ALMS Season V

Motegi's a great track, as what Seth said. I actually bought it, and has a lot of hard-braking turns and immediate banks for a near-flat track.

For the tire choice: IMO, we should have fixed RS tires for Qualifying. Then for the actual race, we can have GTs drive on RS/RM tires and LMPs drive on RH/RM tires. But this is just a little concept.

lol, I beat Pipi with the Toyota while he used the R8, it handles better but is slower in top speed. I didn't need the R8 to win. I also think we should base the power around 500hp. Tires last longer that way.

Is iRacing planning on bringing Donington Park to their track line-up?

311596_10151099094901085_530406618_n.jpg

In the process of being laser scanned, this is the photo they posted on facebook.

PipiR6 / BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, when this gonna start, i hope in September, I'm not here in august, sorry for miss the last two races in last season but I'm a little tired and the races start too late for me :P

I thought you guys said the speed 8 was a little too good at 550HP/920kg ?

Last edited:
And yet again, more off topic discussion in the ALMS thread. Rain at Donington park? Nothing new there :P

Off topic in ALMS thread? That's unpossible.

Pipi I think we're having preseason race this Friday and then starting next week. Unless people don't want to do that.

Re-spec the cars, give each car 500hp and their stock weight then go from there. Some cars handle better, some have higher top speed. The Bentley should be 500hp 930kg. The Audi 500hp 950kg. Toyota 500hp 900kg. Pescarolo's 520hp 900kg. BMW 510hp 900kg. Peugeot's 510hp 930kg.

In the process of being laser scanned, this is the photo they posted on facebook.

Yeah, I saw that too. That's why I asked just to confirm it. They're always adding more and more content.

Anybody holding a test session today? Tomorrow? Early Friday? I think we should have a couple of pre-season races (2, 3 max) to be honest. But I'll roll with whatever is given. 👍

Maybe we should open an off topic discussion thread.
I had plans to re-spec the LMPs, but like usual, I may have gotten lazy.

gogatrs
Maybe we should open an off topic discussion thread.
I had plans to re-spec the LMPs, but like usual, I may have gotten lazy.

*Whiny voice*

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

I won't be able to make the preseason race this Friday. In fact, I might have trouble making all of the races this year. My work schedule recently changed, and I now have to work afternoon/evenings on Fridays. I will make everything that I can :ouch::grumpy::yuck:

I just did more testing with the LMP's. They're all pretty even at the few tracks I used. The Toyota and Bentley are the fastest top speed wise. But the Pescarolo's 520hp evens that out. The Bentley is about on par with the Audi in handling. The Toyota is good as well, the Courage has really good feel and grip. All the cars are good in their own way.

So heres my formula-

500hp 950kg for Audi
500hp 900kg for Toyota
510hp 900kg for BMW
500hp 930-950kg for Bentley
520hp 900kg for Pescarolo's/Courage
510hp 930kg for Peugeot's

Just out of curiosity, whats wrong with the BMW? I dont think I've ever seen anyone drive it. In this series or any other series.

Just out of curiosity, whats wrong with the BMW? I dont think I've ever seen anyone drive it. In this series or any other series.

Naturally, I drop by to see this. :lol: I'm not coming back this season, but, I'll take a good laugh from time to time. :D

FH I forget who but someone (Cowboys maybe at some earlier point in time?) drove the V12 but couldn't get a tune on it that didn't have him crashing every which way. I dunno but there's someone in it now.

EDIT: also gatrs, should we start using Seth's specs? We could at least try them in the preseason.

Last edited:
Back