Bring GT Academy to Canada!! - Sign Here!! Photo Competition Added!!

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 176 comments

Should GT Academy come to Canada?

• Total voters
Bandit6
Sigh, will we at least be able to download the Academy and experience it even if our times aren't officially recorded for the competition?

I'm hoping so..

@Raggadash: You've been served sir ;)

Sigh, will we at least be able to download the Academy and experience it even if our times aren't officially recorded for the competition?

You're not missing much, just some mundane, very easy licence tests.

Is there an "official" response to the Canada question?
All I've seen are forum statements and comments by people who seem or act like they are somehow in the know.
The lack of information is frustrating!

"North America" is not the USA.

I am ALWAYS online with my canadian buddy and to be honest, I've had more cleaning and fun driving/racing session with him than any other country available. Respect to my Canuck buddies out there, you guys definitely deserve a chance to appear in GT Academy.

Considering all of the racing I've done with Canadians and horrible memories with them, I don't think Canada is ready for GT Academy...

Sorry, but I have to say No to this. I hope it doesn't offend you in anyway.
...hard to believe anyone could actually say something like this.

hmmmmphhh, maybe im 6 and cant dirve a ca but I wa gt acadey to com 2 can

Just kidding. I'd like to see GT Academy come to Canada. We should all have a chance!

Just kidding. I'd like to see GT Academy come to Canada. We should all have a chance!

I understand your disappointment. I mean, there's not GT Academy here in Australia or in New Zealand either. Perhaps with Nissan now in the V8 Supercars (their inaugural year) we may see one in the next few years, offering a chance to race for their team, maybe...:nervous:

I'd sign but there's no way it'll come to Canada unless we talk to our government. We, in Canada, cannot claim prizes from another country, hence why we're excluded. It's our government, not Sony!

Let's get together and change THAT!

I probably should've clarified my post from over a year ago. I understand what is wrong with that post and have changed my ideals. It wasn't the fact that they were slow, which is false because I raced with a lot lately, but the fact that few have little or no common sense (such as the accounts of Let_Canada_ln and Let Canada_In who are currently both in the top 31 in the US Rankings). A better way to assess the situation would be to protest Nissan, because that will hurt their sales.

Last edited:
MustangCobra95
I probably should've clarified my post from over a year ago... It wasn't the fact that they were slow, which is false.... but the fact that few have little or no common sense.. .

That. Any idea what the population of Canada is?

That. Any idea what the population of Canada is?

Hence the reason I said "few", which isn't even 0.25% of the entire population. Y'all need to calm down and learn to read my whole post. If you didn't notice, I respect Canadians very much.

Are you unaware how bigoted, ignorant and offensive you sound?
Did you not read the part in the parenthesis? "(such as the accounts of Let_Canada_ln and Let Canada_In who are currently both in the top 31 in the US Rankings)" All they are doing is delaying GT Academy by doing this.

Last edited:
How are they delaying GT Academy? I'm pretty sure PD has a system in place where that's not going to pose a problem.

How are they delaying GT Academy? I'm pretty sure PD has a system in place where that's not going to pose a problem.

If they don't count those two accounts, then I would be done with my ranting about this. If they make it onward though, what's going to happen once they put their account name down?...

For all we know Let_Canada_ln (x2) could be US citizens who's times are completely legit for the competition. It's just a PSN name, after all.

Even if they aren't US citizens, it'd be really easy for PD to just look at the next spot or two down. Like they already have in the past when someone, for whatever reason, needs to drop out of the Top 32/64/whatever.

Another year, another GTA we miss out on. A bit disappointing, and not to mention a bit misleading to have the "North American" competition ignoring almost 150 million people. Of course, there's the silver lining of me not having to get borderline obsessive about the ordeal, and getting a new wheel/cockpit setup to hold the living room hostage for the summer. Certainly the girlfriend appreciates that :P

Not that I would be high on the leaderboards anyway but yeah, it's too hot here for GTA obsessing! I logged onto the demo last night and was sweating after two laps.

I probably should've clarified my post from over a year ago. I understand what is wrong with that post and have changed my ideals. It wasn't the fact that they were slow, which is false because I raced with a lot lately, but the fact that few have little or no common sense (such as the accounts of Let_Canada_ln and Let Canada_In who are currently both in the top 31 in the US Rankings). A better way to assess the situation would be to protest Nissan, because that will hurt their sales.

Your post is not easy to read but I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the reversal. I always assumed the "Let_Canada_In" dude was a Canadian expat, moved to the States.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's not Nissan we need to protest it's our Guvment. Silly rules about accepting foreign prizes prevent us from participating.

Your post is not easy to read but I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the reversal. I always assumed the "Let_Canada_In" dude was a Canadian expat, moved to the States.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's not Nissan we need to protest it's our Guvment. Silly rules about accepting foreign prizes prevent us from participating.

Yeah I can confirm one of the two names is Canadian. That seems kind of silly though that your government can't let y'all accept a "foreign" prize like this.

That seems kind of silly though that your government can't let y'all accept a "foreign" prize like this.

I think it has to do with our Canadian content rules and regulations. We also get taxed on subscriptions and media rentals, as well, so that might play a factor. I don't know for sure but there isn't a shortage of backwards *** thinking in the Canadian government.

Last edited:
Back