ALMS Season V

I think that could work.

LMP=softs
GT=meds

Maybe let people use whatever for qualy?

You got to remember that whatever you used in qualifying you will start off with in the race (unless qualifying and the race are in two seperate sessions). Otherwise, that sounds good to me.

Yeah but the game doesn't allow you to keep used rubbers, though. I mean we could just make it across the board, GT in meds, LMP in softs.

P.S. does anyone who has a GT Polarized 007 (the green one) chip and can you please PM me? Thanks. :)

Yeah but the game doesn't allow you to keep used rubbers, though. I mean we could just make it across the board, GT in meds, LMP in softs.

P.S. does anyone who has a GT Polarized 007 (the green one) chip and can you please PM me? Thanks. :)

The LMP can run other compounds than soft if they chose to right?

Tower Turn 13

It's untradable, but you could send the car for a person to paint it.

EDIT: I have the paint.

Last edited:
Think we should drop the LMP's power to around 500hp average with 515hp for cars like the Pescarolo's. It will give better tire life.

The Aston martin will not be at road Atlanta because the ILMS scheduled a race in Bahrain on the same weekend.Because so many people were complaining about too many cars on the track in Atlanta.

What do you want me to drive gatrs?

I'll drive in the ELMS series this weekend then. 13 cars this weekend, 9 lmp2, 1 lmpc, 3 gt cars. lol. What a joke, think the fia is phasing out the lemans series?

Last edited:
The Aston martin will not be at road Atlanta because the ILMS scheduled a race in Bahrain on the same weekend.Because so many people were complaining about too many cars on the track in Atlanta.

I'll drive in the ELMS series this weekend then. 13 cars this weekend, 9 lmp2, 1 lmpc, 3 gt cars. lol. What a joke, think the fia is phasing out the lemans series?

Just not the Ferrari.
Put me as a reserve in the BMW.
I'm going to spec the CSL when I get home later this month.

THAT_GUY_2

Too many cars?

That's the whole point!!!

Yes, that is true, but what I'm getting at is if you're in the GT class and you qualified on racing softs, then you will start with racing softs, thereby officially breaking the rules before the race starts if we went with the LMP softs and GT mediums ruling. So it'd be best to just make the rules for all sessions as far as tires are concerned a global rule setting.

I'll also try the Aston at the specs Seth provided and see where that leads ("520hp and +25kg from minimum weight to get the 50/50 balance"), at least for practice or the pre-season.

stupidstormy36
Yes, that is true, but what I'm getting at is if you're in the GT class and you qualified on racing softs, then you will start with racing softs, thereby officially breaking the rules before the race starts if we went with the LMP softs and GT mediums ruling. So it'd be best to just make the rules for all sessions as far as tires are concerned a global rule setting.

I'll also try the Aston at the specs Seth provided and see where that leads ("520hp and +25kg from minimum weight to get the 50/50 balance"), at least for practice or the pre-season.

Isn't there usually a track reset after qualifying anyway?

👍 works.

Ok so whats the offical word on tires Im setting up my ford right now and Id like to know wich compound to use.

Isn't there usually a track reset after qualifying anyway?

Yes there is, but tire choice remains the same regardless, unless it has been changed in an update (undocumented). I remember that whatever tire choice you finished qualifying on are the same set (minus tire wear and temperature) you start on.

I think it'd be easier just to regulate it on a global setup rather than each session individually. I wouldn't mind using softs from time to time, but people use them all the time, and the tire model for online racing isn't the best to work with either.

It's frustrating when people treat this game as just a game and not a simulator and get away with making stupid mistakes. For instance, I've seen people constantly overshooting their braking zones and missing their apex completely, and yet miraculously make the corner at a faster rate than they would if they took the corner legit. And, for some reason, they think that's how you race and are better than you because you actually know how to take corner if it were real. Not to mention cutting into the corner earlier than you're supposed to, then cutting the corner itself just enough not to incur a penalty, and...it's just a big mess. Limiting racing softs would be a step towards eliminating bad habits like these examples.

I know it's just a game and not worth getting upset about, but it's just annoying to see that. This is why I am really looking into PC racing sims, as Forza doesn't seem to be a better solution either. Console sims just don't have the level that PC sims seem ti have. But I got to get things settled first. I'd really like to join you guys on Rfactor or iRacing. iRacing really seem legit on online physics. It may be harder than GT5, but at this point, I'm really open for anything.

EDIT: Sorry about that ramble. I'm not saying that anyone in this series will do that, it will just make things a little more close for competition, hopefully. ;)

Last edited:
So lets run every LMP @-50hp from their original spec and see how the tire wear holds up. They're much more fun when the tires last. I feel I should have a say since I've represented LMP almost by myself (only I ran every race in LMP).

Im pretty sure the vantage wont be doing anymore alms rounds until petit lemans. If I remember correctly it was also under the stipulation that they recieve sponsorship from lowes again.

As for the tire wear issue I say ban softs from gt and let lmp run what ever they want.

Meds. By the way want to team up? What colors you using?

Ok also I painted my car matte black and put some ssr wheels on it te ones with silver walls and black spokes

I am also looking for a team mate if anyone else is interested. I tested the Vantage at 520 HP and minimum weight (> 1300ish kgs), but I think it may need a little more HP or something, depending on what times the rest of the field is getting. I do have to say I am quite shocked with the tire wear on it, though. In a good way. :)

Just asking, but what's the idea behind having the LMP's on Softs and GTs on Mediums? Seems likely that GT will finish with less laps accumulated than before, I can't help but think I'm not on the same page about this like everyone else is, so to speak.

iRacing plans to add the RUF RT12R to its lineup of virtual race cars and high performance automobiles later this year. Manufactured by RUF Automobile GmbH, the RT12R is among the world’s very fastest production automobiles.

RUF-Rt-12-R-911-Turbo-37.jpg

See you on iracing gatrs... :sly:

👍 Can we get the 4 and 6 cylinder model? Cant forget about the Camry Solara either. Ehh might as well throw in the NASCAR version also. Make mine all standard models please. :drool:

Back