B-Spec Expert Historic Car Cup Help ?

• Thread starter Zathra5_
  • 694 comments
Nothing works. The few times that I managed third, Bob decided that 3rd place wasn't good enough for him and crashed at the final lap trying to overtake the 2nd car. There should be a "DON'T OVERTAKE NOW YOU DUMBASS" option.

Nothing works. The few times that I managed third, Bob decided that 3rd place wasn't good enough for him and crashed at the final lap trying to overtake the 2nd car. There should be a "DON'T OVERTAKE NOW YOU DUMBASS" option.

Seriously, every time he tries to pass at that chicane after the tunnel, he crashes. I'm level 27 and he's still too incompetent to do this challenge I completed in A-spec first try last week.

Maybe it depends on the BOB.

Mine has overtaken just before the chicane when he's blue/calm, but more often he will crash depending on the position of the car. He's level 21 - speed is a little over half, mental is half and physical is 3/4 full. Character is about half in Blue. 107 wins out of 134.

Be interesting to see the stats of the bobs of folk who cant even get near the front of this race.

Just did it again with 1 crash, took lead on lap 4 and finished with 16 secs to spare. This race that didn't have a 2J starting 1st or 2nd which helps.

Maybe it depends on the BOB.

Mine has overtaken just before the chicane when he's blue/calm, but more often he will crash depending on the position of the car. He's level 21 - speed is a little over half, mental is half and physical is 3/4 full. Character is about half in Blue. 107 wins out of 134.

Be interesting to see the stats of the bobs of folk who cant even get near the front of this race.

If it does then the game is fundamentally broken. At level 27 I shouldn't have to do anything for a win and with my input he should be able to dominate completely.
My guy has Speed about 2/3rds max, mental strength just a little less and Strength is about 7/8ths full. His personality is just shy of half way between cool and the mid point.

Edit: And you'd also think at level 27 they'd know how to drive around a car that has crashed. The competition does so but mine can't? What a piece of garbage mode.

Edit: And you'd also think at level 27 they'd know how to drive around a car that has crashed. The competition does so but mine can't? What a piece of garbage mode.

I'm with you there man. The game as a whole is severely broken in many places. It beggars belief that little or none of the fundamental problems that existed in previous GT's were left as is.

I've done it yesterday or rather he's done it. And still I tend to say it's a randomly created finish. But thank you blauster654 for your help. My setup was even a bit more turning friendly via LSD settings and dampers adjustments to prevent the typical and delicate mid-engined "turn-in-oversteer" caused by the weight transfer

My 2J keeps hitting the left guardrail on the left turn after the tunnel? It's almost like thats part of of the driving line and the guard rail isnt suppose to be there? what gives.... everytime im there too

My 2J keeps hitting the left guardrail on the left turn after the tunnel? It's almost like thats part of of the driving line and the guard rail isnt suppose to be there? what gives.... everytime im there too

This will happen if bob goes for a move on a car in front, it shouldn't happen if theres nothing in front of you. I dont have the 2J, could it be the cars width?

I just done it, edited them settings a bit, stiffen the chassis up, and toe the wheels in rather than out, thats what makes it hit the barrier i found.

stiffen the suspension up by lowering it, and the dampers.

LSD 20/30/30

Ride Hight F-29 R -28
Spring Rate F12.8 R12.8
Dampers E F8 R8
Dampers C F4 R4
Anti Roll Bars F7 R7

Camber F1.0 R1.5
Toe F0.25 R0.15

Need to keep an eye on him, he over took first on the 7th lap.

Good Luck :)

Deep forest is easy, keep the same settings and ad 180 MPH to the gear ratio.

Last edited:
Got this one with Lvl. 19 Bob and a Toyota, with the medium turbo upgrade, works better with more torque, than the less controllable high end turbo.
+ LSD and Tranny adjustments
I used max downforce

(From this Board)
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40

Thank you, this helped me, my B spec driver won it with these settings.

I just done it, edited them settings a bit, stiffen the chassis up, and toe the wheels in rather than out, thats what makes it hit the barrier i found.

LSD 20/30/30

Ride Hight F-29 R -28
Spring Rate F12.8 R12.8
Dampers E F8 R8
Dampers C F4 R4
Anti Roll Bars F7 R7

Camber F1.0 R1.5
Toe F0.25 R0.15

These work best for my lvl 25 Bob. Just got 2nd with these and a win looks possible. His previous best was 7th after many tries so you can imagine how happy I am. Thanks :)

Edit: At the second attempt with the above settings Bob finally wins it! So glad I don't have to watch him plough that Toyota into those barriers ever again. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tunes given on these pages, I'd almost given up on this as a no-hoper! My Bob is definitely competitive after this tune... if only he could avoid a crash ahead instead of ploughing into one I might win. Oh, and Bob, the overtake command means drive 'around' your opponent not attempt to drive up their exhaust. Aaaaaggghh!

Done and dusted. Thank god/Bob for that. My level 26 Bob CANNOT get round Cote without crashing. My level 19 Bob just nailed it 1st time by 15 seconds, no crashes. Wish I'd trusted him earlier.

