Bring GT Academy to Canada!! - Sign Here!! Photo Competition Added!!

• Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 176 comments

Should GT Academy come to Canada?

• Total voters
You understand how bad that sounds? It would seem like your decision is based on online play. GT academy takes only the top so many people with the fastest times. You never actually play anyone. I would say most all of the good drivers would move onto the final rounds.

There are many bad racers from all over online. Not just from one country.

I think he gets that he made a complete you know what of himself, cut him a break:P

You understand how bad that sounds? It would seem like your decision is based on online play. GT academy takes only the top so many people with the fastest times. You never actually play anyone. I would say most all of the good drivers would move onto the final rounds.

There are many bad racers from all over online. Not just from one country.

Well I take racing seriously unlike some other people, and I'm sorry if you feel offended by that.

I understand that, as I almost made it past Round 1.

I am also aware of that and, like I've said before, most of them that I've seen came from Canada.

This thread, to be honest, is kind of pointless now considering GT Academy 2012 is being held in Germany.

:lol:

I guess you are reading between the lines. There's a GT Academy in Germany, yes. But there will also be one for several other European countries. And we shouldn't count out an announcement for GTA USA as they were really interested in doing another one when I went through it.

This was in the news part of GTP......"Unlike previous years, this isn’t a regional eliminator competition, rather a full GT Academy alongside the European GT Academy but independent of it and open only to German nationals."

Yeah, there will be for sure 2 GT Academy competitions for Europe, and possibly one for the USA. Which, if confirmed, will make it 3 winners for 2012. Two in Europe, 1 in USA. (or North America)

Been busy the last few days so I didn't get a chance to keep up with this thread, but i like that people are still posting and voting. Remember to keep the posts positive and on topic! Canadians, keep showing your interest with your flag over your head!

How about this, post some artistic pictures of your favourite cars sporting the Red and White! Every Monday and Friday night I will put a picture that catches my eye and shows Canada's passion for racing on the first post. That picture will stay there from that point on and every week I will add another 2 pictures to the list. Hopefully it will attract more attention to the thread. Now post those pictures and let me see what you can do.

Photo rules:
Make sure the colours red and white are in the picture. If you decide to make a black and white photo, see if you can edit in a canadian flag some how. Photo editing is allowed but not required. Get creative with these photos, I've seen some amazing photos in the photo mode forum, I want it to be comparable! Just make sure the photo promotes racing in Canada. BOTH Canadians and Non-Canadians can submit photos, support from all over is what we want to achieve. With your photos post what country you live in. If I decide to pick your picture, I will post your GTP name and country along with your photo.

Please only use your own original photos/work, do NOT submit someone else's photos. If you see a photo you think will work out great for this thread, contact the owner and convince them to post it here on their own.

Now lets see what you guys can do!

PS. Thank you to those of you who put a link to this thread in your signature. It makes the difference!

So what makes Canada so important? You do realise that there's plenty of countries that have been left out of the GT Academy, right?

So what makes Canada so important? You do realise that there's plenty of countries that have been left out of the GT Academy, right?

Nothing hold people back i think :), anyone from different country can post that kind of thread,
Canada is not more important than any other country, theres just someone that decided to post a thread about it (happen that he is canadian), and several (wich are canadians) agreed it would be nice.

I dont see whats wrong asking for a place in GT academy. :)

Nothing hold people back i think :), anyone from different country can post that kind of thread,
Canada is not more important than any other country, theres just someone that decided to post a thread about it (happen that he is canadian), and several (wich are canadians) agreed it would be nice.

I dont see whats wrong asking for a place in GT academy. :)

Well, there's nothing wrong with it in particular, and I certainly don't see any reason for Canada not getting a chance at participating. It just seems slightly ignorant to post a thread about one country your own country not having gotten a chance, when the same is true for a lot of other countries. Maybe I'm just being silly...

I don't think this is what you had in mind for your photo comp, but It's the first thing that came to my mind and the best i could do with 5 minutes and Word 2010 :)

defdi.jpg

@Jawehawk: Your avatar violates the AUP mate, might want to censor that pony's potty mouth ;)
AUP
You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.

@Jawehawk: Your avatar violates the AUP mate, might want to censor that pony's potty mouth ;)

But the whole text is keeping in the spirit of the forum :).
Besides, if it's ok for someone on the forum to have a butt(that's not foul language, is it?) as a profile pic, then I don't see the harm in mine. It's all in good fun, and I can't imagine anyone being offended by it.

Well, there's nothing wrong with it in particular, and I certainly don't see any reason for Canada not getting a chance at participating. It just seems slightly ignorant to post a thread about one country your own country not having gotten a chance, when the same is true for a lot of other countries. Maybe I'm just being silly...

