Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
Hey Thomas can you answer whether or not you think you will have enough stock for the Forza 4 rush? I have the feeling if people don't start ordering wheels now there won't be any wheels left? I was thinking of ordering a gt2 wheel in early August. Do you think you will have enough supplies by then? (I'm not really expecting a solid answer but it would've cool if you knew off hand)

Hey Thomas can you answer whether or not you think you will have enough stock for the Forza 4 rush? I have the feeling if people don't start ordering wheels now there won't be any wheels left? I was thinking of ordering a gt2 wheel in early August. Do you think you will have enough supplies by then? (I'm not really expecting a solid answer but it would've cool if you knew off hand)

Why don't you just order a GT2 now to be sure you get one? I would not depend on a guarantee of anything being in stock around a major release (see GT5)...it is possible, but why take that chance?

Why don't you just order a GT2 now to be sure you get one? I would not depend on a guarantee of anything being in stock around a major release (see GT5)...it is possible, but why take that chance?

Yeah I would most definitely recommend anyone seriously interested in Forza 4 to order now. I'd personally like to hold out for E3 2011 preferably to see if anything new gets announced. It's just a month from now in early June right around when these wheels are predicted to ship

After a couple days I got a response that I should be receiving a replacement wheel. Excellent support all-around so long as you give them video documentation of the problem and all the required information.

I still think most of the complaints are from people who just sent them an email with one sentence and no video, order information or serial number. But I'm glad those measures are in place to stop people looking for a free wheel: you used to be able to call Microsoft or Logitech, given them a random serial number and the problem and they'd send you a replacement immediately. Of course, with all the scumbags out there, this was abused, leading to higher prices and awful support hoops to jump through for the honest people with actual problems.

I think your spot on Sintek. Provide all the information you can if you have a problem. Write out a detailed email with pictures and video like you said and your bound to be taken care of. Problems arise sometimes, but the goal is to make it as understandable as possible and help along the way, not just be negative.

These people are dealing with hundreds of orders at a time and you have to make their life easier. Less time they spend reading non detailed emails is not only wasting their time, but yours.

When my wheel, pedals and shifters arrive, if there is an issue of any kind. I'll provide them with all information I think is viable. Not just "omgz wheel br0k3 need new one yesterday!!!"

I'd be interested to know how many questions they receive can easily be fixed by reading an faq or doing some research. It'd be interesting to know.

I finally got my PWC. Does anyone have a link to mounting it onto the WSP? Do I need to drill? And I need to go and buy my own screws?

Kinda poor that the PWC comes with no screws for mounting.

1. Total package had cost me around $520 for shifter+gt2 wheel+CS pedals+shipping
2. I don't believe its required to order the Table Clamp. It was supposed to help further secure the wheel. I've read the clamp included with the wheel isn't as good as the Logitech or even the Thrustmaster 'claws' though. Fanatec might consider making a film about the different clamps or put up some more screenshots

Thanx again...Might see what might happen at E3 before I put down the money...seems like a buy for me if I can get in before the Forza rush..

Kinda poor that the PWC comes with no screws for mounting.

Be fair; how are Fanatec supposed to know what you want to bolt it to? Could be any thickness. Are they supposed to include every conceivable length of bolt?

Sorry I missed your post. Fanatec sent me an email last week, telling me now it will be the end of May. :ouch:

I do have 2 Thrustmaster T500's and a homemade Zalem rig, which is totally awesome.

I never heard of anyone waiting so long for a GT2... How did you manage to cope with that long of a wait? :scared: I take it you must've had another wheel...

(meant to ask this question when I 1st saw this post)

the_greeze
Be fair; how are Fanatec supposed to know what you want to bolt it to? Could be any thickness. Are they supposed to include every conceivable length of bolt?

They should at least include some kind of screw, given it should be mountable to the Rennsport Stand. If anything provide a screw so we at least know what screw is required if the length is inappropriate.

The only way I knew is because Zofia from WSP told me it was the M6 screw. And on top of this, it is difficult to obtain metric screws in North America.

Edit: More specifically, the M6x16mm screw/bolt.

And just another thought, given that most stand solutions (eg WSP, RennSport, Playseat)come with a thin metal mounting plate, I don't see why they couldn't just supply a screw suitable for that.

