Bi-weekly Photo Comp Week #1

• Thread starter TB
  • 90 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to take something new on the weekend but couldn't come up with anything really, so decided to revert to my back-up entry. Taken a few months ago whilst trying to look at Silverstone in a different manner.

Final Entry

25th March 2012
Canon EOS 60D
Silverstone, UK

Okay, so, third time lucky, nothing was turning out like It should in my head so I went back to some pics I took a week or two ago, and set the scene back-up in order to try and emphasize "Blue". Lot of effort, little reward.. but nevermind. I'd put fifty quid on it being purple.

FINAL ENTRY

Bombay Sapphire
Canon EOS-60D
8th May 2012
Full settings here, actual set-up here. No 'shopping - not even a crop.

I keep trying to find new ideas but I always fall back to my neighbours peacock.:grumpy:

Same thing happened to me, minus the peacock. I was sat around thinking of various ideas each becoming more and more far fetched and when I tried them out they didn't look half as good as i imagined. In the end I just went out for a drive, took my camera, and stumbled on quite a few things.

Go for a walk or a drive with your camera and you never know what you will see :)

Pagey279
Same thing happened to me, minus the peacock.
Can I take this as a quote for my Sig. I understand it isn't very funny when we know the line of conversation. However take it out of context, I think it is quite hilarious.

Can I take this as a quote for my Sig. I understand it isn't very funny when we know the line of conversation. However take it out of context, I think it is quite hilarious.

Go for it :) It is actually pretty funny by itself

Final Entry

The Blue Italian
Hampshire, UK
30th April 2012
Nikon D90​

Some very good entries. Good luck to all :)👍

Well, I'm travelling on business from tonight for 10 days, hopefully I'll still get the opportunity to vote.

^ You still have time to get something up though :D

^ The funny thing is I couldnt think of anything to begin with. The moment I started looking for "blue" in my surroundings, I saw it everywhere all of a sudden! :P

Haha, wish I could say that. The only blue things I see is a picture on my wall and my shoes... And theres a blue Ford parked in front of my house, but since it's not an RS, it's not interesting xD

Edit:
BLUE SUCKS! I did a 2 hour ride on my moped in search for something nice, didn't found anything. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Carlos
Haha, wish I could say that. The only blue things I see is a picture on my wall and my shoes... And theres a blue Ford parked in front of my house, but since it's not an RS, it's not interesting xD

Edit:
BLUE SUCKS! I did a 2 hour ride on my moped in search for something nice, didn't found anything. :grumpy:

Try the sky, it can be blue at times.

Carlos
No water, sky, cars, food coloring, clothing, flowers, artwork, signs, etc? Where were you riding? The middle of nowhere? :lol:

WOW! :drool: For both Azuremen and Boffin!

Thanks! Working off my laptop instead of my Samsung monitor and.....yeah the colours aren't appearing on here like they should be lol. The blues are usually more vivid but I still stand by it like this. :)

The way I am seeing it on my Ultrasharps is a nice, dark and deep blue. It works with the subject and conveys a mood that fits.

Also, how many of us have 5D Mark II's in here? Seems like at least a few of us now :P

If my numbers are correct, you've got just over 30 minutes left to submit a shot, peoples! :D

Hopefully voters will also throw us lots of C & C.

Lock and load, boys and girls. Good luck, everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back