to use them on as well. shame.

It’s Pebble Beach, what kind of car did you expect to win?
I mean, there are plenty of classic endurance racers at Pebble beach, maybe one of those would have been far more complimentory to a useful purpose within GT.

Beautiful! I'm still saving up for the 8C, and waiting for the  other 8C, and I don't know what I'll do with it. I guess time trial it everywhere to get my money's worth.

I mean, there are plenty of classic endurance racers at Pebble beach, maybe one of those would have been far more complimentory to a useful purpose within GT.
The award isn't about "what's most useful in Gran Turismo". It's also not going to be in the game for years, potentially not until GT8 (or even 9, if it takes a particularly long time). By then, nobody knows what the games will look like. What you find useful right now in the game as it currently is is totally irrelevant.

Last edited:
At this rate, we really need a "1950's and older" category of races. The historic sports car masters event is 1960-1989, we need something to cater to the even older relics and gems that people buy and have little use for.

It’s in the first sentence in the article.
A 1933 Alfa Romeo coupe which once won its class at Le Mans has scooped the Gran Turismo Award at the 2023 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in California, earning it the right to be captured for a future appearance in the Gran Turismo series.

Last edited:
Looks very nice. I'll never get to drive it though as it'll likely be a 20mil car. :indiff:

Given that it is almost a guarantee that it will be a few years minimum before this car is added, so the wait will be adding anticipation, and it's almost guaranteed that the car will be an unobtainable price for most people, this car is a perfect example of why PD needs to add a test drive feature for all cars and or have every car available in arcade mode.

I do love these older cars being added occasionally. They make for a fun set of custom races, if you can put aside the payout issue.

View attachment 1281964
would be easy if the game went back to the old and better event structure
This is exactly why I'm frustrated, GT7 dishes out all these FOMO £20mil vintage classics but nowhere to use them, even though older titles had a lot of purpose for them (and in turn, more insentive to get 'em)

They base a lot of the game around the Hagerty dealership, and at the same time have nowhere for you to use a vast amound of those vintage cars... very odd game design.

In this aspect they are not too different from VGT's, with most events rendering them unusable. Despite the fact that those cars are literally exclusively made for the game.

I mean surely if you make a car exclusively for a game, it would be a no-brainer to let it be used in many areas of said game...

Last edited:
Beautiful car for photography and designs. I want to believe that future Gran Turismo games will have creator of designs and photography.

Nice! Another Cr.20,000,000 car which has no events to be used/allowed in and no purpose/insentive to have included with minimal modifications, what a lovely paperweight to compliment this broken game structure.

Truly the decision of all time👏
Does every vehicle in the game need to be a mere tool to grind money with?
Sometimes a car is important because of its beauty, not its racing prowess. GT has always been more about historically significant cars than whatever's the fastest and newest out there, and this fits right in with that.

Does every vehicle in the game need to be a mere tool to grind money with?
Sometimes a car is important because of its beauty, not its racing prowess. GT has always been more about historically significant cars than whatever's the fastest and newest out there, and this fits right in with that.
Look back at older GT's, there were always some events you could enjoy those cars with alongside other vintage classics. Nothing to do with grinding, but in older titles there is no doubt GT understood the best way to enjoy and appreciate any car is by driving it, especially around other vintage cars, hence why such events existed.

So why shouldn't they exist now?

Last edited:
Look back at older GT's, there were always some events you could enjoy those cars with alongside other vintage classics. Nothing to do with grinding, but in older titles there is no doubt GT understood the best way to enjoy and appreciate any car is by driving it, especially around other vintage cars, hence why such events existed.
1692717557629.png

What events could I drive this in, in Gran Turismo 4?

Latest Posts

Back