Well I made this thread because I am Canadian and I KNOW there are a lot of people who are interested in participating in GT Academy. I don't know which other countries have a strong interest in GT-A but if someone out there recognizes the interest level in that country, they are more then welcomed, not only by me but most of GTP, to create a similar thread focusing on their region.

And yes Mr.Dino, not what I'm looking for but pretty funny. :dopey:

I'll enter this photo, it isn't from GT5, but it's of a Canadian racing legend, and one of my idols and all time favourite racing drivers, Gilles Villeneuve. (Note my avatar:P)

images

enzogil1.jpg

s1_1.jpg

1C3F937E8D2443426831A155F3A40.jpg

I know this isn't directly related to GT Academy, but I think its appropriate.

Im 10 minutes away from Gilles Villeneuve formula one track :dopey:

I voted yes, obviously even if I just read that we were still left out this year... I'm waiting since the first edition in 2008 and still we cannot show that MustangCobra95 guy that the top canadians are EXACTLY as fast as the top US ones (which is way faster than him).

For people who could have a chance of placing well, being always left away is really annoying. But anyways, having a contest in Canada doesn't even mean that Quebec is included... We still have work to do!

I forgot all about this thread, and the classic flame-war that insued..

I understand where people are coming from saying "Canadians Can't Drive" I have ran into an uncountable amount of racers from this country that, well lets say acted less then their age. How ever, I have met many that race as well as anyone I have ever raced with regardless of country. For instance, mike_gt3 has MANY Nurburgring Records here on GTP.. As well as Mac K!
Both amazing racers, and I would love having a chance to prove what some of our citizens are capable of..

It's SAD that PD forgot about the rest of America continent!

Brazil has the 4th car market in the world. Owns 8 Formula 1 championships.

I support Canada's cause but I'd like to be able to compete in GT academy too.

It's SAD that PD forgot about the rest of America continent!

Brazil has the 4th car market in the world. Owns 8 Formula 1 championships.

I support Canada's cause but I'd like to be able to compete in GT academy too.

You assume they are forgetting other countries without actually knowing why they are excluded. Could come down to local laws about competing in competitions and receiving prizes (example: Canada) or some other legal reason.

Oh and by the way, PD doesn't control GT Academy, Sony does.

To be even more prcise, Nissan does.

For this complete cause you should contact Nissan Canada, this has nothing to do with anything that Sony or PD can influence.

Nissan is your one and only address for this.

Same goes for every country "excluded". From my Croatia, to Brazil or Iran for instance. Nissan, Nissan, Nissan. Only Nissan.

PD and Sony are "only" supportive and promotional partners. But Academy project is leaded only by Nissan.

I see this has been resurrected lol. I am all for Canada being able to participate. I for one would love to be able to participate. I've been following it since day one and will continue to follow it.

MOTORTRENDmitch
I forgot all about this thread, and the classic flame-war that insued..

I understand where people are coming from saying "Canadians Can't Drive" I have ran into an uncountable amount of racers from this country that, well lets say acted less then their age. How ever, I have met many that race as well as anyone I have ever raced with regardless of country. For instance, mike_gt3 has MANY Nurburgring Records here on GTP.. As well as Mac K!
Both amazing racers, and I would love having a chance to prove what some of our citizens are capable of..

Aww you're making me blush :lol:

Please! Oh god yes please! Not beacuse I think of have a chance at winning, but the special edition cars you get out of it is nice :D Why must we be left out dammit!

It's Harper's fault!!

Juiposa
Please! Oh god yes please! Not beacuse I think of have a chance at winning, but the special edition cars you get out of it is nice :D Why must we be left out dammit!

It's Harper's fault!!

I'd rather take part just to see how far I could get. I don't know what my chances of winning would be, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a go, and if I did win, talk about spectacular! Sorry I'm dreaming:P As much as I love being Canadian, this is an example of when it sucks, but it's one of few.

Im 10 minutes away from Gilles Villeneuve formula one track :dopey:

Moi aussi! I would love to see that classic track in the game. I drive past it regularly on the Jaques Cartier bridge and fantasize seeing PD personnel scanning it for GT... We can dream.

Could come down to local laws about competing in competitions and receiving prizes (example: Canada) or some other legal reason.

But anyways, having a contest in Canada doesn't even mean that Quebec is included... We still have work to do!

Unfortunately lapierre & R1600Turbo, I think that's it precisely. La belle provence's legal red tape is exactly what is holding back GT Academy in Canada. We miss out on national sweepstakes and lotteries all the time for the same reason.

Back