Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
Honestly, I'm not really bummed out. I'm waiting on a GT2, CSP and the shifters. I got my v2 stand and Rennsport adapter in today. The quality of the stand alone is very impressive, never mind the wheel and pedals.

As long as I get it before Forza 4, I'll be happy. Sure it'd be nice to bomb around in Forza 3 and in some Simbin games, but I have patience.

Take your time Thomas, I don't mind! I'll gladly wait.

I agree with you to an extent. I think Fanatec makes great products but suffers from lack of communication with their customers. I wasnt informed with they pushed it back to "late may" and similarly I wasnt informed when they pushed it back to "june". I would be much less frustrated if I felt like I was in the loop. I hope I get the gt2 in a timely manner because I really want a wheel for my 360 and I subsequently sold my g27 so I would like a wheel in general.

I agree with you to an extent. I think Fanatec makes great products but suffers from lack of communication with their customers. I wasnt informed with they pushed it back to "late may" and similarly I wasnt informed when they pushed it back to "june". I would be much less frustrated if I felt like I was in the loop. I hope I get the gt2 in a timely manner because I really want a wheel for my 360 and I subsequently sold my g27 so I would like a wheel in general.

I mean that's the thing, sure we can get a wheel right away but it's not xbox compatible. I want a wheel that's compatible with all the systems, hence we have to wait for the GT2.

Sure I can get a wheel right now from Fanatec that will work on a ps3 and pc, but I don't want that. Yes, I can go buy a $500 thrustmaster without a shifter and no clubsport pedals, but that doesn't have 360 capability or the ability to tune it on the fly which is important to me as well.

That's why I can wait, I know the product is quality and it's exactly what I want. Good things come to those who wait =)

I learned my lesson last time as I canceled my dec order cause I lost patience...lol so this time im just gonna wait it out since FM4 won't be out till fall.

PWGT2:
The ship will arrive on May24th in the USA. It depends on how fast the customs are to get it into the warehouse but there is a good chance that we can ship it in may.

The ship to Europe arrives on the 4th of June

One ? then Thomas. A few of my friends want to order the GT2 in a few months in anticipation for FM4. They are all on the frits knowing if they order close to release whether the GT2 will be in stock, or on another back-order for an unknown amount of time.

I guess what I am asking is this, once this "ship" arrives, will there be a constant stock to fill orders for months to come, or, is this just to fill pending orders, then back-order for several months again until another shipment is made?

PWGT2:
The ship will arrive on May24th in the USA. It depends on how fast the customs are to get it into the warehouse but there is a good chance that we can ship it in may.

Thomas,

I appreciate the response, thank you.

PWGT2:

I hope thats true. I have been dying to race.

PWGT2:

Hey Thomas, Will you be posting on your blog, and keeping us informed of the shipping?

I received my GT3 replacement today, and, wow is all I can say. The difference in smoothness and accuracy is indescribable. I did not know what I was missing with the faulty wheel.

Outstanding support from Fanatec. Awesome products when they work.

I received my GT3 replacement today, and, wow is all I can say. The difference in smoothness and accuracy is indescribable. I did not know what I was missing with the faulty wheel.

Outstanding support from Fanatec. Awesome products when they work.

HAHA SUCKER!

My luck sucks when it comes to wheels. My awesome new wheel just went floppy during Shift 2. I turned it off and on and got the dreaded 8.8.8 message with no calibration. It's still recognized by Windows but the FF is completely gone.

HAHA SUCKER!

My luck sucks when it comes to wheels. My awesome new wheel just went floppy during Shift 2. I turned it off and on and got the dreaded 8.8.8 message with no calibration. It's still recognized by Windows but the FF is completely gone.

Wow. That just sucks. I hope you are able to find a working one soon.

HAHA SUCKER!

That sucks man I was happy for ya for a bit. Esp hate to see a fellow shift 2 fan suffer like this... :ill:

I've got Shift 2, GT5, and Forza 3 all waiting to be played....................On that beautiful day that the GT2 finally ships. :nervous:

Oh, and also to mention that I look at my clubsport pedals, playseat, and shifter everyday. Makes me sad.

