Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Not a review of the car, as that will come later but I really think the people who thought the acceleration of the Piazza was lifeless owe the Piazza an apology after driving this car! But I would admit I was surprised that it outgunned the Spitfire off the line. Just my first impressions...

Cheers

Tsukuba Circuit (2).jpg
EDIT: Yep, here it is. ^

Ah yes, the Click Type-R. I used to be picked up in one of those cars from school (Here it's called the Getz). I actually have one in my garage that I've completely modified and it actually sounds dangerous. 262bhp does that sometimes. Under that guise it's definitely a sleeper, although I'll have to drive it stock again to actually do a proper review.

I went to my non-local local Hyundai dealer and bought me a brand new 0 miles 2004 Hyundai Click Type-R! Cool thing was they had a 10 year aged inventory discount and only had to pay $10k out the door. Without giving any thought or even a test drive I made the deal. It looks fast enough and they told me, "naturally, the body graphics, including numbers, show the world that this Click is ready for real racing." Can't argue with that.

So, still without driving it, I had it shipped straight to Motegi Circuit for the World Circuit Tour. Like they said, "ready for real racing" right?

...to be continued.

Now here we go. The race is on and driver C. He of the '01 Impreza Rally Car decides to give me an unfriendly tap from behind right at the get go and hang behind me and continue to taunt me up until the last turn before the long straight. You see he (see what I did there?) could have gone around me easily but he must have been having too much fun. Anyways, 0:43:776 in the red after completing the first lap and 4 more to go. This is gonna take a while. After completing the second lap and well over a minute behind the leader, the race officials made me leave the race and remove myself from the championship. Lame. I am returning this car for false advertisement that is was "race ready." Clearly it wasn't.

I head back to the dealer to demand my money back only to find that all sales are final. Fortunately there is an upcoming one make race I can enter in a couple days. Maybe I can make my money back.

Last edited:
In my last post I said the Honda Insight LS '09 finished its Laguna lap just ahead of the Hyundai Click, but this morning that has now changed. See below:

2:02.632 - 338 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
2:02.688 - 331 - Hyundai Click Type-R '04

Alfa
1.6L (+100 cc)
108 hp / 6,000 rpm (+10 hp same rpm)
103 ft-lb / 3,000 rpm (+5 ft-lb same rpm)
960 kg (+10 kg)

Car of the week is the little Hyundai? It's a beast, nobody suspects it. I even posted a tune up for it a few days ago https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ndai-click-type-r.318784/page-2#post-10378458

Dragonthing, what are you doing here? A rather unexpected visit on your part, although I can kind of understand why you did it. Your newest tune is for this car, after all...
Maybe I might consider tuning it to your specifications when I am done reviewing it myself.💡

Dragonthing, what are you doing here? A rather unexpected visit on your part, although I can kind of understand why you did it. Your newest tune is for this car, after all...
Maybe I might consider tuning it to your specifications when I am done reviewing it myself.💡

I was dropping in on some threads and thought I might make an appearance to shamelessly self-promote since my garage is barely off the ground yet. I gotta say the Hyundai is an epic little car and one of the best for the 10,000cr base price.

I was dropping in on some threads and thought I might make an appearance to shamelessly self-promote since my garage is barely off the ground yet. I gotta say the Hyundai is an epic little car and one of the best for the 10,000cr base price.

"Shamelessly self-promote"... At least you're honest about it. :lol: But hey, I agree with you, this car is tons of fun in a small package. It's one of the best handling FF cars I have ever driven (yes, it is that good). And a great one-make race car, if you can forgive the lack of ability to paint it...

I saw what you did there. :sly:

For me, this car Getz the blood pumping as its a pure 'momentum ' car which means, low power, grippy tyres and having to minimise the amount you hit the brakes. :P
I have a feeling that this will be the Genesis to pun-based posts this week, wouldn't you say?

Since you are from Russia, CSM, you could do it with a bit of an Accent. But that would make you look like a Pony, probably.

