Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,051 comments

Attachments

• 120939-SegaRally2Championship.jpg
    120939-SegaRally2Championship.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
The new update of the Nissan Skyline R32 JTCC and the skin pack will be coming soon with 4 new livery skins, some fixes on the model especially the rims, and a new sound sfx.
__custom_showroom_1715336365.jpg

Now the question is.
Is the car's Power/Torque good?
Or is it too over-power?
Or is it better to have the specs of this one (nissan-global.com)
I know that some R32S have close to 600 bhp but I think the torque of the 738Nm is too much

If you have 2000+ cars you don't have any. With all these cars how can someone learn how any of them drive, what they sound like, or how they look on the track. You have to spend some time behind the wheel to decide if it's worth keeping. I don't understand the car collecting crowd but hey, people are different.

Last edited:
F1 1998 - ROUND 02 - Interlagos v1.0
The Interlagos billboard in the F1 1992 Track Pack has been updated to the F1 1998 version.
Some textures and objects from Grand Prix Team's rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack were used.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_interlagos_1998_10-4-124-20-14-17.jpg

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack by Grand Prix Team
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Water tower by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula)
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some objects from Interlagos 90s
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot, Alessandro Micali, TITI

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

We, the hoarders, never will be understanded. And I understand why: we spend so much time on our throne that we barely change our clothes nor shave, smell bad and look at others with a mixture of distrust and disgust (as Fry in his famous meme) when they tell us "Damn, get up from the cockpit, it's dinner time!" We are the pariahs of simracing...

By the way, I'm one of those hoarders who tries each and every mod I download, at least for a couple of laps, to see if they're worth saving, although I'm not too picky either: 2TB of storage on a PC dedicated on exclusive to Assetto Corsa allow me to store some garbage without it being a serious problem.

On some occasions I have already commented that my idea is to have the most complete possible Assetto Corsa so that when in the future we being isolated by a zombie epidemic, I be able to play without rest, comfortably sitting waiting for the end of the world.

1602 cars, 889 tracks and sloooowly ascending.

Last edited:
Is there any way to know how many Cars we have counting all the skins of each one?
That would be mad, but I think that the only way is counting mod by mod. Or searching someway how many folders are in every Skins folder. Not brilliant in computer affairs, so I can't help with that. But only counting RSS 996, RSS Viper, 993 GT2, V8Corsa supercars and some other one maybe still more than 1000 cars.

Last edited:
If you have 2000+ cars you don't have any. With all these cars how can someone learn the how any of them drive, what they sound like, or how they look on the track. You have to spend some time behind the wheel to decide if it's worth keeping. I don't understand the car collecting crowd but hey, people are different.
Sitting at 2800 cars and 800 tracks here, and I can honestly say I have driven every one of them for at least 1 lap. It's standard procedure for me - every week I drop by this thread, download and unpack stuff (manually I might add, so I can edit the names and tags according to my preferences). Then drive the new cars around Silverstone National, and drive the new tracks using the McLaren P1. That way I have a stable baseline to compare cars and tracks. Cars that drive badly are deleted. Tracks I'm a bit more lenient about quality because the filtering is done during the download process. I already have an old install of rFactor where I have every real world track up to 2016, so on AC I just got the tracks that I like + new ones + good fictional ones.

With most cars/tracks I probably never touch them again, but at least I have experienced it albeit for a short period. And if in the future I ever have a need to drive a certain combo, it's always ready to go. AC is basically like a curated library of driving experiences for me. A librarian isn't expected to know every word in every book, but they would know what books are in the library and knows where to go to find certain information. All the cars I find interesting and every kind of road from real life and fictional (whether scratch made or converted from other games) all in one convenient launcher.

After all these years and regular purges, I have:
  • 1006 cars 'stored' of which 257 are actually installed (almost exclusively race cars, of which only 6 (classic) open wheelers).
  • 753 tracks of which 489 installed.
  • Tried each and every track that was made for AC and was available, same for race cars...
Next 'purge' incoming :P

Last edited:
If having difficulties, let us know, we are all here to help each other.