Yes each Bob is unique so if your having problem with one then don't hesitate to try another. Some are great for running ovals and others are hotheaded and love to pass.

won this with the 330
max speed at 290
full downforce
and LSD:15/45/25

full babysitting though and a beautiful and tight race with that toyota
tip: even though the race lineup was quite tought(p1 2j, p2 toyota) try not haveing them in first row

gl

I finally won it with your settings, except with speed at 270
Also no toe settings used, camber set at 2.0/2.5
Stock suspension, but I added more damping and rebound to the rear, set to 8

My level 20 driver, full hot, kept epic failing in it!
I switched to my level 17 driver, S.Loeb :)
And he's on the cool side of moderate , and he got into 4th place after 1 lap and slowly reeled them in. The 2J was leading from the start, but after constant pressure my guy overtook and started to pull away after 2 lap fight back from the 2J.

The key is to get into the top 4 early to keep away from the pileups.
And I pace down twice on the 2 chicanes, need to keep the meter under 3/4

Me thinks S.Loeb is gonna be the star driver here ;)

Last edited:
Weird setup for my Toyota 7 Race Car but it worked on B-Spec and 2 more times right after to make sure. But it works well. after bb takes first you need to let him cool down and keep him near the middle of the stress bar. Should be gravy! Goodluck

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8

Weird setup for my Toyota 7 Race Car but it worked on B-Spec and 2 more times right after to make sure. But it works well. after bb takes first you need to let him cool down and keep him near the middle of the stress bar. Should be gravy! Goodluck

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Thank you so much for the setup. I was consistently coming in either 3rd or 4th with 2nd once. First try with the setup, F(ort) Knox got 1st with a 8.6 second lead. I had it setup kinda close in some areas but I would've never made such drastic changes like in your setup. It works, and he even hit the chicane on the second lap. 👍

LSD 20/30/30

Ride Hight F-29 R -28
Spring Rate F12.8 R12.8
Dampers E F8 R8
Dampers C F4 R4
Anti Roll Bars F7 R7

Camber F1.0 R1.5
Toe F0.25 R0.15

Need to keep an eye on him, he over took first on the 7th lap.

Good Luck :)

Deep forest is easy, keep the same settings and ad 180 MPH to the gear ratio.

Hats off - you have saved me from having an aneurism, and some poor pedestrian from being flattened by my fatboy.

:cheers:

Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7

Won it thanks to this!

Got this one with Lvl. 19 Bob and a Toyota, with the medium turbo upgrade, works better with more torque, than the less controllable high end turbo.
+ LSD and Tranny adjustments
I used max downforce

(From this Board)
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40

Thank you so much !!!! 👍 It felt like a hundred times, i ve tried this one, but it seemed like Bob coudn't controll his powerful car. Now he blew them away and won by 16sec. Thank you very much :)

While in A-spec i used the toyota 7 and was very very quick with it. In B-spec i used the Chapparal 2J and my Bob didnt even needed to be pushed. Just walked away and he won easily. While he had much difficulty while using the toyota 7.

Still dont understand loads of things of B-spec. He is fast in the cars that im slower in but he is slower in cars i obliterate the competition with.

Like the formula GT was a walk in the park with for my Bob but im still on a strugle with it. (didnt restiffen and redo the engine yet, going to do that when i feel like doing it again)

Same here with slight changes.
I used the Toyota7 prize car.
My driver was level 18.
Stage2 turbo and max speed 252 IIRC. The lower gears are less prone to cause wheelspin and you begin to accellerate sooner.
LSD was more like 12/30/8 to get more rotation off throttle.
Brakes were set more to the rear and rear suspension was stiffer than the front.

The key is to pace down and stay out of the upper red zone.
Pass only after last corner and right after the last chicane.
Keep pace when in the middle of red/blue otherwise.

This was a race where I needed to give the driver constant instructions.

omg! thank you! tweaking my toyota with your settings finally let me beat this race. i set my max speed to 280 km/h and had no problem overtaking on the long straight all the way down to the first set of S turns. one more thing anyone struggling should try is trying to get the race line up with only one 2j and one 2d. neither one of them start in the front and in my race, the 2j never broke 6th place. so that helped a lot. anyone with a toyota, try this set up. tweaking the LSD really helped show what this car can do. even if it is a mindless bob driving it. AND DONT FORGET TO BABYSIT HIM THE ENTIRE RACE. pace down before the first chicane. and start pushing again as soon as you get out of the last corner

I tried a lot with the Toyota7 car, but i just swapped to Ford GT40, and my bob won the first time i tried.

so if you are stuck on the Toyota 7, try switch car.
My bob is lvl 30.

Lol ive had enough , ive everything on here yet my Driver just keeps ********* up , i got a new driver and have thrown him in the deep end with no instructions, just to get his class higher *sigh* best so far 2nd 3 times, A Spec was a doodle

How has anyone completed this?

I have the first race done but I cannot win the cote d'azur race even with the toyota 7 race car. Either I am at the back of the field by the first lap with the 2J miles ahead or there's a big pileup of cars on the last chicane before the finish line.

My driver is level 23 yet this race cannot be done.

Did you try to short the transmission, i find the toyota 7 slow on the first gears, and in this race theres not a lot of long straight line. I would try that. (im only lvl 16 b-spec)

I have the same problem, also using the toyota 7. Bob is braking a lot ealier than the AI's, and won't overtake on the straights.

Back