I'll Getz out now.
Sorry to ruin the moment before an Eon passes, but we have Solarises instead of Accents here in Russia.
Imma gonna have to take you to a Cortina random city in Russia for not knowing that fact.

Last edited:
Sorry to ruin the moment before an Eon passes, but we have Solarises instead of Accents here in Russia.
Imma gonna have to take you to a Cortina random city in Russia for not knowing that fact.

Ah crap, there goes my Grace. I was trying to create a comic Sonata, but I couldn't Excel at it. Now if you excuse me, I must make like a horseman and Galloper out of here...

Ah crap, there goes my Grace. I was trying to create a comic Sonata, but I couldn't Excel at it. Now if you excuse me, I must make like a horseman and Galloper out of here...

Don't go too quickly, you might run into some Turbulence of the Tiburon kind. :D

Ok that's enough puns from me today, guess I'll just CLIX my phone off and call it a night. :lol:

You may be Excel-ing at the pun-in-post ratio, but you don't Excel in posts-with-pun ratio this week! So i should suggest you sell your 20M Ferrari, call your Porter friend, and swim away to where they have good Scoupe-s of ice cream, but watch out for the Tiburon! it might Grace-fully bite off a part of the boat!

Don't go too quickly, you might run into some Turbulence of the Tiburon kind. :D

Ok that's enough puns from me today, guess I'll just CLIX my phone off and call it a night. :lol:

And Vic swoops in for the finisher... and he takes it! What a final stretch, ladies and gentleman, Mr. Vic Reign wins the Hyundai pun-off! He Getz a whole special COTW Entourage for his efforts!

But wait! CSM wants the prize too! A Stellar effort, but will it be enough? :lol:

And Vic swoops in for the finisher... and he takes it! What a final stretch, ladies and gentleman, Mr. Vic Reign wins the Hyundai pun-off! He Getz a whole special COTW Entourage for his efforts!

But wait! CSM wants the prize too! A Stellar effort, but will it be enough? :lol:
Maybe, but as far as i know, im not gonna be in the Entourage for the race, too much of having to Click around on menus, but i feel the races would be i10/10 performance, wouldn't they? Wonder who would be the Libero in such an evenly matched race, who will be in the Dynasty? Probably the one with an Elantra type of personality.

Oh, look at that, we copyrighted the good puns for ourselves, nobody gets to pick Hyundai names now, Pun train crashing in Three... Two.... One.... Kaboom.

Atleast until it is brought back five seconds later.

Oh, look at that, we copyrighted the good puns for ourselves, nobody gets to pick Hyundai names now, Pun train crashing in Three... Two.... One.... Kaboom.

It's back?! I thought we Veloster for a second there. :D

Ok, now I'm done. ;)

Ah, some divine intervention will save it. We need a female saint in this. Or, as they say in Portuguese, a Santa...

Fe.

:lol:

Mcclaren will brutally assault us for this, won't he?

It's back?! I thought we Veloster for a second there. :D

Ok, now I'm done. ;)
Ah, some divine intervention will save it. We need a female saint in this. Or, as they say in Portuguese, a Santa...

Fe.

:lol:

Mcclaren will brutally assault us for this, won't he?
You two, me, you, and you too, private race with Accent rally cars on Tuscani.
Wait, WHY WOULD I GIVE MYSELF THE DISADVANTAGE?

More than likely. :P
If only you said "You should be hanged for making that pun" instead of making a Getz pun, we wouldn't be publically executed!
I hope that it will be like the Three Prisoners paradox.

More than likely. :P

We'd better stop then, lest Mcclaren comes in and crashes into us like Pastor Maldonado...

You two, me, you, and you too, private race with Accent rally cars on Tuscani.
Wait, WHY WOULD I GIVE MYSELF THE DISADVANTAGE?

If only you said "You should be hanged for making that pun" instead of making a Getz pun, we wouldn't be publically executed!

You know what, I challenge you instead! Hyundai's VGT car, on the High Spee...

WAIT, SH:censored:! THAT ISN'T IN THE GAME YET! I FORGOT!

Oh well, time to face the firing squad, led by Mr. Brad himself. We will go like gentleman...

Back