Any ideas on the availability or waiting times for shifters to UK.

Just placed my order, finally when paypal would accept.

Fanatecs site says I've ordered 3 shifters.
2 pending 1 processing. Must screw up there orders.

Odd that there's no way to cancel an order on the site. Even when payment has not been confirmed by paypal. It just goes straight into your order history without payment.

Just to add I've had shipment notification already.

Goes to show if it is in stock then the battle is over. Really fast shipment.
My CSP were exactly the same too.
GT2 was the waiting game for me lol.

Happy days.

Just to add I've had shipment notification already.

Goes to show if it is in stock then the battle is over. Really fast shipment.
My CSP were exactly the same too.
GT2 was the waiting game for me lol.

Happy days.

Sintek
HAHA SUCKER!

I don't think the battle is necessarily "over".

MisterStatic
I don't think the battle is necessarily "over".

Ah..... Well yes I suppose your right.
The battle to get the stock I meant lol.

The war will never be won. 8^\

Fanatec Gameshop
Dear customer,

thanks a lot for pre-ordering the Porsche 911 GT 2 wheel and your patience.

Our supplier has informed us that the shipment of the goods is delayed.

The steering wheels are already on the route by ship and will arrive in the USA early June 2011.

As soon as the customs clearance has been done and the goods are ready for re-shipment we will start with the customer shipments in accordance to the order date at once.

We will inform you about the dispatch by e-mail

When your shipment has left the warehouse UPS or USPS send you an e-mail with the tracking information.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Best regards

So FYI, there is the official notice.

I still have some concerns about reliability with the Fanatecs, but they just reduced the price of the shifters by ~$30. That plus the re-intro of the GT3 Clubsport edition made it too hard for me to keep waiting so I went ahead and ordered.

Hopefully I will get lucky and my wheel will be functional and reliable.

Also, the confirmation said 2-5 days for shipping. Do they really ship from Germany that fast or are the coming from a US warehouse?

Anyway, looks like I have 'joined the club'.

I still have some concerns about reliability with the Fanatecs, but they just reduced the price of the shifters by ~$30. That plus the re-intro of the GT3 Clubsport edition made it too hard for me to keep waiting so I went ahead and ordered.

Also, the confirmation said 2-5 days for shipping. Do they really ship from Germany that fast or are the coming from a US warehouse?

Congrats!
👍

Maybe we will see the Porsche GT2 Clubsport edition reintroduced shortly?
:confused:

They ship to U.S. customers from a warehouse in Beverly Hills, CA...really. That is why the NA and Europe supply situations are different.

The early June timing actually works out for those of us still on the fence for a GT2, who don't want to pre-pay and wait for months. E3 is June 7-9 so we will get to hear if Fanatec has any new hardware coming, and if any competitors to the GT2 announce anything for Forza4...

So not bad timing for those of us wanting to join the GT2 club who don't want to pay for something and then wait for a factory in China to make it, but I feel for those of you who ordered in December (as I almost did) and are still waiting.

, but I feel for those of you who ordered in December (as I almost did) and are still waiting.

All I really ask for is a working wheel. I am not upset about the delay. If I get a bad wheel, I will be extremely pissed. Like I have said before, delay them if it means a better QA/QC process with minimized failure rates. Having to navigate the support process is something I do not want to do, even if it is a good support process.

All I really ask for is a working wheel. I am not upset about the delay. If I get a bad wheel, I will be extremely pissed. Like I have said before, delay them if it means a better QA/QC process with minimized failure rates. Having to navigate the support process is something I do not want to do, even if it is a good support process.

This!

I am good with waiting, well........sorta. lol. But the situation will get really bad if the wheel does not work. I have heard so many horror stories about DOA and start ups on the GT2, it kinda scares me. But im sure everything will be ok.

Reason for the delays are many imporvements on the quality of the wheels. And even if it breaks, we will have enough replacement wheels now.

Latest Posts

Back