Wow @RicME85 6000 cars thats I think a new record.
I do have 400 cars and exactly 199 tracks, mostly before 1972 racetrack genre.
I got 6,637 cars, and 1,502 tracks. Quite a lot of unique models, although I still have to purge some "duplicates" while hunting for more unique trims for each production car that I have a la Gran Turismo 6.

Last edited:
just did a check on my computer. :scared:
40 championships, but on the other hand, I did delete the whole Kunos career and Kunos single race files. :D
1009 cars with a lot of grid fillers. Did deleted lots of 4k from grid fillers, the non historical, clown skins and visual bad made for VR application, skins. :cool:
199 tracks, still in the reducing phase, why keep bad made non historical tracks or ugly converted tracks. :banghead:

95% is of this collection is about the period before 1972. Even then I think it’s to huge. 🏳️

Last edited:
Finished, I hope you enjoy it.
View attachment 1354316

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/tvr-t400r-le-mans-24h-2003-91-92.69139/

Is it possible that I'm the only disturbed one in the whole internet that are interested in create the liveries of those infamous Le Mans cars?
Sorry but... what's the most updated version of the TVR T400R? I think is this one...
TVR T400R beta 0.1b

Minor fixes:

1) Corrected the name of the main folder with only lowercase letters;
2) Slightly improved Lods with associated flickering problem resolved;
3) Increased engine damage threshold from 7500 rpm to 7600 rpm;
4) Reduced gear change up time. According to what I saw in an onboard, the car does not allow flat foot shifting and requires heel toe when downshifting. Now you can change a little more easily;
5) Fixed a mesh disappearing when cockpit_lr is loaded;
6) Fixed wobbly brake discs on the right side;

I recommend a clean installation. :D

EDIT: For those who have already downloaded it: re-download it from the same link above to fix the brake discs.

Sequential shifter fix --> https://mega.nz/file/WlBgRZCa#vPYCiFYrDL8wr5vvfbG6K7qwTzLOL_75DIjTorXtHNs

View attachment 1316271
... but the links are dead. Is there any kind soul who can re-upload the updated mod again, pleeeease? 😚

Last edited:
Had a balls up with my AC folder, I did a OS reinstall the other month so transferred everything from my PC to my Unraid server. I finally got around to sorting out my AC install the other day only to find that once I moved all the files back to my PC something had gone wrong somewhere between the two network transfers and I lost either a buttload of car ui json files or the main .kn5 files for cars.
Didn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for which files were missing from which cars. Oddly it seems like my track folder was unscathed.

[...]
The same thing happened to me a few months ago on a W10 fresh install after adding a second NVMe drive. I cloned the AC folder from the SSD to a partition on the new NVMe using the usual Linux tool. All went well, no errors... Until, a few days later, I tried to launch the game. Same mess, json and kn5 missing all around. I still don't know what happened, maybe permission problems...

We have this topic regulary again :crazy: ...

I run about 450 cars on about 220 tracks. Only cars/tracks which i need for certain championship.

So no normal road cars, no drift, no rally, no super/hyper cars, no bikes, plaines, whatever :D ... no fictional circuits... I am definetly not a collector, all cars i have i want drive at some time.

Hello everyone.

Can someone explain me how to get rid off "blurry" windshield from inside views on some car mods?
I hope you see what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

A bold statement, I can like that. :)
Well, there isn't so much competition haha. EA WRC stages are decent but they look souless and arent even so good, the only other competitor is RBR and there are incredible looking tracks, but nothing like the work of superstage imo. Obviously the fact that RBR is still a 20 years old game is relevant, no matter how beautiful and well made are the stages

Hello everyone.

Can someone explain me how to get rid off "blurry" windshield from inside views on some car mods?
I hope you see what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Use CSP's WindscreenFX feature. You can remove dirt and control blur with these settings. CM>settings>CSP>windscreen fx

Last edited:
I actually prefer the steering feel of this mod over yesterdays released VRC paid mod. for me VRC mods often feel too light at low speed. Both are sensational mods overall, but neither got the sound right, where the Batteries kick in at 200kmh. one of the other paid mods got that right.

i dont agree with that. i find the yezhrod has better steering weight/feel. i find the trr mod (is is stolen?) has the best sound with correct Electrical sound coming in at 200kmh. Also vrc doesnt have real textures (now on overtake someone else uploaded real skins). i havent driven long enough on either 3 cars to say which is best in physics yet, all 3 are great out of the box, and i havent played around with car settings yet. Some people bow down to RSS and VRC mods when they havent even tested all the cars... it gets a bit annoying, because there are other modders out there that often make a car better than their version, and all mods are just guestimations of the real cars in how they drive. So each mod is worth trying. saying they are obselete is just dumb sorry.