Last edited:
Screws come with the wheel stand, if you buy it. Wheel manufacturers like Fanatec and Logitech make wheels hard-mountable, but look at that as something that won't be used very often and not everyone will need the same length screws.
On the other hand all wheel stand and cockpit manufacturers provide screws needed to mount wheels to their products (same screws are used both for Fanatec and Logitech wheels I think). It looks like this is the way things are and not many people are complaining.

Fair point. I guess I was just annoyed that I'd be able to play straight out of the box without having to run around to hardware shops to try and source a screw.

EDIT: Actually ended up securing it to the WSP using cable ties just so I could play as an interim solution :lol:

Fair point. I guess I was just annoyed that I'd be able to play straight out of the box without having to run around to hardware shops to try and source a screw.

EDIT: Actually ended up securing it to the WSP using cable ties just so I could play as an interim solution :lol:

Which WSP did you get? I got the G27 version and it came with mounting hardware.

As far as I know are the wheels already on the way so we should be able to keep the shipping dates of the PWGT2

Thomas can you confirm if your Fanatec employees will QA the quality of the upcoming shipment from China before shipping out?

I am one of those people that has been ready to order a GT2 wheel since December, but I held off based on some of the DOA hardware problems reported here in North America shipments back then, so I have been waiting to see how the situation improves after you guys got a chance to catch up with the GT5 release flood of wheel buyers....

Recently I am glad to see reports of much improved Fanatec support in threads of race/sim forums I frequent, and so I am hoping that you will have the China supplier problems resolved with the shipments for North America at the end of this month, so that I can order a GT2 with confidence.

Any confirmation of supplier quality assurance would be great news for those of us considering pre-order for end of May. Danke!

Received my new wheel today. Works jus like it should. Took all of 8 days to file a complaint get a reply and receive a new wheel. I am very pleased.

In my down time I did build a pvc cockpit with my old 88 911 seat. Rigged it up with full 8 way power i am so pleased with myself. Cost less than 60 bucks for parts. Makes the whole experience at least 10 times better.

Just had to return my G27 as it was not working and the chances of getting another anytime soon seems slim.

I am now re-reviewing the Fanatec products. I was wondering if they have any 'package deals' for purchasing wheel (likely GT3), ClubSport pedals, and shifters or is really just the ala carte pricing? I gather this used to exist but does not seem to show on their site anywhere.

Thanks for the assistance.

I believe the gt3rs clubsport package was 350.00 but does not include shifters. Its a savings of 30 dollars over the ala carte pricing. Fanatec says they will put the packages up after the gt2 stock builds back up.

^^ shaun_ccx I notice you live in Hong Kong?? That means you have to pay crazy shipping fees to get a Fanatec imported. probably for much less money you could buy a t500rs in China which doesn't incur the shipping fee. Only reason I mention that wheel in this thread is cause I read other folks have to pay insane price hikes to get Fanatecs into China. I could see doing that for the Fanatec GT2. I can. I'd recommend it. but for PS3 only, yeah I'd go with another option unless Fanatec is shipping there now (in which they don't appear to be the site doesn't list China). Maybe you making a trip somewhere though to pick it up... Then by all means get your Fanatec gt3rs and pray like hell nothing ever breaks

[edit] oh wait- you said you play tdu, f1 2010, etc on ps3. t500rs would be no good for you then for obvious reasons. I see.

Sorry I missed your post. Fanatec sent me an email last week, telling me now it will be the end of May. :ouch:

I do have 2 Thrustmaster T500's and a homemade Zalem rig, which is totally awesome.

Ah that makes perfect sense now.

Last edited:
Looks like this may not be the case:

uh oh

So I just sent a request to the web store to change my address. Good thing somebody knew you were going to be late!
I was expecting this to happen when reading Thomas' blog comments placing my order over 3 months ago, and yet somehow I'm still totally disappointed.

Fanatec needs to learn to stop over-promising and ... well, what in the world takes so long? I can get a Ferrari in less time. If my wheel shows up DOA or with the power button problems I'm going to be so steamed.

I believe the people who pre ordered in December got a free item because they had to wait so long. I wonder if they will do something similar. I feel that they are on the verge of loosing a lot more customers because of this.

Honestly, I'm not really bummed out. I'm waiting on a GT2, CSP and the shifters. I got my v2 stand and Rennsport adapter in today. The quality of the stand alone is very impressive, never mind the wheel and pedals.

As long as I get it before Forza 4, I'll be happy. Sure it'd be nice to bomb around in Forza 3 and in some Simbin games, but I have patience.

Take your time Thomas, I don't mind! I'll gladly wait.

Back