Yezhrod's 499p uses some lua code taken from the VRC 9T8, and the script doesn't even run at all since there is an error in the code that causes it to fail immediately. One of the reasons people like VRC and RSS cars is because they know they hand make everything they put into the mods, unlike both other modders mentioned in this post.

Supporting other modders of course should be encouraged, but not when they are using ripped models and copy paste physics.

In regards to your ffb issues with the P49, it's probably a setting on your end that needs to be adjusted.

Had a balls up with my AC folder, I did a OS reinstall the other month so transferred everything from my PC to my Unraid server. I finally got around to sorting out my AC install the other day only to find that once I moved all the files back to my PC something had gone wrong somewhere between the two network transfers and I lost either a buttload of car ui json files or the main .kn5 files for cars.
Didn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for which files were missing from which cars. Oddly it seems like my track folder was unscathed.

Anyway, I have decided to start fresh rather than trying to fix 6000 cars.
Do we have a list of recommended/essential car mods? VRC, RSS, URD is a given. I'm thinking of installing Rainmakers championships again and using that as a base for what mods to grab.
with well over 8000 mods in existance , I think it's very hard to maintain a list of essentials...
If I take the car mods that I have given 5 stars and fav+ , it's over 500 ...
If you narrow it down to a class , era or whatever, I'd be able to give you a list of recommendations... but I doubt you would have use of a list of 500+ carfolder names...

My "thing" is esp cabrio (roofless) cars, since I love the feeling better in VR when I can see all the sky (don't know why, maybe I'm claustrofobic a bit)
some of my absolute favorites are:
2000SL Club
ANT Mods - Porsche 911 Speedster
Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged 2011 by 101Creative
Caterham 420R 2020 by Ben O'Bro & JackCY
Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet by F302
Porsche 718 Spyder RS (982) by FX
also many of MNBA / Adriaan Suy are sublime (esp. Porsche Carrera GT !)

but this list is by far complete! (I don't mean to offend anyone who has a 5 star mod and didn't get mentioned )
If having difficulties, let us know, we are all here to help each other.

Wow @RicME85 6000 cars thats I think a new record.
I do have 400 cars and exactly 199 tracks, mostly before 1972 racetrack genre.
nope, 7229 cars here... driven them all (few laps be it for most), and rated them all and in notes I put some of the + and - about the car... for example :
ffb+
sound+++
handling+
interior+
stunning!
sense of speed+
immersion+
rainfx+
shadow on windshield-

eg. sound+ means I liked the sound... and the car gets at least 3 stars if it has a sound+ ... even if other parts are -
so then later on when I do a replace sound, I can filter on "note:sound+ & y<2010 & y>2000" for example , to find that perfect donor mod with great sound for a 2009 car which I like very much except the sound.
So you see it is not so dumb to keep some mods even though you will prob never drive them again... ;)

I do regularly purge the mods that received less then 3 stars, otherwise I would be well over 10.000 car mods now and my SSD would not take it (even w regular Compactor compress).

If you have 2000+ cars you don't have any. With all these cars how can someone learn the how any of them drive, what they sound like, or how they look on the track. You have to spend some time behind the wheel to decide if it's worth keeping. I don't understand the car collecting crowd but hey, people are different.
I see your point, and indeed we hoarders probably don't spent enough time racing 1 single car to fully get to learn and enjoy it...
But I guess we just love the collecting and modding or skinning part, more then actual racing...

For me it's the "the next one I download could very well be even more enjoyable then the 200+ 5 star ones I have already" ...
Crazy I know... I should just enjoy those I have already , but I just can't resist it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back